Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 2036665 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #17355 on: April 20, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »
I think Gordon in Year One is Bryan Cranston, if I remember right.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #17356 on: April 20, 2016, 10:22:03 AM »
I think Gordon in Year One is Bryan Cranston, if I remember right.

You are correct.

Recently I started playing Batman: Arkham Knight again, and my wife walked in and recognized a voice. Something I hadn't noticed is that Commissioner Gordon is played by Jonathan Banks in that game. If you don't know his name, he's the actor who plays Mike in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I laughed and mentioned that makes him the second Breaking Bad actor to play the part, since the animated Batman: Year One movie had Bryan Cranston as Gordon.

Coindidently, that weekend we noticed that Batman: Year One is playing on HBO this month, so we recorded it and I watched the other day. Then I noticed something else odd, recognizing the voice of Batman in that movie is Ben McKenzie, a.k.a. Jim Gordon from the show Gotham.

Not sure what the next link in this odd chain is going to be.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17357 on: April 20, 2016, 06:06:14 PM »
Yo, brain/body, I know you think I can get pregnant what with all the estrogen, but doing it about a week after started a new anti depressant has completely wrecked me, please stop.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5324
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17358 on: April 21, 2016, 12:03:26 PM »
Fending off a lot of sadness this week.. :-[
A good friend of mine I've known for over 30 years passed away the other day from an epileptic seizure. He played in a local band he formed in high school and was a regular at a local bar across the street from a house some friends were renting that I would stay at on weekends when I was home from the Navy (1988-92). Hung out with the band into the mid 90s and even lived in the house they stayed at when they broke up and went their separate ways.
Found him on facebook living in Los Angeles several years back working in a LA recording studio and even worked with big name bands recording their sessions as well as teaching younger kids how to play guitar, bass, keyboards, even recording equipment. The guy was a wizard when it came to music but he told me recently these seizures that only started happening a few years ago were taking their toll on his health and the doctors had no idea what was causing them.
Now he's gone. He was 45. :(

Then news of Joanie Laurer (AKA: Chyna) passed away a day or 2 ago and now Prince died today.
Fuck!! :angry:

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3476
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17359 on: April 21, 2016, 03:33:06 PM »
Sorry for your loss, RVR.

I never got into Prince, but I know this will be another massive one for a lot of people. What a year.
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3225
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17360 on: April 21, 2016, 03:51:04 PM »
  Joanie Laurer died?  WTF, she was only in her mid 40s....

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17361 on: April 21, 2016, 04:26:13 PM »
Sorry for your loss, RVR.

I never got into Prince, but I know this will be another massive one for a lot of people. What a year.
Thanks. It's life  :-[

He was very influential back in the 80s here so any musicians (and even actors) from the 80s that have passed on is like a shot to the gut :-\
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:29:09 PM by RVR II »

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #17362 on: April 21, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »
Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend RVR.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5087
« Reply #17363 on: April 21, 2016, 06:38:57 PM »
I'm sorry your friend died, RVR II.  It must have been even more difficult after finding him following losing track for a while.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17364 on: April 21, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend RVR.
I'm sorry your friend died, RVR II.  It must have been even more difficult after finding him following losing track for a while.
Thanks Johnny and Lucas.
He posted some battle scars from his last major seizure on January 1st where he passed out and broke his arm/shoulder really bad. Had to have surgery on January 7th and had a couple of bolts & a metal plate inserted..
Talked to him then when I was in Mexico and he saluted me for having a good time and I said I take a shot (or 2) of Tequila for him. He laughed.
Felt good to bring a smile to him while he was stuck in the hospital bringing in the new year.
*sigh* Yeah his passing blindsided me big time (as well as other local friends) that's for sure :-[

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5087
« Reply #17365 on: April 22, 2016, 01:24:47 AM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

BiteMe316

« Reply #17366 on: April 22, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »
Another week of no job interviews or even callbacks.  This job searching bullshit is starting to not be worth the effort.  What's the point of looking when no one responds?  :'(

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17367 on: April 22, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »
Job hunting is the most counter-intuitive process in the world. You experience failure hundreds- maybe thousands of times while trying to get that one person to even contact you, which STILL might not lead to employment. Your worst enemy is your brain because it takes that data and screams at you, "This isn't working!" But it's a numbers game and the only way to get to success is to plod through your resume seemingly flying off into the void over and over until you get that one employer who's interested.

Good luck, and keep going. Persistence is the key.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17368 on: April 22, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
Another week of no job interviews or even callbacks.  This job searching bullshit is starting to not be worth the effort.  What's the point of looking when no one responds?  :'(
I'm in the same position.. No interviews, only a couple call backs from temp agencies but they only want to pay minimal pay.. ::)
I've decided to suspend my job hunting for the next couple months since I'm about to start the eviction process of my psycho neighbor next month, then take a trip to Mexico in June to collect some funds from our boutique there (and to unwind from the stress I'll be dealing with evicting dipshit), and then I'll try again in July I suppose..
Might just accept something with minimal pay from then till December just to keep my monthly bills in check and then get ready for the next tax season again :-\
Hope for the best!

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #17369 on: April 22, 2016, 03:15:25 PM »

Sorry to hear that. The six months I spent job hunting was some of the darkest times of my life. The worst part is everyone around you with long term stable working either offering bad advice or implying you're just lazy. Everybody has an opinion about the unemployed and unfortunately it's often offensive.

I sympathize with your predicament I wish you all the best.