Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1538643 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #14580 on: November 12, 2014, 04:12:25 AM »
Saw Big Hero 6 yesterday, and it was great. If there were time I would have loved to see more from the rest of the team, but I understand the focus on Hiro and Baymax. Hopefully we can get some more character exploration in sequels or a spinoff series. I enjoyed the fact that for a kids movie they didn't shy away from intense action a few very dark moments.

T.J. Miller needs to get a lot more voice work, he was awesome.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Soguru

« Reply #14581 on: November 12, 2014, 05:59:35 PM »
I just can't get into the movies meant for kids anymore. It's not that I don't like them or anything, it's just that every time I go to the movies, little kids are talking out loud or running around during the movie they should be sitting down and enjoying!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #14582 on: November 12, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »
Catch the last showing. Costs a few bucks more, but MOST kids will be in bed.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #14583 on: November 13, 2014, 04:12:55 AM »
We actually caught it at 4:40, and the theater was mostly empty.  Maybe because it was a Tuesday, maybe kids were still home eating dinner.  I think there were three other groups in there with between two and four children each.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #14584 on: November 13, 2014, 04:26:32 AM »
T.J. Miller needs to get a lot more voice work, he was awesome.

Voice work YEEEEAAAH!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 361
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #14585 on: November 13, 2014, 10:45:28 AM »
I saw The One I Love. It's a microbudget, minimalist movie with a Twilight Zone twist. That's the reason why I watched it, and it definitely delivered. All I knew was that it's a couple that goes to a guest house to work out their marital problems. If you like the Twilight Zone and indie movies, then definitely recommended.

Then I saw Assault on Precinct 13 (1976). Another super small budget movie with a talented director. It's like The Warriors meets Night of the Living Dead. Apparently, it's almost identical to Rio Bravo, except it takes place in a modern day city. I've never seen Rio Bravo. "The Anderson Alamo" is a much better title. The studio changed it after it was made. Funnily enough, there's no precinct 13 in the movie. It's District 13, Precinct 9. Haha.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14586 on: November 13, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »
Damn, to late to get in another Abrams Trek bash!  Oh well, I guess I will wait for the next time it gets brought up.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #14587 on: November 13, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
Damn, to late to get in another Abrams Trek bash!  Oh well, I guess I will wait for the next time it gets brought up.

See you in twenty minutes.
FINE

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #14588 on: November 13, 2014, 03:49:50 PM »
8 1/2 - Was always put off by the idea of this one and had an aversion to Italian cinema in general. I think maybe because of MST3K/Rifftrax etc, because dubbed Z-grade Italian films are maybe the biggest killers to me. I can rarely sit through one in one sitting, so I think of Italian cinema as being kind of painful. Recently we saw Il Sorpasso (Possibly my favourite Blu Ray release of the year?) and Amarcord and loved them both - So now I am interested in both Italian cinema and Fellini specifically as well.

Whew - Anyway, the point is, we finally saw 8 1/2 and really enjoyed the hell out of it. I didn't realise it would be so surreal. The year Nine got some Oscar nominations, we struggled through about half an hour of it. I doubt having seen this I would have enjoyed that, but at least that is not all I know of this now :P

Ace in the Hole - I always flip flop between which Billy Wilder film is my favourite. Double Indemnity, Sunset Boulevard and this are certainly top three (With The Apartment very close behind). I love Kirk Douglas in this movie so very much.
FINE

jonalame

« Reply #14589 on: November 13, 2014, 07:09:35 PM »
 I just saw John Wick. It's in bold! It's a movie! I've been missing out on that. I am going to spoil the movie now. The movie was one part lost love story, one part cartoonish subtitles speaking of our eponymous John Wick in reverent tones, and four parts YOU KILLED MY DOG I AM GOING TO SHOOT YOUR WHOLE GANG. BADOW, BADOW! Edit: Also, Willem Dafoe shows up and John Leguizamo punches Theon Greyjoy.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:11:51 PM by jonalame »

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #14590 on: November 13, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
The Angry Video Game Nerd - I laughed a few times but overall it was really lame, I had to watch it in multiple sittings because I was so bored.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #14591 on: November 14, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »
Harmontown.

Probably the 30th time I've watched it already or had it on in the background.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #14592 on: November 15, 2014, 12:14:56 AM »
Just saw Big Hero 6. Nothing groundbreaking, but a good, solid superhero movie. The puppy short at the beginning was awesome.

Soguru

« Reply #14593 on: November 15, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »
Anybody seen Dumb and Dumber to yet? I'm interested to know if it's actually funny. If the alleged audience reaction I've heard is any indication, the movie is doomed.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4352
« Reply #14594 on: November 15, 2014, 08:02:54 PM »
Anybody seen Dumb and Dumber to yet? I'm interested to know if it's actually funny. If the alleged audience reaction I've heard is any indication, the movie is doomed.
I heard it's not quite as good as the original, but not a bad sequel either.  It apparently also retcons Dumb and Dumberer.