Author Topic: Plays by Bill Corbett  (Read 10888 times)

Offline immcdonal

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Plays by Bill Corbett
« on: October 01, 2007, 01:39:26 AM »
Has anyone else read the plays of Bill Corbett? So far I've read Hate Mail and The Big Slam. Both were hysterical, poignant, and beautifully written. If anyone knows where I could find some more of his plays, please let me know.

-Ian

immcdonal@gmail.com

veltronix

deleted
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:07:46 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:03:33 PM by velcronix »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked:
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Plays by Bill Corbett
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 08:03:44 AM »
Are they published? By which I mean are they published in a book that I can buy from a bookstore or borrow from a library.

Offline immcdonal

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 05:09:01 PM »
You can buy The Big Slam on Amazon.com but the other you need to get through a website called playscripts.com

Both are really fun reads. Hate Mail in particular. It's just letters exchanged between one man and one woman. Mike Nelson actually starred in the premier of it. My favorite line from that show (and a line i would kill to hear mike say aloud) is:

"Give me back my jeep, you god damn thieving slut!"

I bought two copies and read the parts with my girlfriend. Much more fun than just another night at the movies.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 03:01:07 PM »
That actually sounds like a fun night with the misses.   :D
On timeout

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 07:54:31 PM »
You can buy The Big Slam on Amazon.com but the other you need to get through a website called playscripts.com

Both are really fun reads. Hate Mail in particular. It's just letters exchanged between one man and one woman. Mike Nelson actually starred in the premier of it. My favorite line from that show (and a line i would kill to hear mike say aloud) is:

"Give me back my jeep, you god damn thieving slut!"

I bought two copies and read the parts with my girlfriend. Much more fun than just another night at the movies.

I wonder if they're still trying to spoof Love Letters, like they did in that one MST3K skit?  ;D I wonder if Bridget co-starred in it with Mike. I'd pay thousands to see that!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Mrs. C

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »
I think Mo Collins (of MAD TV) played opposite Mike.  Bill did the part, too, as well as some other Minneapolis actors.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »
I just read the 55 pages on playscripts.com - that was hilarious! Must read more!

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 07:09:59 PM »
I also read the 55 pages.

Simply hilarious. Bill is the best.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 07:31:39 PM »
http://www.playscripts.com/plays/hatemail.pdf

For those of us who are too lazy to actually search for the link....

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »
I am getting the whole thing this week (hopefully signed by Mr. Corbett). Can't wait to see how it ends!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 12:16:28 AM »
I read to page 31, and it is hilarious.  It reminds me how much I miss being able to see actual plays every week.
On timeout

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
So, how does one go about getting a complete copy of Hate Mail? I thought I would just read a few pages for a minute but then I couldn't stop.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline Rabbi Hi-Keeba

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 02:54:28 AM »
Hate Mail may be one of the smartest things I have ever read (okay, mostly-read. I'm going to have to order the rest of it, because I need to see what happens. Not want to. Need to.). It is SO absolutely right about 99.9repeating percent of the female artists in NYC... "May I suggest...Marxism." and 'Don't take your medication, it's your life of unexamined privilege that's getting you down" are basically what passes for "deep advice" in that particular ideological corner of the city. And Dahlias actually exist. Like, hundreds, if not thousands of them. Waiting for their own, personal, amoral sugar daddies to tell them how special they are and what geniuses they are artistically and so on, and whisk them away to... Well, everything in the play. Bill Corbett and Kira Obolensky are geniuses. Real ones. It would be a major artistic felony if they stopped writing plays.