Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1808693 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11370 on: July 18, 2014, 07:02:10 PM »
e Fish... Gideon Vandaleur... Grathon Tolar... Papa Doc... all potentially great fictional characters with awesome names all reduced to obscurity, for now.
Was there a fictional character called Papa Doc, did he come before or after Fraçois Duvalier?

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11371 on: July 19, 2014, 09:58:32 PM »
I just got a crash course in retexturing things in Skyrim. Basically, I had a shield that I loved the textures and design for, but the model the mod maker used clipped through my character's arm. My friend found a model she wanted to use for the shields, and we tried figuring out how to do it. She went to bed, as it was 3 am for her, and I kept trying, until one of my other friends told me how to do it. All I had to do was remap the texture and set it up so the model would like it and VOILA! Game of Thrones House Shields in Skyrim... they're not even lorebreaking... I only did the Targaryens and the Starks, both of which fit nicely into Skyrim. :D

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #11372 on: July 19, 2014, 11:08:23 PM »
I've been popping in my Simpsons discs in my downtime lately, usually while I eat. Finally dug up my Season 5 set, which resulted in me realizing that Burns' Heir might be one of my favorite episodes. Which is strange, because I don't recall thinking much of it when I was younger, but damn, it's an astoundingly funny episode. Plus, it finally gave me the source for a joke that I've seen floating around the net for years but could never quite place:

"But I did get Paul McCartney out of Wings."
"You idiot! He was the most talented one."

Nearly choked on my pasta.

Soguru

« Reply #11373 on: July 20, 2014, 12:16:56 AM »
Was there a fictional character called Papa Doc, did he come before or after Fraçois Duvalier?
He was the guy Action Jackson was looking for in the movie of the same name(Action Jackson, that is). :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:20:57 AM by Soguru »

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #11374 on: July 20, 2014, 02:13:11 AM »
Don't go skinny dipping in a public pool where there are cameras.  I don't want to see your ass crack in hi def on my screen.  (Fit females: please disregard)

P.S.  If you are package-ically challenged, my co-workers may nickname you "Ken Doll".

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11375 on: July 20, 2014, 05:21:49 AM »
He was the guy Action Jackson was looking for in the movie of the same name(Action Jackson, that is). :)
Oh, after then. :)

Looking up Duvalier around the.time I asked that reminded me of how he got his nom-de-tyranny: he was once a pretty damn successful Doctor who ran a vaccine program that saved the lives of tons of children; weird how, once in power his secret police probably snuffed out many of the lives he saved long before.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11376 on: July 20, 2014, 05:40:54 AM »
Don't go skinny dipping in a public pool where there are cameras.  I don't want to see your ass crack in hi def on my screen.  (Fit females: please disregard)

P.S.  If you are package-ically challenged, my co-workers may nickname you "Ken Doll".
Um ... ok :-X

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #11377 on: July 20, 2014, 05:58:59 AM »

Um ... ok :-X
Monitoring alarms, you see all kinds of stuff.  Rarely good stuff.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11378 on: July 20, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »
i need to find myself a bitey mad lady to steal. :'(
dF = 0
d*F = J

Soguru

« Reply #11379 on: July 20, 2014, 11:09:45 PM »
i need to find myself a bitey mad lady to steal. :'(
there there it'll be ok.  :)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11380 on: July 21, 2014, 05:24:20 AM »
I spelled color with a "u" today, completely without thinking... I'm afraid I'm turning into a brit...

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11381 on: July 21, 2014, 05:28:53 AM »
I spelled color with a "u" today, completely without thinking... I'm afraid I'm turning into a brit...

or, *shudder*, a canadian.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11382 on: July 21, 2014, 05:32:24 AM »

or, *shudder*, a canadian.
Much more likely. :)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11383 on: July 21, 2014, 06:05:25 AM »

First step towards a better you.

Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #11384 on: July 21, 2014, 07:11:42 AM »

I always do this when I spell vapor (vapour)