login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1807117 times)

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11280 on: July 14, 2014, 07:58:57 AM »
It seems bad, sure, but every point in history does.  This is actually the most prosperous time in human history.  The population increase has already started to stabilize as more countries have developed, and the more a country is developed the lower the population rate.  The school system needs a major overhaul, but it could be worse.  Roughly 100 years ago people would have been lucky to have the headline about Obamacare or forcing employers to pay for birth control.  Because back then the headline would have been mostly about people dropping dead left and right from Spanish fucking flu.  Also, the merest glimpse of the wikipidea entry on narcissism will show what you said about that is incorrect.

Swipe, you are looking at the world through Western, TV/Internet, colored eyes. There is the two thirds of the world where people are starving to death, shitting their intestines into the sand, (and many of those people are doing that right here in America!), and there is the rest of world who don't give a shit.

Also, my definition of Narcissism is the one you should listen to, not the internet. The internet is TV, do you believe what you see on TV? I hope not.

Every generation has been worse than the one before, and every century has been worse than the one before. The human species is dying. The Planet is fine! We are fucked!

Entropy. The Center will not hold.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11281 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:11 AM »
I like George Carlin too, but Swipe makes a lot of valid points.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11282 on: July 14, 2014, 08:20:56 AM »
Yeah, I love Carlin. He was a prophet.

Swipe has no valid points. He is a Transformers lover. A lover of Transformers! I don't know if you get the impact of that statement...

By definition, he can have no valid points!

(He and I spar with one another but there is a deep, abiding bromance.... that no woman can tear asunder!)

I LOVE YOU SWIPE!

Rev. Randy.

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #11283 on: July 14, 2014, 08:32:02 AM »
7 billion people on the planet, 10 billion in a couple years. That's way, WAY too many large mammals on a tiny amount of arable land.

Actually, it's not too bad yet...

The entire world population could fit in the state of Texas and it’d only have the population density of New York City!

People freak out all the time about how we’re overpopulating Earth and we’re all going to die, because we can’t sustain ourselves. There isn’t enough land to produce enough food to sustain us, let alone have any space to move around at all. There are 6.8 billion people on Earth. Calculations show that if we wanted to make everyone in Earth live on a space that had the same population density as New York City, we could fit everyone in about 666,265 square kilometers, which is less than the size of Texas!

So, every man, woman, and child could fit pretty comfortably within the perimeter of the state of Texas. Not only does that leave the other 49 United States open, but it leaves all the other countries clear and open, too. So, it is pretty safe to say that we have enough space, the entire world except Texas, to farm and ranch for our food supply.

Would water be a problem, though? It's calculated that we need 350 billion liters of water per day to properly hydrate 6.8 billion people. It seems like a lot, but the Columbia River alone could produce that amount in less than a day. By the way, the Columbia River is the U.S.’s fourth largest river. So, again, that leaves the rest of the world’s water supply open and ready to serve. So, we’re not really overpopulated. We just need to be better at managing our resources.

(Source)

Read more at http://www.omgfacts.com/Interesting/The-entire-world-population-could-fit-in/55348#OdSw07s5VMQmt1Zs.99

I'm not wired for a big city environment, so I'm glad we're spread out, myself.  :)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11284 on: July 14, 2014, 08:41:48 AM »
(He and I spar with one another but there is a deep, abiding bromance.... that no woman can tear asunder!)

If a choice came between you and a beautiful woman in her mid twenties that wears Transformers T shirts, you lose every time! In fact I forget your name faster than it takes you to read this post.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11285 on: July 14, 2014, 08:52:36 AM »

Swipe has no valid points. He is a Transformers lover. A lover of Transformers! I don't know if you get the impact of that statement...

I LOVE YOU SWIPE!

Rev. Randy.

You're on the internet. The Internet is tv, which is apparently is always wrong. Your view is framed by the internet/tv. 

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11286 on: July 14, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
LOL! You rock, Swipe! But check this sadness out:

Yes this is more internet bullshit that people believe. Yes, you could fit the entire population of 7 billion people in Australia, or Texas, or Siberia, but in three days more than half of them would die of dehydration, (or in the case of Siberia, frost-bite).

We are talking about "arable" land. Land that can sustain life.... and that is 33% of the planet. Most of that is being taken up by cattle and pigs and tomatoes, and cabbages, etc. and slushing the waste of that farming into the only remaining viable breeding room for humans. Sorry, but we are all toast.

Now, I understand that folks with kids want to remain hopeful. I never had any, never saw the point. But, I get the need for "optimism" even as I don't see it.

There is that old joke about the pessimist and the optimist. The pessimist says, "Oh lord, things couldn't possibly get any worse!"

The optimist says, "Sure they could!"

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11287 on: July 14, 2014, 09:04:02 AM »
QV, sweety, I'

I LOVE YOU SWIPE!

Rev. Randy.

You're on the internet. The Internet is tv, which is apparently is always wrong. Your view is framed by the internet/tv. 

QV, sweatheart, I am fifty, my views were shaped by books and colleges and long life, long, LONG before the internet was heard of. And this here, on RIfftrax, is my only internet presence. I have no facebook, no twitter, no webpages... I despise cellphones. I loved MST3K and following it led me here. I found some great people here to talk to, although, I find even here, as in my Wiccan Coven, my ideas and philosophies are despised.

Most Wiccans are hippies, and I hate hippies. I had a heated argument with the High Priestess of my Covendom in 1985... I won't go into it here.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11288 on: July 14, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »
Being a technophobe doesn't make an opinion more valid.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11289 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:27 AM »
Hippies, Yippies, Yuppies, Guppies, Trolls, Transformers, Pessimists, Optimists, Techno-whatevahs..
The Internets are swarming with Shtuff 8)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11290 on: July 14, 2014, 09:20:18 AM »
I've decided that I'm moving to Sweden. When is iffy. I'm on their immigration website now. I'm going to need to go back to school here, it seems. Or not, if I choose to do software developing, which has been something I've been interested in for a while....

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11291 on: July 14, 2014, 09:22:13 AM »
I'm impressed Randy can type at all with his keyboard getting clogged by all that Goth makeup dripping off his face.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11292 on: July 14, 2014, 09:26:53 AM »
Being a technophobe doesn't make an opinion more valid.

Of course. However, as a person that watched this industry grow and saw the evil from the inside I have a valid point of view. Plus, I've followed all of the FCC rulings and congressional hearings on the internet since before many of you were born. And... well... you are fucked!

I never use Wiki, or YouTube except for fun, for real research I have a personal library that dwarfs my public library. And I constantly update my library with old books, because it is only in history and ancient knowledge that wisdom is found. CHRIST! I sound like a  villain in a Rifftrax movie....

Forget everything I said, I am old and senile!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11293 on: July 14, 2014, 09:27:43 AM »
I'm impressed Randy can type at all with his keyboard getting clogged by all that Goth makeup dripping off his face.

That was good!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11294 on: July 14, 2014, 09:32:03 AM »

That was good!
I'm picturing Alice Cooper singing 'Welcome to my Nightmare' now >:D