Author Topic: Neil Patrick Harris in Animated Spider-Man  (Read 7349 times)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Neil Patrick Harris in Animated Spider-Man
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:36:13 AM »
Oddly enough Neil Patrick Harris once played the voice of Peter Parker / Spider-Man in the short lived 2003 CGI animated series. Anyway, I discovered this by accident (the Spider-Man Rifftrax put me in the mood for more spidey  :D) but after watching a couple episodes this seems like a decent series. Also the fact that Rifftrax alum NPH is involved makes this a worthy announcement for the forum.

Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (a.k.a. MTV Spider-Man) is an animated series featuring the Marvel comic book superhero Spider-Man, which ran for one season, 13 episodes, starting on July 11, 2003. The show was made using computer generated imagery (CGI) rendered in cel shading and was produced by Mainframe Entertainment for Sony Pictures Television and broadcast on MTV and YTV; it featured characters and a loose continuity from the 2002 Spider-Man movie (except Aunt May, who was seen only in photographs throughout the series). Spider-Man was voiced by Neil Patrick Harris. The complete series was released on DVD as Spider-Man: The New Animated Series: Special Edition on January 13, 2004.

Synopsis

The CGI version of Marvel's popular superhero features the voice talents of Neil Patrick Harris as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Lisa Loeb as Mary Jane, and Ian Ziering as Harry Osborn. Assuming this series fits into the movie continuity, it takes place sometime after the first, but before the second (as Norman Osborn is dead). Here, Peter has graduated from high school and is attending Empire State University (although in the films he attends Columbia University). Still burdened with the desire to use his incredible, spider bite-derived powers to do good, he finds it hard balancing his responsibilities of being a superhero with schoolwork and his romance with Mary Jane Watson. Almost in all of this series, Harry craves for revenge on Spider-Man. But in the When Sparks Fly episode, Harry intends to help Spider-Man trap Electro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_The_New_Animated_Series

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Neil Patrick Harris in Animated Spider-Man
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 03:05:31 PM »
Yeah, I liked these episodes too.  NPH does a pretty good job. 

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »
That's hands down my favorite Spider-Man series, even with a handful of "what were they thinking" episodes. A shame it didn't go beyond one season.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:57:35 PM »
I thought the 90s Fox series was better but I enjoyed this one alot too.  Yeah, to bad they ended on a cliffhanger too.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.