Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1527588 times)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #14040 on: July 05, 2014, 09:22:33 AM »
Afflicted

Kind of stupid but very different. The second half of the movie is shot from a first person perspective, which was strange but interesting.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14041 on: July 05, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »
Insomnia drove me to watch the last two Faster and Furiouser movies.  They are tedious to get through and have started to turn into butch chicks fighting movies.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #14042 on: July 05, 2014, 09:22:21 PM »
I love me some butch chicks fighting.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14043 on: July 06, 2014, 05:07:56 AM »
Well there you go.  Get yourself a copy of Fast/Furious: Butch Chick edition.  I cant keep track of what the actual numbers are at this point.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #14044 on: July 06, 2014, 08:56:11 AM »
Well there you go.  Get yourself a copy of Fast/Furious: Butch Chick edition.  I cant keep track of what the actual numbers are at this point.

Don't feel bad, the filmmakers forget the numbers too.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #14045 on: July 06, 2014, 09:09:48 AM »
I watch a lot of documentaries. "Birth of the Living dead" and "Doc of the dead" are very similar but together they are fascinating. Did  youse guyses know that Max Brooks, the author or "World War Z" and speaker before the UN safety council on disaster preparedness was Mel Brooks' son?

Oh, I saw "World War Z", I can see what zombie fans didn't like. An average episode of "The Walking Dead" is gorier. You simply can not make a zombie movie that is PG-13, in my opinion. Zombie fans want the gore. It's tradition, frankly.

The I watched a lot of economic docs, some UFO docs, (gotta keep up on the latest bunk), American history docs...

End of the world docs.... it's all very depressing, actually.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14046 on: July 06, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »
Nice, I want to see those end of the world docs!  Which apocalypse scenario do you prefer?

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #14047 on: July 06, 2014, 10:03:37 AM »
I like the pandemic idea... the CDC and the WHO (World Health Organization) both say that we are long overdue for another pandemic, and this one could be much worse than the 1918 Spanish Flu that killed 2 million people and ended world war one, because there was no one left to fight....

We are almost out of anti-biotics and we destroyed the micro-organisms that protect us from the pan-demics.... but we keep trying to shove them in with "pro-biotic" yogurt. Sad really.

Although, I do like the super volcano idea, geologists say we are long over-due for that one too. Did you know that Yellowstone National Park is a super-volcano? When it blows it will take out two-thirds of the North American Continent and create a nuclear-winter. So, that is fun.

The world's oceans are not on the verge of collapse they HAVE collapsed, according to oceanographers, which means we are done. The world's ecology depends on the oceans' ecology.

Global warming, is the least of our worries and we cannot fix our ecological problems. We focus on GW because we think we can still fix that. No. I am afraid there are at least six horror-scenarios that will happen in the next 50 years that will have nothing to do with GW.

We are toast. But, the World will heal, the World will re-new itself after we are gone. So that is good!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14048 on: July 06, 2014, 10:18:55 AM »
Yeah, I dont put too much stock in documentaries.  If its not peer reviewed, its not scientific.  Thats take with a large lump of salt time.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #14049 on: July 06, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
This is all serious, peer reviewed, concerns identified by the CIA and FBI in their global Pentagon report to the gub'ment about the next 50 years. (Their largest concern was about water...)

Look it up, the magnetic field of the Earth often shifts from north to south, south to north, it has happened at least 6 times in 4 billion years. Another horror we are over-due for, although the magnetic field of the earth has shrunk by 7% in the last 30 years. Just before it shifts, it shrinks to nothing, allowing cosmic rays and solar radiation to destroy the surface life of the planet. And also cause mutations. One of the engines of evolution.

X-men, anyone?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14050 on: July 06, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
ok, lets see your sources then.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #14051 on: July 06, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »
Well, you can easily look up super-volcanoes/Yellowstone National Park, but the rest of what I said was crystalized by a TED talks "The End" dude... he spoke of all of these things and more, but I have been studying this stuff since I was 12....

A recent book called "The Missing Microbe" talks about the pandemic written by a very prominent doctor.... I can't remember these peoples' names but it's all out there.

Neil DeGrass Tyson speaks on much of this stuff... even in his remake of Cosmos.

The other stuff, (UFO's Bigfoots, Chubacabbra, JFK conspiracy, etc...) is all bunk. I study everything. I know the difference between science and pseudo-science.

That's why a total atheist and non-believer like me, was shocked when I was approached by Lucifer! Boy! was I floored!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14052 on: July 06, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
Hmm...

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2599
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #14053 on: July 06, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »
Disney's Robin Hood.

The Blu Ray looks incredible.

It held my son's attention for stretches, but not entirely.

He liked the Roger Miller songs (there were less of them than I remembered though)
FINE

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #14054 on: July 09, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
22 Jump Street

There might be a few spots where this one tries too hard, but it largely avoids that hanging burden of diminishing sequel returns. A big dumb sequel just like the big dumb original, both deliver more laughs than one would expect.

Shock Waves

A low budget horror flick from 1977 starring Brooke Adams, Peter Cushing and John Carradine. The story is basically Gilligan's Island, except a mad Nazi scientist (Cushing) has been hiding there for 35 years after his secret Nazi Zombie Soldiers project went off the rails. This one holds a special place for me, as it's the first horror movie I ever saw. Back in maybe 1981 or 82, I was seven or eight years old and spending the night my grandparents house. They had new fangled cable television... so once they dozed off to sleep, I started exploring the wonder that was 41 channels and stumbled on this movie. Certain scenes have stayed with me for decades. That's not to say it's a great movie, it has that certain seat of the pants vibe... "hey, we need to get this in the can in the next 12 days, Cushing has to be in England to play a Grand Muffin Tart or something"

But it's has a lot of good moments.... and when your pitch is "Marooned folks get hunted by Nazi Zombies"... well, it's hard to totally piss that one down your leg. The entire movie is on Youtube, which is where I've eventually watched the whole thing over a handful of sittings. It's less than an hour and a half long, and while hardly action packed or neck breakingly paced, the whole thing nails a nice uneasy ambience. No gore, hell no special effects or anything really, but well done for the budget and an enjoyably creepy ride.