login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 2042620 times)

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #17310 on: April 05, 2016, 09:25:13 PM »
Only thing worse than the stomach flu is everyone in the house with the stomach flu. Especially when one is a toddler. They do NOT make pull-ups air-tight...

We had that in Feb. Nasty business. The only consolation was that we didn't all have the worst of it at the same time.

On the other hand, we use cloth diapers and my older son seems to be of the Linda Blair school of emesis, so that was interesting.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17311 on: April 06, 2016, 05:04:03 AM »
There's this really creepy looking stuffed monkey that's been sitting on the couch forever, because dad likes it. Being the creative person I am, I decided to start hiding it around the house to freak out my mother. The first day, it was peering at her over a pile of laundry. Yesterday, it was buckled into the back seat of her car. Today, I woke up early to was my hair, and she was in the shower. I grabbed the monkey and stuck it on the floor watching the door. Waiting for the results of this one.

My dad said that they should hide the monkey from me, because he likes it and it's his monkey, but he also finds this hilarious, even if he can't say so in front of mother. He saw me sticking it up there today, and just smiled at me.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5089
« Reply #17312 on: April 06, 2016, 07:50:25 PM »
Putting this here since I think this is one of the more heavily trafficked threads.  [Also posting in the MST3K area of the Forum.]

Hey MSTies! Volume XXXVI is up for pre-order, and if you order from ShoutFactory.com you get an EXCLUSIVE bonus disc featuring The MST3K Annual Summer Blockbuster Review!

There are a limited number of these, more details on the product page here. This volume includes the following episodes:

Riding With Death
Stranded In Space
City Limits
The Incredible Melting Man

Unfortunately, since Amazon discounts the MST3K DVD sets to about $40 on release, this means that one is paying over $20 (with Shout!'s shipping charges the total is over $61) for basically one hour of material.  Collectors can't pass it up (so order soon, they say there's only 1000 copies and that's not a lot!), but those just wanting the original full-film shows can easily let this one slide.  For investment reasons, I wish I could afford multiples.  The combination of a film with dubious licensing and this would likely make this a valuable set.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:08:02 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3490
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17313 on: April 06, 2016, 08:09:32 PM »
Great for those who live in the US. Everyone else can go suck an egg.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #17314 on: April 06, 2016, 08:46:39 PM »
Shit - they don't ship internationally?  Or is it that they charge so much for shipping that it would make the extra disc basically $40 or more?

That sucks, either way. >:(
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17315 on: April 06, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
They don't. My assumption is they only buy rights to their releases in the US, so they can't legally.
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1668
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #17316 on: April 06, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »
They don't. My assumption is they only buy rights to their releases in the US, so they can't legally.

Torrents it is
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17317 on: April 06, 2016, 09:18:54 PM »
It's the first time their bonus has been something I'm annoyed about missing out on, TBH. I wish they weren't doing this with something we can't get elsewhere (legally)
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #17318 on: April 06, 2016, 09:43:52 PM »
If you ask, I'm sure there's someone here who would be willing to buy a copy and send it to you at cost.  A friend sending something would be legal, I would think.  But of course you'd be paying postage twice: what it costs for them to get it from Shout! (over $6), then what it costs them to send it to you (whatever that would be).

If international shipping was something one could do from home (with mail carrier pick-up), I'd volunteer.  But I believe in-post-office postage purchasing and a face-to-face handoff is necessary with international shipping (unless one is selling something via eBay or Amazon where postage/customs forms are filled out automatically at home by them, but even there an in-person handoff I think is still needed).

Anyone here want to volunteer if EJG III wants it?  Or anyone who knows international shipping from the US want to correct me if I am mistaken on the 'ground rules' for such shipping?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:46:10 PM by LucasM »

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17319 on: April 06, 2016, 09:49:59 PM »
I appreciate it, but it wouldn't be worth the shipping. Thanks though :)
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #17320 on: April 06, 2016, 11:59:35 PM »
Just applied to be on a TV show were you get in bed with a stranger in your underwear and answer questions...

http://www.sbs.com.au/home/article/2016/04/07/sbs-wants-you-exciting-new-documentary-series-2
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #17321 on: April 07, 2016, 09:43:32 AM »
Just applied to be on a TV show were you get in bed with a stranger in your underwear and answer questions...

http://www.sbs.com.au/home/article/2016/04/07/sbs-wants-you-exciting-new-documentary-series-2

Interesting. Why did you apply? The only reality show I have ever applied for was Biggest Loser (twice).
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #17322 on: April 07, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »
I'm sick of being single and it seemed interesting?
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #17323 on: April 07, 2016, 11:01:23 AM »
I'm sick of being single and it seemed interesting?

I remember when I used to be sick of being single. Le sigh. Also, does my brain not work because half of me doesn't want a relationship?
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3992
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17324 on: April 07, 2016, 11:22:22 AM »
People assume that a good relationship is a 100% good relationship. Never true. There are always sacrifices and the other person will always drive you crazy. The key is to get yourself in a relationship where you can step back and say, "Overall, this makes me happier, so I can put up with that and this and that..." Doesn't mean the putting-up is always easy.