Author Topic: The Search for the Next Elvira is now a reality ..FOX Reality, that is...  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
Yeah, it's that time of year, so naturally, FOX Reality TV thought that they'd 'treat' all those rabid Elvira fans to a reality show featuring none other than the Misstress of the Dark herself.  The first episode aired on the 13th of this month (no real surprise there, I guess) , and just how and where do you get to see her?  Well apparently that's a real 'trick'...  You see, as I mentioned, the show is exclusively on FOX Reality TV, and they are, for the most part, if not entirely only available on Digital Cable :grr: :grr: :grr:

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
She's like the female Dick Clarke, in that she doesn't appear to age...   ;)

And what has the world come to when it sees the necessity to have a channel devoted entirely to reality shows??   :speechless:

Offline ig400

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Horror
Yeah, it's that time of year, so naturally, FOX Reality TV thought that they'd 'treat' all those rabid Elvira fans to a reality show featuring none other than the Misstress of the Dark herself.  The first episode aired on the 13th of this month (no real surprise there, I guess) , and just how and where do you get to see her?  Well apparently that's a real 'trick'...  You see, as I mentioned, the show is exclusively on FOX Reality TV, and they are, for the most part, if not entirely only available on Digital Cable :grr: :grr: :grr:

It wouldn't be the first show to revolve around cleavage :deadhorse:
Every day of my life I find the wisest and best to fix our attention on the Good and the Beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
a reality show on a FOX network devoted to reality shows about finding someone who looks exactly like someone else..... all of this just screams originality

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
a reality show on a FOX network devoted to reality shows about finding someone who looks exactly like someone else..... all of this just screams originality
Originality, smoriginality,  I'll watch just about anything that features her.  Not just for her, ah, features either....  I'm just ticked that they're keeping it on digital cable, and therefore just out of my reach.  Oh well, on the bright side, I guess that Rhino has lost interest or just plain given up on her, as it seems that our friends at The Shout Factory are going to be re-releasing her TV show at some point.  It was about the only good news that I could gather from the FOX Reality TV website.

*Keeps fingers crossed that either a forum member has digital cable & FOX Reality TV, or that someone eventually posts it on YouTube*

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
I'd like to see a celebrity deathmatch between Elvira and Boobarella. ;)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
Originality, smoriginality,  I'll watch just about anything that features her.  Not just for her, ah, features either....  I'm just ticked that they're keeping it on digital cable, and therefore just out of my reach.  Oh well, on the bright side, I guess that Rhino has lost interest or just plain given up on her, as it seems that our friends at The Shout Factory are going to be re-releasing her TV show at some point.  It was about the only good news that I could gather from the FOX Reality TV website.

*Keeps fingers crossed that either a forum member has digital cable & FOX Reality TV, or that someone eventually posts it on YouTube*

with all this huff over the internet lately, i'll pm you a link

Offline ig400

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Horror
I'd like to see a celebrity deathmatch between Elvira and Boobarella. ;)

I thought they were the same person ???
Every day of my life I find the wisest and best to fix our attention on the Good and the Beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it.

Detective Chimp

I have this great idea for a new reality show. Here's how it goes: We bring together the world's top scientists.  The object of the game is to rush to complete a time machine with the express purpose of going back in time to kill the person who invented the reality show. The best part is, if they succeed there's no reason for a prize since reality shows will cease to exist. Sure, it might cause some kind of paradox and cause the world to come to an end, but I think the risk is worth it.

Offline ig400

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Horror
I have this great idea for a new reality show. Here's how it goes: We bring together the world's top scientists.  The object of the game is to rush to complete a time machine with the express purpose of going back in time to kill the person who invented the reality show. The best part is, if they succeed there's no reason for a prize since reality shows will cease to exist. Sure, it might cause some kind of paradox and cause the world to come to an end, but I think the risk is worth it.

Wasn't there an episode of Sliders that had the same plot??

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
Re: The Search for the Next Elvira is now a reality ..FOX Reality, that is...
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »
I've been watching it. Its been a fun little show. Unfortunately, my girlfriend, the lovely Shelly Martinez was eliminated in the second round.  :'(

And I really hate those Man-viras, I just want to kick them in the teeth everytime they're on screen.
I really do like pie.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 07:11:13 PM »
So, you want to physically assault drag queens? Fucking classy.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 07:17:14 PM »
So, you want to physically assault drag queens? Fucking classy.

hey, they're dudes. If they were 2 guys being total assholes dressed as men, I would wish to cause them harm in an equal fashion.
I really do like pie.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 07:18:04 PM »
Whether it's PC, classy, or not, no one minority group starts up my fight or flight response like cross dressers. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 07:47:08 PM »
I don't know if this is what he meant, but I took from his statement that he wanted to kick their teeth in specifically because they were dressing up as Elvira and trying to get the job, not because they were generally cross-dressers. Maybe that was just my take, but I didn't see anything wrong with his statement. *shrug*
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton