Author Topic: riffttrax members on the ps3  (Read 76096 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1525
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: riffttrax members on the ps3
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
Jak and Daxter collection in HD!  :highfive:
:highfive:

Now, Ratchet & Clank please.

I think it's a safe bet we'll see that.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »
Nice.  More HD remakes.  I need more old, single player games keeping me away from friends and well-wishers I haven't talked to in ages.

I wanted to start the New Year on good footing in the gaming department, but I've been so burnt out lately with work and other things that hopping on and doing the ol' multiplayer would probably mean not much fun for anyone else, because all I'd probably do is grunt, nod, and talk about how I need to Platinum Wolfenstein one of these days.

I think after this weekend I'll be in much higher spirits.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

spaceforarent

« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »
Well, I bought one of those fancy PS3 TVs. The 3d one that lets you play splitscreen on the full screen. Apparently there is no remote control for it?

Russell

« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2012, 04:16:17 AM »
I'm getting rid of my PS3. Not happy about it, but having too much glitchy shit happening. Sorry :(

spaceforarent

« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2012, 06:18:12 AM »
I'm getting rid of my PS3. Not happy about it, but having too much glitchy shit happening. Sorry :(
Interested in selling any games/accessories to some fellow forum members?

Or even the system itself?

Russell

« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »
Interested in selling any games/accessories to some fellow forum members?
Or even the system itself?
I've decided to keep it. Doesn't look like anyone's interested anyway. I got Tom Clancy's Hawx really cheap and damn... it is taking forever for the data to install. I love some of the features of Next gen gaming platforms, but god dammit at least on the NES you didn't need to wait up to half an hour to play a game while the data is installed. Oh man, Metal Gear Solid 4 was a damn nightmare too when it came to game data.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:37:27 PM by Gunflyer »

Offline SJP

• Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #351 on: January 25, 2012, 01:07:26 PM »
If you think that's bad, I remember hearing somewhere that Hideo Kojima would never release MGS4 for the 360.  Not because he hates the platform, but because the data pretty much fills up the Blu-ray disc as it is.  It'd reportedly take 6 DVDs to hold the game, and that's way more disc swapping than anyone has patience for.  At least, in this day and age.  I remember playing Space Quest 4 on my Amiga 500 from beginning to end with no hard drive and no second disk drive.  It took 3 minutes to swap disks in and out every time I walked to a new screen.  Needless to say, I was very happy when Sierra, being the class acts they were in the early '90s, sent me the walkthrough for the game for free when I wrote to them, and I only had to enter a handful of screens more than once.

Of course, now disc swapping can actually be useful, like getting the free checkpoint in the 360's Dead Space 2 Hardcore mode, but hey, I'd say that's a small blessing in a sea of annoyances.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:12:06 PM by SJP »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #352 on: January 25, 2012, 03:54:08 PM »
Don't download DC Universe Online if you hate load times.  It's got something like 18 GB to install AFTER the initial game install that you download from the store.  And it's an in-game download so you sit and stare at the same picture on the screen the entire time.  (I've been having it run the download for an hour or so here and there if I'm doing something else.)

spaceforarent

« Reply #353 on: January 25, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »
I've tried out 3d on two different games now, Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3.

Uncharted looks absolutely gorgeous, as it should. I played through part of the boat chapter and actually just stood there looking around at all the detail for awhile. When I actually played I found that really being able to see bullet trails makes finding far off enemies much easier to spot. I did have a problem with ledges though, as in every time I turned around I seemed to be falling down and grabbing onto them.

Resistance on the other hand, didn't look that great. Maybe I'm a bit too tired but everything seemed blurry and not lined up. The crosshair was really hard to see so I had no idea what I was aiming at. I'll give it a try again later in hopes that it gets better.

Currently downloading Shadow of the Colossus from the PSN, despite not really liking the game (the bosses were fun, but WAY too much nothing in-between). It's a 6gb download, so I'll be trying that 3d out in...a week?

Russell

« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
If you think that's bad, I remember hearing somewhere that Hideo Kojima would never release MGS4 for the 360.  Not because he hates the platform, but because the data pretty much fills up the Blu-ray disc as it is.  It'd reportedly take 6 DVDs to hold the game, and that's way more disc swapping than anyone has patience for.
Damn! Still though, swapping discs would be faster than the 10-15 minutes it takes for another chapter to start.  :)

I have been having a strange problem with my PS3 where during cutscenes on three different games I couldn't hear the characters talking at all except VERY faintly in the background. I did a little trouble-shooting and found out it was the HDMI cable... annoying, but it's still better than the system being defective. i bought a cheaper HDMI cable... and actually it seems to be working great. Hell, it was even gold-plated.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:36:45 PM by Gunflyer »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #355 on: April 05, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »
Amazon video is now available on PS3!

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #356 on: April 09, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »
Finally got Ratchet and Clank All 4 One the other day for only $20 at Target. From what I've heard that's about the right price for it. Not that it's a bad game, just short and clearly meant to be played with other people. Can't wait for the HD collection to come out.

Also I bought a second PS3.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:17:35 PM by Space version 2.0 »

Offline SJP

• Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #357 on: April 09, 2012, 08:03:09 PM »
A second one?  Planning to make some sort of SLI thing with your Playstations to create some sort of mega system?  ;)

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #358 on: April 10, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »
A second one?  Planning to make some sort of SLI thing with your Playstations to create some sort of mega system?  ;)

Never you mind what my plans are! Now where's the shifty eyed emoticon?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2012, 11:57:58 AM »
Pantload of free games for PSN+ members.  Just downloaded InFamous 2, LBP 2, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One and traded in my games on Goozex for a crap-ton of points.