Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1556481 times)

Invader_quirk

Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #11190 on: July 17, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »
I don't think anything could work worse than his score in Legend. It is putrid.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #11191 on: July 17, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
...seriously? You prefer Tangerine Dream to Jerry Goldsmith? Wow.

Well, I thought the Risky Business score was okay and the Legend score was bad, so...I guess? I don't know if Tangerine Dream would lend itself to the fantasy setting, though, as it seems more suited to night-time cityscape.

Looking through his filmography, it seems like Legend may have just been a flop for Goldsmith. It seemed really phoned in.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5684
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11192 on: July 18, 2012, 07:00:51 AM »

Well, I thought the Risky Business score was okay and the Legend score was bad, so...I guess? I don't know if Tangerine Dream would lend itself to the fantasy setting, though, as it seems more suited to night-time cityscape.

Looking through his filmography, it seems like Legend may have just been a flop for Goldsmith. It seemed really phoned in.
*sigh* You guys were just dissapointed because after Ghost Rider, you were expecting a voiceover be Sam Elliot. All about the legendy legendness of Legend.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #11193 on: July 18, 2012, 07:19:44 AM »

*sigh* You guys were just dissapointed because after Ghost Rider, you were expecting a voiceover be Sam Elliot. All about the legendy legendness of Legend.

Neither holds a candle to the Abduction soundtrack, that's for sure.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #11194 on: July 18, 2012, 07:28:38 AM »
Wanderlust
I was pleasantly surprised.  Judging from the previews I thought it was just going to be an excuse for nudity and gross out moments.  There was some, but not a lot.  The movie actually had a fair amount of heart, and was still really funny. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #11195 on: July 18, 2012, 07:30:18 AM »

Neither holds a candle to the Abduction soundtrack, that's for sure.
Apparently, a good composer was the only one actually abducted in that entire movie.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #11196 on: July 18, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »
It's been a while since I've seen Soldier, gonna have to rewatch it.

Watched American Reunion a couple days ago.  I have a soft spot for these movies.  I went on my first date with my first real boyfriend to the original American Pie, and yes, I was a late bloomer.  I have nothing bad to say about that boyfriend, we were together for years, great memories.

Anyway, this one was OK I guess.  The best part was Eugene Levy and Jennifer Coolidge hooking up.  These are two fine comedic actors who are seriously underused.
I've been meaning to check that out. How is Allison Hannigan in that? She was always my favorite, even in the first one.

She's good as always.

I love her, she's just so cute.  She'll probably be in her 50s and still be cute.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5121
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #11197 on: July 18, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
The Back to the Future trilogy.  Still great all the way through.  I know some people don't care for 2 or 3, but I think they are all tremendously fun, though obviously the first one is the best.  It's a shame Michael J. Fox can't do much acting these days, because he's pretty damned charismatic in these films.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #11198 on: July 18, 2012, 11:57:17 AM »
The Back to the Future trilogy.  Still great all the way through.  I know some people don't care for 2 or 3, but I think they are all tremendously fun, though obviously the first one is the best.  It's a shame Michael J. Fox can't do much acting these days, because he's pretty damned charismatic in these films.
I agree. Love all these movies, even the third one. Have you tried the Cinester Theater iRiffs for them? Absolutely fantastic!

Invader_quirk

« Reply #11199 on: July 18, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »
I think the third BttF is the best one, actually. Two tries to be funny and fails embarrassingly.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #11200 on: July 18, 2012, 12:05:32 PM »
I think the third BttF is the best one, actually. Two tries to be funny and fails embarrassingly.

Yeah, three is a very solid movie, while two tends to get a little too complicated for its own good.

Of course, the original is still the very best, and still works just fine on its own. And I don't dislike the second one or anything, I always like watching it. It's just the weakest of the three.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11201 on: July 18, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
The Dark Knight Rises

Wow, an almost perfect wrap up of the series although haters will probably have a field day with Bane's voice.

I'll wait to discuss it further when it's actually out in the US, loved it though.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6842
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11202 on: July 18, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »
although haters will probably have a field day with Bane's voice.

is it easily understood?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11203 on: July 18, 2012, 12:56:10 PM »
although haters will probably have a field day with Bane's voice.

is it easily understood?

I easily understood every word
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #11204 on: July 18, 2012, 01:17:14 PM »
I never really figured it would be a problem. But then, I was one of the ones who perfectly understood him from trailer one, and was fairly put off by the resulting confusion from others.

I'm doing the three-movie trilogy tomorrow night for that one. Just a little over a day left to go now...