login

Author Topic: Family Guy deleted scene  (Read 3166 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Family Guy deleted scene
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 04:37:54 PM »
That's what happens when you let manatees write.

Sorry, that was actually me,  Tank was logged in on my computer.  Seriously, I wonder if it was trying to be retaliatory towards for the Simpson's crew encouraging Trey and Matt to add Bart to the Cartoon Wars episode of South Park. 

Possibly, every reaction I've heard from the Family Guy team seemed to be that they enjoyed Cartoon Wars and even refer to their own more random jokes as "manatee jokes" now, and this might have been just them continuing the thread of crossover parodies.  Not sure who decided to cut this, if it was a network decision or if the creators themselves thought it was too harsh or something.  Might be worth looking into if possible.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »
Seems like it was a good idea that needed a bit more work (if only on the voices).

Offline ig400

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • The Horror
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 02:14:15 PM »
[yt=425,350]Syb0lPqxUt8[/yt]

you should have polled this one

Funny
or
Too far
Every day of my life I find the wisest and best to fix our attention on the Good and the Beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it.

Detective Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 07:13:54 PM »
They played this episode (including that deleted scene) on adult swim last night. The whole thing was decidedly unfunny.

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 07:29:42 PM »
Everybody sounded the same when they hit the ground.  It was weird.  Even Maggie sounded like a fairly decent-sized person when she hit the ground, and she had neither the girth nor the height to produce a sound like that after the fall.  I think this is probably what's annoying me the most about this clip.  (Apart from the mimics of the voices getting progressively worse as the joke carried on.)

And, yes, I do recognize that it's insanely weird to focus on the physics of a falling body instead of the main topic at hand.  Especially since we're dealing with a cartoon here, and the sound effects used in a brief joke aren't normally called into question in these sorts of things.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 07:43:16 PM »
Oh, I regularly compromise my ability to enjoy a show by nitpicking stupid, unimportant things that have no impact whatsoever on the plot itself. My wife and I both do it, and sometimes for fun try to outdo each other with how ludicrous and nonsensical our points of contention can become. ;)

Example: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, on the motorbike escape sequence. At the end, they're sitting in the bike, talking about needing to get back to Berlin and looking at the sign giving directions. Pan to next scene, them pulling into the city on the bike. My wife: "Yeah... HOW'D they get to Germany??" ;)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 07:46:17 PM »
Everybody sounded the same when they hit the ground.  It was weird.  Even Maggie sounded like a fairly decent-sized person when she hit the ground, and she had neither the girth nor the height to produce a sound like that after the fall.  I think this is probably what's annoying me the most about this clip.  (Apart from the mimics of the voices getting progressively worse as the joke carried on.)

And, yes, I do recognize that it's insanely weird to focus on the physics of a falling body instead of the main topic at hand.  Especially since we're dealing with a cartoon here, and the sound effects used in a brief joke aren't normally called into question in these sorts of things.

It could be argued that maggie shot Quagmire.....

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 07:52:23 PM »
Quote from: Ortega
It could be argued that maggie shot Quagmire...

Well, she did shoot Mr. Burns!~

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 07:53:31 PM »
Quote from: Ortega
It could be argued that maggie shot Quagmire...

Well, she did shoot Mr. Burns!~

-Rude

my point exactly...wouldn't be the first time.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 08:03:23 PM »
I get the feeling that Family Guy is sort of degenerating into an elaborate way for the writers and staff to insult and offend people who criticize them (i.e. The Simpsons writers). Episodes are pretty much "Whazzat? You hate it when we do this? Well then we're going to do it for 15 minutes straight!" anymore.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:20:55 PM by RobtheBarbärian »

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
That explains the old pedophile, anyway. :P
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 09:29:02 PM »
I love that guy...."I know what boys like; I know what guys want..."
On timeout

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »
I take it you don't have kids?

It's not funny. Not even a little bit.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »
It's funny because I laughed.  It's a cartoon.
On timeout

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 10:16:15 PM »
I love that guy...."I know what boys like; I know what guys want..."

I don't know how that was done in the show,

You DON'T wanna know...

:-X