login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1596777 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3878
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19425 on: July 05, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
Would there be enough interest in a thread on terrible political cartoons?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3399
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19426 on: July 05, 2018, 09:14:39 AM »
Would there be enough interest in a thread on terrible political cartoons?
That would fit in the political thread I would think..

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 204
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #19427 on: July 05, 2018, 01:07:16 PM »
Today I was working in the assisted living side of the facility we're doing our clinicals at, so it was pretty easy a d there was a lot of down time. I was talking to a couple of residents for a little bit, before I went to check on the call lights and see if anyone needed something. As I'm walking away, the lady said to the guy "Well I think she's really sweet." Made me smile the rest of the shift.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19428 on: July 07, 2018, 10:48:24 AM »
So my GF is flying home to Pittsburgh and she will be coming back between Thanksgiving and Christmas, quite possibly permanently :o
We had a great time together and we seemed to hit it off with each other immediately. I still had some emotional thoughts of my late wife but they didn't affect us being together at all.
Now we'll just communicate by phone till she can return.. I'm actually pretty happy being with her  :)

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #19429 on: July 20, 2018, 04:24:47 PM »
I'm floating in a sea of timelessness.

I've spent the last two weeks straight without a day off from work, including about five 12 hour days. In the midst of this I've changed schedules several times to accomidate unusual work requirements. My usual schedule is afternoon to late evening, and I've had to change to early morning for the most part.

I'm about an hour away from being off for my first real weekend, after which I will return and work four likely long ass days trying to train someone to do my job while I'm gone.

Where am I going? Up to Ohio to spend the weekend working another couple 12 hour days helping another facility do inventory, then take a few days to see family and fly back in time to see if everything is in chaos.

Not really a complaint, so I can't put in in Rrraaghhh or anything, and it's resulting in some awesome paychecks, but overall I'm feeling weird and numb.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19430 on: July 20, 2018, 04:42:17 PM »
Not really a complaint, so I can't put in in Rrraaghhh or anything, but overall I'm feeling weird and numb.
Like a Norman groan perhaps :P

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3388
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #19431 on: July 25, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
Penises are weird.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19432 on: July 25, 2018, 10:30:38 AM »
Penises are weird.
That's what she said  :-X

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #19433 on: July 25, 2018, 04:45:59 PM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19434 on: July 25, 2018, 05:56:27 PM »
The goof neighbors have put their house up for sale. I'm glad that they are moving as they were annoying to live next to the last year and a half..
They bought the house in mid-December 2016 while I was in Mexico with my late wife and when I got home after her passing, I find some beer bottles and cans in my backyard as well as the guy using my front yard as his driveway for his big-wheeled truck.. I toss the bottles and cans back over my privacy fence back into their yard and park my truck to block their use of my front yard for coming and going and has been there ever since. They also have a Cocker Spaniel that likes to come over and leave shits in my front yard! I've even had to call the cops at 2am because he was blasting shitty country music with his redneck buddies when I had to work the next morning!
I will be quite happy when they are actually gone and can only hope the new home owners have some tact about them and maybe I can get along with :-\ 

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19435 on: July 28, 2018, 01:42:39 AM »
Received a link to an amazon wedding registry from my former part time assistant who's getting married  in September ..
Not sure how to feel about this but the first thing I thought was 'since you're invited you need to get us something from here'..
Is this type of thing normal nowadays or a bit extreme ???

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3388
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #19436 on: July 28, 2018, 06:55:19 AM »
It's normal. It's the best way to coordinate a mass present buying operation.

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #19438 on: July 28, 2018, 08:38:53 AM »
I mean, how else are they going to beat off the jealous single people if you don't buy them weaponry, RvR? Sheesh...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19439 on: July 28, 2018, 08:50:15 AM »
I mean, how else are they going to beat off the jealous single people if you don't buy them weaponry, RvR? Sheesh...
Add a Dragon to their wish list perhaps.. :-X
They must be on that there Fantasy dust er some shit asking for crap like that for their wedding :o
One thing I've learned over the last 2 years and being widowed is the difference between Want and Need.. I mean they're asking for some realistic stuff (probably my former part time assistant is asking for that) but her future husband is more than likely the one asking for this other bizarre stuff.. ::)
They need to hit up the thrift stores IMHO..