Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1584893 times)

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #14355 on: October 09, 2014, 11:52:50 PM »
Last theatrical movie: Gone Girl. Slightly mixed on it but mostly positive. I don't feel like going into too much depth here, but I couldn't help but appreciate that it's

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Last movie viewed at home: Highlander, which I had somehow never sat down and watched from beginning to end on purpose before. Glorious 80s cheese, a bit like a nice smoked Gruyere. I watched it in preparation for watching it with the Rifftrax commentary.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:57:02 PM by MightyBombJack »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #14356 on: October 10, 2014, 04:13:46 AM »
Last movie viewed at home: Highlander, which I had somehow never sat down and watched from beginning to end on purpose before. Glorious 80s cheese, a bit like a nice smoked Gruyere. I watched it in preparation for watching it with the Rifftrax commentary.

I probably would have liked Highlander as a kid anyway, but any cheesy movie is made better with Clancy Brown chewing some scenery.  "BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY!"

I'm hoping to show Ghostbusters in the school dining hall for Halloween this year (my wife and I are both on duty and I thought it would be a fun thing to set up a data projector and show it on a sheet--a 'screen' instead of a TV, if you will).  I mentioned it to a few kids, and those that have seen it think it's lame, and the rest are like, "Let's watch something scary instead."

Fuck them.  I'm showing ghostbusters.

Those kids aren't being raised correctly, I was such a proud uncle when I found out how big my niece and nephew were into Ghostbusters.  I even gave them my Real Ghostbusters DVDs once I'd watched them all.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #14357 on: October 10, 2014, 06:34:10 AM »

I probably would have liked Highlander as a kid anyway, but any cheesy movie is made better with Clancy Brown chewing some scenery.  "BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY!"
Clancy Brown is by far the best part about that movie.

And not too long ago I found out that he does the voice of Mr. Crabs on Spongebob, and it just blew my mind. Now I want to see him do all his Kurgen lines as Mr. Crabs.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14358 on: October 10, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »
He does a shitload of voice work these days.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #14359 on: October 11, 2014, 07:34:08 AM »

Clancy Brown is by far the best part about that movie.

And not too long ago I found out that he does the voice of Mr. Crabs on Spongebob, and it just blew my mind. Now I want to see him do all his Kurgen lines as Mr. Crabs.

Wow, I had to admit, I doubted you when you said that, but I checked it out, and he is.  Also, it's spelled with a K.  Krabs.

But yeah, he's also an amazing Lex Luthor and had a hilarious bit on Adventure Time as the Demon Cat who had approximate knowledge of many things.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sI0vtqxoG1k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sI0vtqxoG1k</a>

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #14360 on: October 11, 2014, 03:07:48 PM »
I watched I Know that Voice last week. I love voice actors. I find the majority of them extremely sexy (especially H. Jon Benjamin). I would love to marry a voice over actor.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #14361 on: October 11, 2014, 03:11:18 PM »
I watched I Know that Voice last week. I love voice actors. I find the majority of them extremely sexy (especially H. Jon Benjamin). I would love to marry a voice over actor.

I was kind of surprised by the HJB thing, but yeah... thinking about it, he's got some really nice eyes...

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #14362 on: October 11, 2014, 03:12:51 PM »

I was kind of surprised by the HJB thing, but yeah... thinking about it, he's got some really nice eyes...

And a REALLY sexy voice. Also, bald. He's pretty hot all around.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #14363 on: October 11, 2014, 03:36:53 PM »
Tripe's got a sexy voice. Plus he's a voice actor. Plus he's bald. Sooooo....
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #14364 on: October 11, 2014, 05:03:35 PM »
I've always thought I would make a good voice actor. My natural voice is nothing special but I can change it a lot and easily.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #14365 on: October 11, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »
Tripe's got a sexy voice. Plus he's a voice actor. Plus he's bald. Sooooo....

No he doesn't and gross.

Soguru

« Reply #14366 on: October 11, 2014, 11:44:54 PM »
The fantastic four 1 and 2. Bad movies to be sure, but at least they don't annoy the ever-loving fuck out of me. For example I would take them over something like Independence Day or the last Transformers movie.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #14367 on: October 12, 2014, 12:28:41 PM »
Inside Man

A surprisingly entertaining and fun movie from Spike Lee.  I get the feeling that he was taking a lot of inspiration from The Taking of Pelham 123 in terms of not just a tense hostage negotiation but a real sense of humour to the proceedings.  Denzel Washington really sells the comic lines and has a great character to play in this one.  I would say the big reveals don't hit quite as well as one would hope and the epilogue goes on a bit long (and there are a couple bits where I suspend my disbelief based on what little I know about hostage negotiations), but it has a surprising amount of style (sometimes in really weird, unexpected ways that come out of left field) and is generally a pretty fun movie.  Catch it if you want a fun heist movie.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #14368 on: October 12, 2014, 04:40:58 PM »
Monsters University & Despicable Me 2, eh, both were ok.

I was amazed at the rendering of The Blue Umbrella. I was constantly asking myself "Is this live action?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:44:16 PM by BathTub »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #14369 on: October 12, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »
Monsters University & Despicable Me 2, eh, both were ok.

I was amazed at the rendering of The Blue Umbrella. I was constantly asking myself "Is this live action?"
Agreed on both counts.

Although the realistic rendering on The Blue Umbrella actually worked against it, as it made it kinda creepy.