login

Author Topic: New RAMONES DVD = must have...  (Read 1449 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 767
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
New RAMONES DVD = must have...
« on: October 02, 2007, 11:37:24 PM »
Just came out today:

2 DVDs with almost 4 hours of live footage from 74-96. If you ever saw the great End Of the Century documentary then you saw just how much footage is out there and has never seen the light of day. Lots of pro shot stuff as well as amateur. All band members are shown.  It is a must buy.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Shelly_Marsh

Re: New RAMONES DVD = must have...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 06:23:52 PM »
What do they want? I don't know.... i'm all revved up and ready to go.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 09:18:27 PM »

Awesome DVD. Although i have to say, that i've seen the Ramones live a few times and they always sounded exactly the same. They never talked to the crowd in between songs, and they played pretty much the same stuff both times. Not saying that's good or bad either way... it's just the Ramones. But after watching some of this DVD it seems like that's how they've been ever since day one.

1, 2, 3, 4 - Song - 1, 2, 3, 4 - Song - 1, 2, 3, 4 - Song - Goodnight.

Anyway, i love the Ramones and this is a great DVD. There's a ton of great stuff on here... a ton!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Shelly_Marsh

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 09:44:15 PM »
I wonder if their appearance on the simpsons is on this dvd? You know, the part where they play at mister burns b-day party and go "Go to hell you old bastid!" and then Mister Burns says "Have the rolling stones killed!" and Smithers says "But sir, those are the--""DO AS I SAY!"

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 767
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »
They always played that way. I loved it. Just non-stop music. I really hate bands that spend a lot of time talking or worse preaching let your music tell me your opinions and philosophies. What little stage patter they did have was exactly the same. Once Brain Drain came out the 8 different clubs I saw them at Joey had to tell us that it was built on a Pet Cemetery!

The Dwarves are like that too. 30 minutes and they play like 25 songs. The only thing I have ever heard Blag say between songs was "Yeah" and "Fuck Yeah!"
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 07:25:09 AM »
It is a must buy.

If you like that sort of crap.  ;)