Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1788896 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #16005 on: October 08, 2015, 10:25:52 PM »
FedEx some to me.  ;D
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #16006 on: October 08, 2015, 10:48:12 PM »
Cake donuts are just an insulting waste of time. Yeast or gtfo.

Never heard of those, that does sound wrong.

Cake bagels would be really disgusting, all soggy and deformed from being in the boiling water.....

Wow, there seem to be a lot of recipes for cake donuts, most of them say quick and easy, ah, the hallmark of all good food..... ;D

Quick and easy food... the exact opposite of the cheesecake in my oven right now :D

soguru

« Reply #16007 on: October 09, 2015, 12:25:46 AM »
Well you'd have to be in the Duke city (Albuquerque, NM). They make good donuts. Never tried the cake ones, though.
Pak you MUST try them at least once. They're like the sum of all deliciousness in the world.
FedEx some to me.  ;D
Aw man... I have NO idea how well those poor donuts would handle being shipped.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:27:25 AM by Soguru »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #16008 on: October 09, 2015, 12:45:54 AM »
They'd be fine.  :)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #16009 on: October 09, 2015, 09:01:37 AM »
Went to the doctor this morning.  On the way back home, I became concerned because my vision was pretty blurry.  I was wearing reading glasses, not sunglasses.  8)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

soguru

« Reply #16010 on: October 09, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »
Went to the doctor this morning.  On the way back home, I became concerned because my vision was pretty blurry.  I was wearing reading glasses, not sunglasses.  8)
oh you. :P Remember what Corey Hart said. Why do you wear your Sunglasses at night?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16011 on: October 09, 2015, 09:47:20 AM »
So he can keep track of visions in his eyes!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5711
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #16012 on: October 09, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »
So he can keep track of visions in his eyes!
In that case  think he has the reflective material on the wrong side.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #16013 on: October 09, 2015, 03:44:15 PM »
i'm currently watching the latest spongebob movie. this is what spending the day marking does to me.
dF = 0
d*F = J

soguru

« Reply #16014 on: October 09, 2015, 04:58:40 PM »
Why in the hell would anybody.... ANYBODY obtain and photograph one of the world's rarest creatures and then kill it?! What in the fuck?! It's fucking shit like this that makes me want to die! How could somebody even think about doing that?!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #16015 on: October 09, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »
I don't want to know what you are talking about, but I completely agree.  :'(
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

soguru

« Reply #16016 on: October 09, 2015, 08:20:22 PM »
I don't want to know what you are talking about, but I completely agree.  :'(
I cried about the aforementioned story heavily. To say it broke my heart is quite the understatement.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #16017 on: October 10, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
99% of all life that has existed is now extinct.  Its the way of the world.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #16018 on: October 10, 2015, 10:18:57 AM »
 That's a tough one to judge, the bird is not endangered, it's doing well in it's environment, the locals even hunt them for food.  Only reason the news stories use the word endangered is because the total population is under the limit set for when a large population of animals falls, but it never was higher, there are lots of animals that only live in small geographic areas and a few thousand is the natural max population for them.

These days taking a sample back for dissection just doesn't seem necessary, I really don't buy the story that a blood sample and measurements wouldn't have been enough to determine what might threaten the population in the future.   Are they really going to learn different things from the male vs. the female (3 female specimens have been collected previously).  They guy should have known there would be backlash, the minimal extra data by collecting it certainly isn't worth getting people angry, there are too many idiots against science already.

soguru

« Reply #16019 on: October 10, 2015, 11:52:42 AM »
99% of all life that has existed is now extinct.  Its the way of the world.
I'm sure you're right Sideswipe, but somehow that still doesn't make me feel better.
That's a tough one to judge, the bird is not endangered, it's doing well in it's environment, the locals even hunt them for food.  Only reason the news stories use the word endangered is because the total population is under the limit set for when a large population of animals falls, but it never was higher, there are lots of animals that only live in small geographic areas and a few thousand is the natural max population for them.

These days taking a sample back for dissection just doesn't seem necessary, I really don't buy the story that a blood sample and measurements wouldn't have been enough to determine what might threaten the population in the future.   Are they really going to learn different things from the male vs. the female (3 female specimens have been collected previously).  They guy should have known there would be backlash, the minimal extra data by collecting it certainly isn't worth getting people angry, there are too many idiots against science already.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against science or anything, I'd just rather life be preserved.