Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1804312 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #17850 on: July 21, 2016, 10:55:01 PM »
How can you not like Les Miserables?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17851 on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:36 PM »
How can you not like Les Miserables?

It's easy if you work at it.
FINE

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17852 on: July 21, 2016, 11:01:20 PM »
To be fair, I have only seen the recent adaptation. I can't speak to all versions of the musical.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #17853 on: July 21, 2016, 11:31:21 PM »
Oh well, there's plenty of other great musicals out there to enjoy. :)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #17854 on: July 22, 2016, 07:16:27 AM »
To be fair, I have only seen the recent adaptation. I can't speak to all versions of the musical.

I like that version better. The way that many musical theater involves BOOMING VOICES where the emphasis is on hitting the note loud enough instead of the emotion. The movie had a lot more freedom to do that....also they picked professional singers who are also hollywood actors (except fro Amanda Seyfried...fucking Cossette).

Hamilton (if you can catch a rare image of it on youtube) had the cast use microphones, which I never thought you could do in a musical. Still, I feel like its more of an album than a recording of a musical on stage.

Also Lin-Manuel Miranda is my new boyfriend, so he can do know wrong.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #17855 on: July 22, 2016, 08:23:08 AM »
Are we all just not going to talk about the fact Lucas Black doesn't seem to age?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17856 on: July 22, 2016, 09:43:56 AM »
Why the hell is toast a thing? did someone just decide, you know what, this bread is good, but I'm going to burn it more and see how that tastes. Or was there a method behind it, like they were trying to come up with a more effective way of making sandwiches cause the bread always got too soggy and someone was like, hey, let's make the outside of it crunchy and that way it won't fall apart from too much mayo. Toast confuses me.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17857 on: July 22, 2016, 10:03:59 AM »
Why the hell is toast a thing? did someone just decide, you know what, this bread is good, but I'm going to burn it more and see how that tastes. Or was there a method behind it, like they were trying to come up with a more effective way of making sandwiches cause the bread always got too soggy and someone was like, hey, let's make the outside of it crunchy and that way it won't fall apart from too much mayo. Toast confuses me.
Butter spreads better on toast bread :P

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #17858 on: July 22, 2016, 10:11:35 AM »

This may help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maillard_reaction
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #17859 on: July 22, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »

Don't dis toast.  I lost my sense of smell when I was around 6 years old.  Toast is the only smell I miss.  I'd pay quite a bit to be able to smell toast again.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #17860 on: July 22, 2016, 03:21:31 PM »
How's your sense of taste?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17861 on: July 22, 2016, 03:24:15 PM »
Don't dis toast.  I lost my sense of smell when I was around 6 years old.  Toast is the only smell I miss.  I'd pay quite a bit to be able to smell toast again.

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #17862 on: July 22, 2016, 03:42:57 PM »

Took me a long time to understand and admit that it is different.  My tongue still works.  I still pick up sweet, sour, salty, and bitter, so I thought I could taste just fine.  But I understand now that it's quite different than a normal person's.  Your nasal passages are connected to your mouth and throat (hence the ability for milk to come out of disgusting people's noses), so when you are chewing on something you are actually smelling it even stronger than when it was outside your mouth, but your brain combines it all into what we call taste. 

For example, I thought all skittles tasted the same (like sugar).  Bananas are just a mushy texture.  I don't like overly spicy foods because all I can taste is the chemical reaction, none of the flavor.  Same goes for very bitter things, like coffee and alcohol.  I've taken tiny sips, but never had a full glass of beer because it just tastes like a big cup of bitterness, and I've never had the urge to get drunk. 

Things still taste good or taste bad, it's just different.  Perhaps a lower resolution than a normal sense of taste.  Actually, color blind is probably a better analogy.  I can still see shape and form the same as you, and a few colors, but where you see variation in some colors, I see them as both the same.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17863 on: July 22, 2016, 04:27:08 PM »
I'm not dissin' toast, I'm just saying that it's weird.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7912
« Reply #17864 on: July 22, 2016, 06:34:17 PM »

Took me a long time to understand and admit that it is different.  My tongue still works.  I still pick up sweet, sour, salty, and bitter, so I thought I could taste just fine.  But I understand now that it's quite different than a normal person's.  Your nasal passages are connected to your mouth and throat (hence the ability for milk to come out of disgusting people's noses), so when you are chewing on something you are actually smelling it even stronger than when it was outside your mouth, but your brain combines it all into what we call taste. 

For example, I thought all skittles tasted the same (like sugar).  Bananas are just a mushy texture.  I don't like overly spicy foods because all I can taste is the chemical reaction, none of the flavor.  Same goes for very bitter things, like coffee and alcohol.  I've taken tiny sips, but never had a full glass of beer because it just tastes like a big cup of bitterness, and I've never had the urge to get drunk. 

Things still taste good or taste bad, it's just different.  Perhaps a lower resolution than a normal sense of taste.  Actually, color blind is probably a better analogy.  I can still see shape and form the same as you, and a few colors, but where you see variation in some colors, I see them as both the same.

Are you super thin?