Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1382550 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 67
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #18795 on: September 08, 2017, 10:01:12 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that Lucas. I hope everything goes okay.  :'(

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3757
« Reply #18796 on: September 09, 2017, 05:14:48 PM »
Thank you Russoguru.  One of the biggest aspects that is agitating about it is that it has taken this long for them to finally get him to an oncologist when it was fast-growing two months ago.  Won't know til at least Monday if he'll want me there, or when.  He said when he doesn't feel good he doesn't like anyone around him at all (I'm the same way), so basically, he wouldn't want me there post-chemo, but not sure how much quality time he'll have left where he DOES feel relatively good, if any, after that starts.

IF that starts.  It may be too advanced as it is, as he said on the phone just last night that he thought he found another spot it may be growing, which would suggest it is already stage 4.  If that is the case, they may not feel, or HE may not feel, that any gains by treatment would be worth the hell he'd go through in treatment.  That was, actually, one of the things I wanted to talk to him about in person, before treatment started - now, not an option, apparently.  I'll have to do so over the phone after he gets feedback on it from the oncologist if they don't automatically just jump into it.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2104
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #18797 on: September 10, 2017, 05:14:20 PM »
Sorry to hear this, Lucas. Hoping for the best.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #18798 on: September 10, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
Again Lucas I wish you all my best. I can't imagine what that must be like for you.

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #18799 on: September 10, 2017, 06:13:10 PM »
Thank you EJG III and thank you again Russoguru.

The 'not knowing' is definitely the biggest problem right now.  Personally, when a cancer is so aggressive that it is not visible on the face and two months later is a large lump and affecting speech (as well as potentially being in a second spot on his body), I can't see it being treatable at this level.  [Certainly not enough life expectancy gain to warrant the loss of quality of life.]  So for me the 'not knowing' is 'not knowing when I would be traveling there'.  But for my dad I think he is still 'guardedly hopeful' for treatment/cure, though he, too, is seriously anxious wanting to at least KNOW what he is dealing with.  Underneath I think he, too, knows that with it this aggressive there isn't likely to be much that can be done and I think mostly is anxious with being 'on hold' for emotionally preparing for the end of his life.  And that is part of what I want to be there for.

In my psychology training I learned some of what may be needed or what someone may want to talk about with death issues, so won't shy away from conversations I don't think my brother is capable of having with him.  But since my dad is not a therapy client, I can simply use what I learned as guidelines to help him talk about whatever he needs to with it, at pretty much whatever speed he feels he can handle it.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #18800 on: September 10, 2017, 09:43:44 PM »
Lucas please check your pm's when you've got time.

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #18801 on: September 27, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
New TV Series in the UK called "Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams".  Comprised of one-hour 'movies' of some of his short stories.

For a really catchy title, why didn't they just call it "Dick Pics"?

[Oh... yeah... I guess that'd be why.]

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #18802 on: September 27, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »
Yeah I'm sure nobody would ever get the wrong idea.  ;D

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #18803 on: September 28, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »
So... since there's a Hogwarts, is the complementary wizarding school Frogatherrosclerosis?

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 10
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #18804 on: September 28, 2017, 05:48:34 AM »
I once texted a girl a picture of Dick Cheney, Dick Vitale, and Dick Tracy, because I heard somewhere that it's cool to send girls Dick Pics.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4951
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #18805 on: September 28, 2017, 06:13:23 AM »
I once texted a girl a picture of Dick Cheney, Dick Vitale, and Dick Tracy, because I heard somewhere that it's cool to send girls Dick Pics.
Sending someone a picture of Dick Cheney is more offensive than sending them a picture of your dick.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2947
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #18806 on: September 28, 2017, 06:21:19 AM »
A new German based grocery store chain called Lidl had their grand opening in town this morning..
The parking lot was packed with a line out the door.. I had to park around the backside in a construction lot
It was a madhouse in there once you got inside with rude people just standing in the way, leaving their cart in the aisle, etc.. :grr:
Overall it was a pretty nice grocery store but wouldn't want to go when it's that crowded again >:(
They're a competitor and larger in size to Aldi grocery stores (also German based) and their prices were cheaper than Aldis :o

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 10
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #18807 on: September 28, 2017, 06:47:20 AM »
Sending someone a picture of Dick Cheney is more offensive than sending them a picture of your dick.

Ok I'll come clean.  I didn't have any pictures of Dick Cheney.  I sent her a picture of Vice President Notcheney from The Day After Tomorrow.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #18808 on: September 28, 2017, 07:09:07 PM »
It's too bad there wasn't a Vice President Notcheney in The day after Tomorrow. If there was, that would have been the best thing to come out of any Roland Emmerich movie.

Offline Russoguru

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #18809 on: October 01, 2017, 08:36:11 PM »
I'd again like to apologize to the forum and all the members of it for the way I acted back then. I was very impertinent towards a lot of you and my behavior was inexcusable. People's feelings are more important than getting into pointlessly heated arguments over movies. I was a real troll back then and am trying to really make up for that now by being as respectful, polite and as considerate as I possibly can be. So from the bottom of my heart, I am very and sincerely sorry. You all deserved better from me.