login

Author Topic: The Film Crew DVDs + The Matrix Rifftrax  (Read 2066 times)

Offline WaffleTron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
The Film Crew DVDs + The Matrix Rifftrax
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »
Hey all.  Rather than make 2 back-to-back posts, I thought I'd just make this one a twofer.

First of all, our favorite trio have FINALLY revealed their latest project.  The Film Crew is here to fill the MST void in a way even Rifftrax hasn't so far.  This is Mike, Bill, and Kevin riffing on a movie again for the first time since Diabolik.  Whats the difference between The Film Crew and Rifftrax?  Well, for starters, the new Film Crew projects are being released on DVDs as commentaries- no downloading MP3s and synching up involved.  Secondly, unlike Rifftrax, TFC seem to be focusing on B-movies ala MST3K.

I'll gladly link you to The Film Crews website: http://www.filmcrewonline.com/

The movies they're going to do consist of the following- Giant of Marathon, Hollywood After Dark, Killers From Space, and The Wild Women of Wongo.

At the site, you can actually preview 4 of the movies (WITH RIFFING) that they're eventually going to release.  You vote for whichever one you'd like to see released first, and that's due out April 2007.   Not to take anything away from our beloved Rifftrax, but this in my opinion, is the true followup to MST3K.  Quicker riffing, all 3 riffers at once, and B-movies.  What more could anyone ask for?

Now then, my second topic.  The next Rifftrax as we all know is going to be The Matrix.  I'm just wondering if there's any word on if it's just going to be Mike, or if he'll be joined by a guest.  I know I'm not alone when thinking if there's any movie that calls for Mike, Kevin, and Bill (and Disembaudio) at once, this is it.  Maybe I'm getting greedy.

-Andrew

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: The Film Crew DVDs + The Matrix Rifftrax
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:11:16 AM »
Part 1 is already being discussed over on the announcements board. Part 2 is revealed in the poster on the announcement. Kevin Murphy's on board for Matrix. :^)

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
Re: The Film Crew DVDs + The Matrix Rifftrax
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 11:42:15 AM »
First of all, our favorite trio have FINALLY revealed their latest project.

Welcome to Monday, October 16th 2006! ;)