login

Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1587363 times)

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #12045 on: December 03, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
Tremors. A movie that sits very high on my "films I can (and do) watch over and over again without ever getting tired of them" list. As it should for everyone.
I love that movie too. Have you watched it with the Hor-Riff-ic Productions iRiff yet? It's very good.

I honestly haven't seen a riff of any kind in a while now. Seriously gotta get back into the groove with those. I'll definitely look into that one though, thanks.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #12046 on: December 03, 2012, 05:21:51 PM »
Wreck-It Ralph

A decent movie, though some of it gets stronger after I had time to let it sink in.  I'm never into sports in the real world, but for some reason I love sports movies, so I liked all the racing stuff and training.  (Maybe it's that I like to watch the process of training).  Not quite as good as I was hoping but you take what you can get with non-Pixar animated movies.  Lots of fun in-jokes that doesn't distract from the story.  Also, I like the new Buckner and Garcia song, but the AKB48 sung theme to Sugar Rush is stuck in my head.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hG278a-5ogA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hG278a-5ogA</a>

Oh, and Alan Tudyk does a hell of an Ed Wynn impression!  I thought it was Tom Kenny, but I didn't recognize Wash at all in this movie.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12047 on: December 03, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »
A Joseph Gordon-Levitt double.

Looper - Which is just tremendous. If you haven't gotten to this yet, you really should. Not going to say much about it because it's probably best to see knowing as little as possible.

Premium Rush - The first ten or so minutes, I could have happily switched this off - It highlights a lot of the least likeable things about cyclists, but as if they are heroes. Just found everybody quite unlikable, but then, once things start rolling, we got very into the movie.

The ending is pretty lame though, and the hero really doesn't learn anything, but the movie is tense and fun. Worth a watch.
FINE

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #12048 on: December 04, 2012, 04:09:07 AM »
Looper - Which is just tremendous. If you haven't gotten to this yet, you really should. Not going to say much about it because it's probably best to see knowing as little as possible.

Exactly so. This finally got released here last weekend, and I ended up watching it twice. One of the best sci-fi features I've seen in a very long time, and one of my new favorite movies.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #12049 on: December 04, 2012, 04:16:01 AM »

Premium Rush - The first ten or so minutes, I could have happily switched this off - It highlights a lot of the least likeable things about cyclists, but as if they are heroes. Just found everybody quite unlikable, but then, once things start rolling, we got very into the movie.

The ending is pretty lame though, and the hero really doesn't learn anything, but the movie is tense and fun. Worth a watch.

Didn't know he was in this, had no interest before but I'll definitely check it out now
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #12050 on: December 04, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »
Pump up the Volume

Found it for $5 at FYE.  Still a good movie, but its like what, 20 years old now?  I can't help but wonder what Mark and Nora would be like now days.  Probably married with teens they just don't understand.  And the teens are completely miserable and aimless.

That's the circle of life man.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

GordonZola

« Reply #12051 on: December 04, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »
The Number 23

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #12052 on: December 04, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »
Life of Pi. It was pretty good outside of the "hey you should watch this in 3D" effects.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12053 on: December 04, 2012, 04:57:01 PM »
The Number 23

It probably is about as terrible as Shutter Island, but with the director of Shutter Island you would expect better.
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #12054 on: December 04, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »
The Number 23

It probably is about as terrible as Shutter Island, but with the director of Shutter Island you would expect better.

I like Shutter Island, it's a fun little nostalgic ride.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #12055 on: December 04, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »
The Number 23

Shutter Island just had the mistake of having advertisements that painted it as a pure horror movie, when in reality it wasn't horror in the slightest. And also trying really, really hard to be surprising about the twist it was setting up.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #12056 on: December 04, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »
Shutter Island just had the mistake of having advertisements that painted it as a pure horror movie, when in reality it wasn't horror in the slightest. And also trying really, really hard to be surprising about the twist it was setting up.

Might have been more surprising if they didn't telegraph the twist less than halfway through the *trailer*.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12057 on: December 04, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
The Number 23

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/homerjs2/wrong2.wav
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12058 on: December 04, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
The Number 23

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/homerjs2/wrong2.wav

Alas, that link seems not to work.

Rats! It works for me.
FINE

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #12059 on: December 05, 2012, 04:00:44 AM »

Might have been more surprising if they didn't telegraph the twist less than halfway through the *trailer*.

Quite so. But then, I never like to blame a movie for what the trailer does. It's not its fault, after all. The guys making the movie generally have no control whatsoever over advertising, and that can get mighty frustrating at times. It's why I don't watch trailers at all these days if I can help it.