Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1913836 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #13095 on: February 09, 2015, 07:42:01 AM »
No doubt, it's trial and error with those meds. I hope they can find one that works for you. If not,  you can get better without them.  I did.  :highfive:

ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1384
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13096 on: February 09, 2015, 07:59:26 AM »
When I was in Rehab, one of the nurses said that there is a machine they use in Europe that can read your DNA and determine which meds will work with you so you don't have to do trial and error. I have been lucky because the majority of meds I have taken work great for me. :)
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13097 on: February 09, 2015, 08:30:10 AM »
Ok I have a question. I am writing a blog, and I want to add pictures and stuff to it. What are the rules regarding using pictures, memes, gifs, etc that are found on the internet. Is there a copyright or can I use the stuff on my blog?

Thanks!

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #13098 on: February 09, 2015, 09:01:20 AM »
Ok I have a question. I am writing a blog, and I want to add pictures and stuff to it. What are the rules regarding using pictures, memes, gifs, etc that are found on the internet. Is there a copyright or can I use the stuff on my blog?

Thanks!

To be strictly legal, all images would need to be purchased or acquired from a free to use image bank.

That said, most people don't follow that rule....even large corporations.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2971
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #13099 on: February 09, 2015, 09:16:14 AM »
To use an image you are supposed to get permission from the copyright holder, copyright is automatic when anyone creates something (picture, book, art, etc.).  The problem is this gets abused so much on the internet it's often very hard to know who that person is.  As Kete said there are banks of images the people have given their permission for anyone to use, royalty free.

There are various rules that fall under fair use, education, parody, etc.  That's a more tricky area to get into.

In reality so many people don't follow the rules and if there is no money being made violations get ignored.  Unless of course you use an image from a company that goes after people no matter what (cough,disney,cough).

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13100 on: February 09, 2015, 10:29:40 AM »
So, I should just go ahead and use the images and wait and see if I get in trouble?

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13101 on: February 09, 2015, 10:37:34 AM »
I'd say use the pictures. If the owner has a problem they will email you.

Might help to give credit where credit is due. Sometimes I post screenshots of interesting articles I find, but I always include a link to the original website.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #13102 on: February 09, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »
We violate copyright law all the time on this forum.  All of the image threads are in violation, and anytime someone quotes an article or other written material, they are in violation.  While citing a source doesn't make it not a copyright violation, it may make you less of a dick (although some creators would still be completely upset about using their image at all, as is their right).

Also, be careful about what images you use, and try to understand their context.  Here are some examples why: http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-reasons-not-to-use-stolen-images-to-make-political-point/

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4992
« Reply #13103 on: February 09, 2015, 12:06:30 PM »
When I was in Rehab, one of the nurses said that there is a machine they use in Europe that can read your DNA and determine which meds will work with you so you don't have to do trial and error. I have been lucky because the majority of meds I have taken work great for me. :)

I'm glad your meds have worked. :)  It is, unfortunately, trial and error for so many doctors to find just the right ones for people.

In the US, Dr. Amen's Clinic does SPECT scans, which show the areas of the brain that are functioning well, and those that aren't functioning so well, and has had great success with customizing treatment that way.  I had not heard of a DNA scan in use in Europe (since I'm retired from the field, I don't do as much research/learning about it as I used to).  While some difficulties show up in DNA, there are so many factors that feed into dysfunction (both 'nature' and 'nurture') that, personally, I think scanning the brain would be the more direct - and more accurate - route.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Soguru

« Reply #13104 on: February 09, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »
I feel like an idiot. I placed an order at Dominos and I couldn't find the giftcard I was going to use to pay for the order. I thought there was a chance they didn't give it back to me after my last pick up there and I called to ask if they had it up there. They didn't. They were totally cool about it and zeroed out the order even when I insisted I should still pay for the order anyway.

What the fuck is wrong with me? I let some shit affect me to the point where I can't even live my life and keep track of shit that has actual value. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3053
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #13105 on: February 09, 2015, 04:00:31 PM »
When I was in Rehab, one of the nurses said that there is a machine they use in Europe that can read your DNA and determine which meds will work with you so you don't have to do trial and error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pud2-fsgMtI
FINE

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13106 on: February 09, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »
When I was in Rehab, one of the nurses said that there is a machine they use in Europe that can read your DNA and determine which meds will work with you so you don't have to do trial and error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pud2-fsgMtI

Actually, my therapist has recommended that I do that. Any doctor can do the test, they just send the samples to the people who screen them.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6326
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13107 on: February 09, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »
In THOR, Odin says that Mjolnir has "no equal as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build". In one of the Marvel movies I want to see Thor using Mjolnir to hammer in nails in a fence or something.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13108 on: February 09, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0bxnuOdWUmA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0bxnuOdWUmA</a>

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #13109 on: February 09, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »
Speaking of hating Disney...
   There were some posts somewhere about Old Yeller dog food.  I was at the grocer's tonight, and saw the stuff.  And yeah, it has a prominent Disney logo right on the bag.  That's pretty shitty.  What next, effers?  Disney's line of Bambi brand hunting clothes?
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!