login

Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1539439 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3785
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #10470 on: March 04, 2012, 08:10:04 AM »
I actually watched 'Earth Girls are Easy' for the first time last night..
WOW! What a Classic 80's Cheese fest starring Damon Wayans, Jim Carrey and Jeff Goldblum.. :o

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #10471 on: March 04, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »
Back to the Future on a big outdoor screen, it was pretty great
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #10472 on: March 04, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »
Back to the Future on a big outdoor screen, it was pretty great

Now that sounds like fun.  I wish theaters would rerelease movies more often.  There are a ton of movies that were made before I was born that I would love to see on the big screen.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #10473 on: March 04, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »
Real Steel - 7/10
Overall ok movie. Tired plot. It is rocky with rock 'em sock 'em robots.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #10474 on: March 05, 2012, 05:54:47 AM »
Real Steel - 7/10
'

That's what it looked like from the trailer.  Any way I may rent it at some point.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #10475 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:44 AM »
Real Steel - 7/10

I actually kind of liked Real Steel a lot. The kid was bordering on little Annakin Skywalker territory, but otherwise I thought it was a cute feel-good movie. Atom was the bomb (pun intended, but really, that robot was fantastic).
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Prince of Space 5049

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha
« Reply #10476 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:06 AM »
HUGO
Pretty decent movie, I was entertained, but I could see all plot points coming a mile away.  One thing I did not know was that Johnny Depp was producer!
[

Offline Riffman for Hire

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 98
  • I'm in the riffing business.
« Reply #10477 on: March 06, 2012, 08:33:13 AM »
Trog (1970) with Joan Crawford.  It was utterly awful but rather funny at the same time.  This is the kind of film that is so ridiculous that I think almost anybody could riff it and make it a laugh riot.

Offline SJP

• Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #10478 on: March 06, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »
Although I am apparently building up a collection of iRiffs to watch, my mind's been burned out on making my own this weekend that I need a break.

Ergo, I am going to go watch my brand new copy of ZaAt, aka Blood Waters of Dr. Z, without the MST3K treatment and all the (supposed gore) put back in.

If I survive, I'll tell you how it went.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline ayoung

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #10479 on: March 06, 2012, 11:47:23 PM »
Quite a while already but the last movie I watched was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  It is a nice movie, though something that is not for the faint hearted as it tackles quite a lot of topics that may seem taboo for some.

But we should really be open to the idea as it is something that commonly happens right within our midst and it would be unfair for people to turn gross about it.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #10480 on: March 07, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »
Project X. Jesus Tapdancing Christ I hate high school. Or rather, I hate the this-is-the-most-important-time-of-my-life-so-let's-get-plastered-and-laid mentality that seems to thrive within it (college too, though somehow it's worse in high school simply because more of it is illegal for folks there, and thus they try harder for it). It's a disease, that way of thinking, one of twisted priorities and a very skewed perspective. And this movie capitalizes on it, enlarges upon it, and then completely becomes it: everything that's wrong with those not-quite-adult teens, wrapped into slightly less than an hour and a half.

Now, credit where credit's due, this is a party movie that delivers one of the most crazy, anarchistic parties ever filmed, and I congratulate them on going the distance with the craziness (well mostly. It doesn't make things nearly dark enough. It flirts with the more nihilistic side of things a few times, but in the end is much too physically harmless). For found footage it is very well shot, and by and large it's actually got some pretty solid filmmaking going on here. But when you've got a movie led by teenagers who are the definition of stupid (and, in the case of the party planner, who give you a feeling of wanting to start punching him and never stop) and wraps with a message that does bring in some of the reality but also says "Hey, relax, it'll be OK. Of course it'll be OK.", then it sets one of the most socially irresponsible messages ever. I realize I'm going to hate myself for typing that (it's a phrase I never want to use, not when it comes to movies and pop culture), but for real, this thing is too much.

I guess what I'm saying is that this movie is evil  and needs to be destroyed. Every print burned, every digital file smashed, and the original master put onto a rocket (with 120 Days of Sodom) and launched into the sun.

Good news, Dragon!

'Project X' Sequel in the Works at Warner Bros.

Michael Bacall, who co-wrote the screenplay for "Project X" from his story, is writing a treatment for the sequel.

Warner Bros. is keeping the party going. The studio is quietly working on a sequel to Project X, the raucous teen movie that opened to a strong $21 million during the weekend.

Michael Bacall, who wrote the story for the movie and co-wrote the screenplay with Matt Drake, is writing a treatment for the sequel. Whether the treatment carries over to the script stage will depend on the producers, Todd Phillips and his Green Hat shingle and Joel Silver’s Silver Pictures. Bacall began work on the treatment several weeks before the movie opened. 

Project X revolves around three losers, played by Thomas Mann, Oliver Cooper and Jonathan Brown, who throw a party in a bid to boost their profiles. The shindig quickly gets out of hand, resulting in unchecked debauchery, a suburban neighborhood under fire and a showdown with the police.

It's unclear whether the actors would return for a sequel or whether the studio has options on the trio, though both seem likely. Warner Bros. found itself without sequel deals for the trio of stars of The Hangover and was forced to pay a premium when it moved to make a sequel. Project X’s success isn’t on that level, nor are its actors well known — it's the first feature for Cooper and Brown — so there isn’t a real danger of the studio having its back to the wall.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Starman!

• Liked: 359
« Reply #10481 on: March 07, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
:gouge:

What sickens me (as a teen) is knowing that people my age actually went to see this piece of shit and liked it.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3549
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #10482 on: March 07, 2012, 01:01:54 PM »
I'm a monkey, and I f-ing hate monkeys.

Offline Starman!

• Liked: 359
« Reply #10483 on: March 07, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
Wait, isn't Project X the Matthew Broderick movie about monkeys?

Yep. Fucking Hollywood.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2593
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10484 on: March 07, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
Monty Python And The Holy Grail

It looks pretty darn good on Blu-Ray, the filth really looks filthy.  I was surprised how much the sound is improved on BD.

Most of the extras from the ultimate definitive final special edition DVD are on the BD, but not all of them.  There are some new extras, some new out takes and extended scenes I hadn't seen before, and they found some unused animations that have been put back together and they made up a soundtrack for them.

So, looks like you can't throw you're DVD away if you get the BD, if you want all the possible extras.