login

Author Topic: MXC in new time slot...  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
MXC in new time slot...
« on: September 27, 2007, 04:34:44 PM »
Yeah, for some reason they keep shifting it around, I guess to fill any programming 'holes'....

Anyway,  Here's the most recent appearances:

Fri. Sept 28th:  @ Midnight

Fri. Oct 5th:  @ 11:30pm, Midnight, & 12:30am

Fri. Oct 12th: @ Midnight & 12:30am

Enjoy!

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
Re: MXC in new time slot...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 10:09:47 PM »
I tend to forget shows like that actually have time slots.... it's just one of those things that I'll randomly stop on at I'm now assuming midnight

Kzinistzerg

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 12:50:19 PM »
Midnight, for MXC? A shame.

Offline Katie

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:00:37 PM »
Yeah I basically watch it if I see that it's on. I will always remember one episode, where they wore costumes the whole time, and this one dude was a todem pole, and he tried to do the stone jumping thing, and totally flapped his todem pole wing arms like a madmad before smacking is face into the ground, and probably drowning to death. that show is priceless.
"I don't know if you've noticed, but we suck." "10-4"

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 06:42:23 AM »
Thanks for posting the new time, I watched it last night.  I realised what I loved and hated about the show.  I really think the action and stupid comments are hilarious, but after a while the inane sex jokes get really REALLY lame and boring.  Those "vote for the sexiest bar tenders" bumpers really piss me off too.  Gah.
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 04:44:56 PM »
Thanks for posting the new time, I watched it last night.  I realised what I loved and hated about the show.  I really think the action and stupid comments are hilarious, but after a while the inane sex jokes get really REALLY lame and boring.  Those "vote for the sexiest bar tenders" bumpers really piss me off too.  Gah.
Also keep in mind , that when Takeshi's Castle originally ran in the 80's, the contestants were vying for a chance at the top prize of 1 million yen! 

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »
Also keep in mind , that when Takeshi's Castle originally ran in the 80's, the contestants were vying for a chance at the top prize of 1 million yen! 

That's like $50!  ;)

I did rent the Season 1 DVD and watch the original Takeshi's Castle episode and it was pretty awesome.  Much much longer than the edited MXC episode.
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
Hasn't it been on at Midnight now for the last eight months to a year now?   Stuck with these stupid "30 Seconds of a Hot Chick" videos....

I'm collection the DVD seasons.  No SpikeTV visual crap to deal with.

Yeah I basically watch it if I see that it's on. I will always remember one episode, where they wore costumes the whole time, and this one dude was a todem pole, and he tried to do the stone jumping thing, and totally flapped his todem pole wing arms like a madmad before smacking is face into the ground, and probably drowning to death. that show is priceless.

Speaking of that show, it was part of Season Two...but because of the rights issues involved with a lot of the costumes the players were wearing they had to edit that episode.  They did it kind of painlessly.  The audio is still intact but the screen goes black and says something like "Edited!" or whatever.

You can still see it intact on YouTube though.