Author Topic: Mafia --Game Three (Finished!)  (Read 31397 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Mafia --Game Three (Started!)
« Reply #390 on: October 15, 2007, 12:30:35 PM »
But they wouldn't know the doctor. The informants could be brought back to the consternation of the mafia and recomense their work of rooting them out.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »
Dim, you're my new very bestest friend.

One vote for dignan, please.

So, Steve-O, at this point did you realize you were Sig Heiling all the way to the bank?

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #392 on: October 15, 2007, 12:33:27 PM »
But they wouldn't know the doctor. The informants could be brought back to the consternation of the mafia and recomense their work of rooting them out.
I don't think resurrected informants would live long enough to get any information at all.  They would just be taken out again and again.  The protect rule doesn't let anyone know the persons role thus leaving protected informant's identity a secret,  (provided of course that their vigilante doesn't out them anyway.)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #393 on: October 15, 2007, 12:35:35 PM »
I don't think resurrected informants would live long enough to get any information at all.  They would just be taken out again and again.  The protect rule doesn't let anyone know the persons role thus leaving protected informant's identity a secret,  (provided of course that their vigilante doesn't out them anyway.)

Well that all depends on how you time the various "rounds" doesn't it? The mafia can keep wasting their hits while the informants keep getting a guess at at another member of the mafia.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #394 on: October 15, 2007, 12:40:26 PM »
It's already too hard for the mafia to win the odds game on this forum for some reason (even though statistically the mafia has about a 55% to 45% advantage over the citizens, it doesn't play out that way here)... giving the citizens even more advantages would just make it next to impossible. The game is SUPPOSED to favor the mafia, by a small margin anyway. The citizens are the underdogs because they are in the dark, and generally speaking don't work together very well, due to the mob mentality effect.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #395 on: October 15, 2007, 12:41:07 PM »
So, Steve-O, at this point did you realize you were Sig Heiling all the way to the bank?

Oh, yes.  I'm glad nobody was around to witness my little victory dance.  It was... most undignified.

Mostly I was just relieved that this game was finally over.  Being a lone target, hiding in plain sight from a bunch of people who want you dead, is more stressful than I could have imagined.

If ChaosFromOrder's lifespan in these games is any indication, you will not be able to survive the first round of gameplay pretty much from now on. ;)

And, alas, there go my chances of ever making it into a Championsip game.  It was totally worth it, though.  :)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #396 on: October 15, 2007, 12:43:36 PM »
BTW, Steve-O, you made a comment earlier about the chart you use to play the game, because you're such a nerd? You should see mine. I wrote an Excel program to keep track of everything. It can actually be used to play the game as a player, or run the game as the moderator. It takes care of pretty much everything - even automatically tabulates tiebreaker votes as you go, shows the voting history for all players visually, and figures out who is currently slated to die based on the current round's votes (taking the tiebreakers into account). I've... got a problem. :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #397 on: October 15, 2007, 12:52:08 PM »
I've... got a problem. :)

Dork!  :)

I just do mine manually, but this is only the third game I've played.  Give me time.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #398 on: October 15, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »
BTW, Steve-O, you made a comment earlier about the chart you use to play the game, because you're such a nerd? You should see mine. I wrote an Excel program to keep track of everything. It can actually be used to play the game as a player, or run the game as the moderator. It takes care of pretty much everything - even automatically tabulates tiebreaker votes as you go, shows the voting history for all players visually, and figures out who is currently slated to die based on the current round's votes (taking the tiebreakers into account). I've... got a problem. :)

Ooh send me a copy, I use Excel for everything (I plan my gym visits with it, tracks my bloodpressure too).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:00:58 PM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #399 on: October 15, 2007, 01:03:40 PM »
Congrats Steve-O... very masterfully played!

I'd applaud your victory, but thanks to your bomb blast my hands are lying many yards apart from each other.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #400 on: October 15, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »
Good game everyone and congrats to the winners.  I think it would be nice to keep the bomb and doctor in the game, but if we all decide to just leave them out that is fine with me as well. I just have a lot of fun playing it any way that you decide since a bunch of you have more experience with this than i do. 

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2007, 01:22:35 PM »
Everyone, please post and let me know if you have any feedback about the Doctor and Bomb positions. Do you think we should keep them? Do you think we should change them out for something else?

I really like the Doctor and Bomb positions.  It spices the game up a bit.  I'd like to see more mafia games with these expanded roles.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2007, 02:16:49 PM »
Yay, Steve-O!  You kicked butt, man!  Mostly, mine.  (shakes fist)  But that won't stop me from making that friendship bracelet that I promised you!  Would you prefer flames up and down yours, or do you think a bunch of swastikas would be more suitable, considering your role?   ;)

And if anybody is still wondering, no, I did not make a deal with the Mafia.  I'm an honest person, but I'm easily persuaded.  The evidence Steve-O had presented in the final round seemed solid, and I happened to miss every single one of dignan's pop culture references that should have otherwise made his role in this game loud and clear.  Plus, this wasn't a qualifying game, so what did I have to gain from a stalemate with Steve-O?

(Besides, if it was a qualifying game, I would have insisted that they pull my name out of the lineup, since I was a grade-A bonehead throughout the proceedings.)

The Bomb was a pretty interesting aspect of this game, I will admit.  It was rather spiffy, and quite convenient that the Kali never got to use theirs.  The Doctor I'm somewhat iffy about, but it has worked in this game at least once, and trying to figure out who the Doctor was made an exciting final round... even though my reasoning blew up in my face.

All in all, I'm sorry, Citizens.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »
The only problem I see with a restorative doctor is that everybody would know the game role (i.e. vigilante, citizen, informant) of the person being ressurected. In every version of Mafia I have ever personally played in which a doctor-type character exists, it has always been a preventative as opposed to a restorative role, for just that reason.

Much agreed.  That would take the fun out I think.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2007, 03:02:57 PM »
Steve-O: fuck you for killing me

Chris: I love the bomb idea

Steve-O:  fuck you for killing me just before I was going to use the bomb