login

Author Topic: Mafia --Game Three (Finished!)  (Read 31493 times)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
Re: Mafia --Game Three (Started!)
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2007, 05:16:14 AM »
Thanks, Steve-O, I figured you'd say something like that, which makes me absolutely certain I'm right in voting for you.  I AM the Doctor, and I've been leaving slightly more subtle hints about it than you have.  Let's look back at some of my posts in this game, shall we? 

When I voted for YoohooRiffer, I referenced Doctor Who by saying, "fantastic" in quotes, which, as I'm sure many of us are aware, was Christopher Eccleston's catchphrase as The Doctor. 

After Pak-Man was killed, I posted again saying "Great Scott," which was Doc Brown's signature line from Back To The Future.

When Stacey first voted for me, she said that my story about yard sales sounded fishy, to which I called her Sherlock Holmes, referencing myself to be Doctor Watson.

In my first long analytical post, I referenced examinations and a whiteboard, which was a reference to Doctor Gregory House.

Then I even MENTIONED House when I was wrong.

Not to mention if I had been a Nazi, it would have been EXCEEDINGLY stupid of me to be the very first person after Yoohoo mentioned him to vote for Tank, which I was.

So, good show, Steve-O.  You speak English well, you Nazi bastard.

Dr. Jones

« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2007, 08:06:32 AM »
The doctor... is out.

dignan (doctor) has been killed by the Citizens.

Mafia round begins now. You have 24 hours to send in your hit. The mafia round will end at 08:00 AM tomorrow forum time (11:00 AM eastern time) if I have not received your hit by then (in which case your hit is forfeit).

jasimon1

« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2007, 08:35:20 AM »
So what was the point of you guys voting for the doctor?

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2007, 09:18:33 AM »
The Nazi was very convincing.

Dr. Jones

« Reply #379 on: October 15, 2007, 11:38:11 AM »
jasimon1 (vigilante) has been killed by the Nazis.

This game is now over. The winners for Mafia #3 are Steve-O (Nazi) and Dim of the Yard (Citizen).

Congratulations, winners! Your names will be entered in the records thread as the winners, but you will not be entered as qualifiers for the Mafia Championship game, since this was not a qualifying game.

Also, please stay tuned to this thread. I will be posting some awards shortly.

jasimon1

« Reply #380 on: October 15, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »
The Nazi was very convincing.

Or perhaps you made a deal with the Mafia to win.

Dr. Jones

« Reply #381 on: October 15, 2007, 11:53:26 AM »
The Blind Luck Award has been awarded to the Nazi team (Pak-Man, Steve-O, and tank2134) for eliminating a vigilante (ChaosFromOrder) in the first round.

The Craftiness Award has been awarded to Steve-O, for a masterful performance in this game. The other 5 mafia members were eliminated from the game by the citizen vote of Round 4, leaving you outnumbered 9 to 1 at the start of Round 5. Despite these nearly insurmountable odds, you went on to achieve a (partial) victory for the Mafia team - the first Mafia victory so far on these forums. You worked so hard to fool everyone, that you even managed to go until the very last vote of Round 6 before receiving a vote - the only living player in the game who had not received a vote up until that point. Truly an impressive set of accomplishments. If ChaosFromOrder's lifespan in these games is any indication, you will not be able to survive the first round of gameplay pretty much from now on. ;)

The Bonehead Award has been awarded to jasimon1, for pretty much single-handedly dooming the citizens. You acted on impulse without waiting for information from your informant, killing a citizen who had already successfully uncovered two mafia members. You then outed yourself, in the process dooming the only player left who could figure out for sure who the remaining mafia member was: your informant. This is the cardinal sin of a vigilante. Considering how low a profile TripeHoundRedux had been keeping up until you bungled Round 4, chances are pretty low that he would have been killed by a mafia hit before he discovered Steve-O's identify if not for you exposing him.

All in all, this was a pretty interesting game. Congratulations again to our two winners.

Everyone, please post and let me know if you have any feedback about the Doctor and Bomb positions. Do you think we should keep them? Do you think we should change them out for something else?

YoohooRiffer

« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »
The Bonehead Award has been awarded to jasimon1, for pretty much single-handedly dooming the citizens. You acted on impulse without waiting for information from your informant, killing a citizen who had already successfully uncovered two mafia members. You then outed yourself, in the process dooming the only player left who could figure out for sure who the remaining mafia member was: your informant. This is the cardinal sin of a vigilante. Considering how low a profile TripeHoundRedux had been keeping up until you bungled Round 4, chances are pretty low that he would have been killed by a mafia hit before he discovered Steve-O's identify if not for you exposing him.

...and I suddenly remember why I love Sean Connery  ;D

Nevertheless Congrats Steve-O.  You sneaky little Gary Coleman, you.  I especially liked the whole "they don't make a Nazi outfit in my size" routine.  Now we know that Nazis come in all shapes and sizes.  Whether it be Gary Coleman, a classic arcade game, or a giant metal tank.  Good game everyone.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #383 on: October 15, 2007, 12:07:33 PM »
Yes well done Steve.  :clap: :clap:

I thought you were the one and by the last round I knew you were since Dim was the only one I'd inccorrectly inquired of the gamesmaster about.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3781
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #384 on: October 15, 2007, 12:08:45 PM »
Nevertheless Congrats Steve-O.  You sneaky little Gary Coleman, you.  I especially liked the whole "they don't make a Nazi outfit in my size" routine.  Now we know that Nazis come in all shapes and sizes.  Whether it be Gary Coleman, a classic arcade game, or a giant metal tank.  Good game everyone.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
Achtung Amerikaners!  Achtung Amerikaners!

Ze Glorious Third Reich and your own Dim of der Yard haff reached eine agreement.

Seeking an end to ze hostilities that haff needlessly claimed so many (of your) lives, ve agreed to meet for discussion on neutral ground in Morocco, in a gin joint known as Rick's Cantina.  Ve had agreed to come unarmed, so of course, both of us brought pistols.

Seated at a small table in a smoky corner, it took only seconds before both of us had drawn our weapons; hers above ze table, undt mine below.  I vas fully prepared to shoot first, zen doktor any photographic evidence to make it appear as if Dim shot first.  But before I had ze chance, I looked down to discover that both of our guns had turned into walkie talkies.

So. Ve vere forced to declare a stalemate, and there shall be no more killing.  For now.

As a token of The Reich's sincerity, ve shall send you half of your precious Doktor Jones.  Additionally, ve haff agreed that when Mein Fuhrer's little black master race swarms over your country like so many wisecracking bees, DIm's knees shall only be gently nibbled at, instead of bitten hard, as is our custom.

-- Hauptmann Lutz

(Undt really, ze surname should haff been a dead giveaway.)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »
Everyone, please post and let me know if you have any feedback about the Doctor and Bomb positions. Do you think we should keep them? Do you think we should change them out for something else?

I guess I'm not the person to give feedback on this one way  or the other since I haven't played normal rules yet.  I had a lot of fun pre and post mortum.  I enjoyed playing and would like to have an opportunity to qualify for the championship at some point, but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to the variances in rules either.  I'm game for whatever.

PS.  Sharing a computer with Tank really sucked for trying to play the game.  I haven't done this much logging in and out since my computer lost the ability to store cookies.  And I didn't intercept any Nazi communiques either. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2007, 12:17:36 PM »
OK here's what I sent Dr Jones per in a pm (or words to that effect because I didn't keep a copy):

I like the Doctor role but I think it might be more useful if it performed a restorative rather than protective function. That way in this game either Amandagirl or I could have been resurrected after our hits.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2007, 12:25:28 PM »
OK here's what I sent Dr Jones per in a pm (or words to that effect because I didn't keep a copy):

I like the Doctor role but I think it might be more useful if it performed a restorative rather than protective function. That way in this game either Amandagirl or I could have been resurrected after our hits.

That's not the doctor, that's the holy grail.  And I doubt that we'll be playing Indiana Jones again.  If you want the doctor to be able to do that it should only be able to be used once.  Or else the game will never end. 

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2007, 12:27:46 PM »
The only problem I see with a restorative doctor is that everybody would know the game role (i.e. vigilante, citizen, informant) of the person being ressurected. In every version of Mafia I have ever personally played in which a doctor-type character exists, it has always been a preventative as opposed to a restorative role, for just that reason.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton