Author Topic: Mafia --Game Three (Finished!)  (Read 31490 times)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
Re: Mafia --Game Three (Started!)
« Reply #405 on: October 15, 2007, 03:11:22 PM »
You're just damn lucky that the Nazis killed me in Round 1, pyro. As you know, I've had you pinned since pretty much the beginning, and was seriously considering whacking you in Round 1 without even waiting for anything from my informant. If it wasn't for the Nazis, you probably wouldn't have even gotten to play. ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 03:20:50 PM by ChaosFromOrder »
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #406 on: October 15, 2007, 03:19:55 PM »
Haha well aware....  Not sure how no one else seemed to notice though

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #407 on: October 15, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »
Steve-O: fuck you for killing me

For the record, I killed you because you tried to vote again immediately after the citizen kill.  I figured that no Kali would make that mistake, since they would be focused on planning their hit.  I considered the possibility that you had done it on purpose to throw off suspicion, but I decided that was a little too reckless a move when there were still Nazis floating around.  It never really occurred to me that you might just not be paying attention.

I felt kind of bad about it at the time.  Now, not so much.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #408 on: October 16, 2007, 12:12:10 AM »
so what was Jasimon1's reason for killing YoohooRiffer, right after 2/3 of his guesses (and ultimately 3/3) had been shown to be correct?

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #409 on: October 16, 2007, 12:52:07 AM »
If I recall, she walked into the chatroom while the game was being spoken of, and Yoohoo said a handful of things about the game that made her nervous.  I think that was how she explained it away, anyway.  Too lazy to check.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #410 on: October 16, 2007, 04:52:21 AM »
Fundermentally it was due to impatience. I couldn't give her a tip that round because I'd made my one incorrect guess (Dim). The next guess was right on the money, but that lead to my death ::). It's a shame because my next guess was going to be Pyro and then Steve.

Here's a thing, how would it be if say a informant and a vigilante were hit but they were two halves of the two parings so that there was a vigilante and an informant missing their partner, that the gamesmaster could reconnect the missing halves?

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2007, 06:10:27 AM »
nope... the whole point of the informant/vigilante is that it is a one-time match. Again, it would be far too powerful for the citizens if they could all communicate with each other, or if they could be reconnected if one of their counterparts is killed.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »
Just wanted to say a blanket thanks to those of you who have congratulated me, and to all of the rest of you who made this game such a sleep-depriving challenge.  I especially want to give a shout out to dignan and Dim.  You both played your butts off, with intelligence and guts.  I would have been happy to see either of you win.

I also wanted to mention to Chris that I've now got a tight enough grasp on the rules that I'd be willing to GM a game, if he'd like to be able to actually participate in one.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »
Are you kidding? I'd be killed in the first round every single game. I'm tainted goods, brutha.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #414 on: October 16, 2007, 12:08:14 PM »
Well as Rhodes illustrated, northing's stopping you having another id.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #415 on: October 16, 2007, 12:10:58 PM »
Are you kidding? I'd be killed in the first round every single game. I'm tainted goods, brutha.

Damned right, you would.  And I think we'd all like to see that.  :)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #416 on: October 16, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »
Just wanted to say a blanket thanks to those of you who have congratulated me, and to all of the rest of you who made this game such a sleep-depriving challenge.  I especially want to give a shout out to dignan and Dim.  You both played your butts off, with intelligence and guts.  I would have been happy to see either of you win.

I also wanted to mention to Chris that I've now got a tight enough grasp on the rules that I'd be willing to GM a game, if he'd like to be able to actually participate in one.

Thanks, man.  Likewise, you played brilliantly, Steve-O.  You definitely deserved the win. 

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #417 on: October 16, 2007, 06:58:23 PM »
Just wanted to say a blanket thanks to those of you who have congratulated me, and to all of the rest of you who made this game such a sleep-depriving challenge.  I especially want to give a shout out to dignan and Dim.  You both played your butts off, with intelligence and guts.

Me?  Intelligence?  Surely, you jest!   ;D

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #418 on: October 16, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
I never jest. And don't call me Shirley. ;)

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #419 on: October 17, 2007, 03:39:59 PM »
I'm actually jonesing for the next game to start.  I think I may have a problem.