login

Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1586770 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #18585 on: April 23, 2019, 03:31:24 PM »
Took the Tyke to see The Missing Link the other day. It's not quite as dark and creepy underneath as most of Laika's films, but I can't come up with a bad thing to say about it. The characters are charming, the Indiana Jones-esque adventure is fun, the animation is beautiful, and the humor lands well. It's going to quickly be lost between the big tentpole releases this month, but if you can make the time, it's worth a watch.

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 529
  • I crap bigger than this movie.
« Reply #18586 on: April 24, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »
I watched Black Swan for the first time last night and it was incredible. I'm a real sucker for exploitation dressed up as art, and this is some primo hybridized stuff all the way down to the lead performance by Natalie Portman who is exploited by and exploits the film itself. There is so much to wrap my head around that I probably won't get around to writing about it for a few days, weeks, or maybe even after a rewatch to help formalize my thoughts, but hot damn this was fantastic.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:53:15 PM by Charles Castle »
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #18587 on: April 26, 2019, 05:43:59 PM »
The Highwaymen

I really enjoyed it. It was a very slow burn kinda movie, so if those bore you, well, you're the reason modern studios think viewers have the attention span of goldfish and I hate you! (just kidding... mostly ^_^)

I got sucked right into the period in the same way O Brother, Where Are Thou did. Not to say this was anything like a Coen brothers movie, but it was just as period accurate. I would love to see a Rockstar game set in that "public enemy" era of Bonnie and Clyde, John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson, etc, way out in the dustbowl era midwest. It'd be SO COOL.

I do not know what to make of Kevin Costner on the whole, but here he really worked as this stoic old grandpa and Woody Harrelson as his alcoholic old partner. It's these two old wild west Texas Rangers who used to like round up a posse to ride out on horseback to bring in cattle rustlers and shit, and now they're in this modern era trying to chase down a gang of bank robbers driving Fords and shooting tommy guns.

What REALLY bummed me out is afterwards reading how they'd been wanting to make this movie for like 15 years, and their original plan was to cast Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Now I just think of what THAT could've been like. There's only ONE film festival it could've premiered at: Cannes, because it's so prestigious. *rimshot* *crickets*

It also got to me to watch that 1960s Bonnie and Clyde movie. That wasn't bad and a pretty interesting early counterculture generation movie. It wasn't as period accurate. Like, I didn't buy... I keep wanting to say Anne Hathaway and that ain't EVEN right for loads of reasons. Faye Dunaway. She did FINE, but she just always looked like a girl from the late 1960s. Like, they didn't even give her a period hairstyle. And the men looked obviously too old to be playing kids in their early 20s.

But those are just the quirks of movies from that time period. That's just how they were made at the time, and it's part of what makes them fun to watch.

And hell, that still happens NOW. One of my criticisms of Anne With an E, besides the social commentary being too subtle and too appropriate for the period setting, was that some of the kids in supporting roles just seem like really OBVIOUS 2010s teenagers in late Victorian clothes. Something in their look of mannerisms that just gives it away. The adults do very well, the girl who plays Anne is perfect and so are a couple of her BFFs, but the rest of the kids are hit and miss.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 95
« Reply #18588 on: April 28, 2019, 08:40:37 PM »
The Heroic Ones ( 1970 )
There are a bunch of Shaw Brothers films that for some reason blur together in my memories. Probably because they are all historic epics from China's feudal era starring David Chiang and Ti Lung. So for the next few weeks I will be watching them. Last week's Deadly Duo was the one with the crumbling bridge. This week is the one where one of the heroes is drawn and quartered. ( That's where each limb and the head is tied to individual horses who then ride off and  rip the person being executed into five chunks.  Very nasty. )  A  tribe of  Shatuo warriors  is hired by the Emperor to defeat a rebel king's army.  The king of the Shatuo has 13 sons who are each generals in his army of 100,000 men.  Two of the sons are f#*k-ups who ruin a mission to sneak into enemy territory and capture the rebel king when they go Leeroy Jenkins against enemy troops. Then while  evading enemy troops, the two sons attempt to rape the woman who was hiding them in her house. When the king of the Shatuo finds out what the two brothers did, he decides to have them executed. But the 13th brother convinces the king to spare their lives. They should have gratitude to the 13th brother, but instead they have contempt for him because he is the king's favorite son. When the two brothers screw up again by leading the Shatuo  king into a trap, they decide to defect to the enemy, and on their way out of camp, trick the 13th brother into the trap where he is drawn and quartered. The surviving brothers track them down for the climatic fight, and the film ends with only five brothers left alive.  It is a very decent drama with some really good action, although not with the great fight choreography seen in the later half of the 70s.  Around this time martial arts heroes in Shaw Brothers films would usually mow down hoards of enemies instead of having one on one fights with villains of equal or greater skills. Choreography was mostly "hero swings weapon-lots of bad guys fall on the ground bleeding. "  As fun as it was watching heroes decimate armies singlehandedly, it eventually got overplayed, which was why with the Shaolin films there was a shift to one on one fights

My only real complaint about this film is the restored version which adds music and sound effects not found in the original.  The extra sound effects I could live with. But the new music seems to be there to mask the original music, and you can hear both at the same time. I am not sure if Celestial was responsible for the soundtrack alterations, or if it was Well Go who distributed the video. Playing new music over the old is the only way to mask musical cues lifted from American films so that the current DVD distributor won't have to pay extra to license the music. But in this case, it seems whoever did the masking went overboard and masked every single music cue regardless if it was original music from the Shaw Brothers library or lifted from someone else's library. The end result is like listening to two different songs at the same time, and is very annoying. This appears to have only happened on the Well Go releases.

Guyver 2 ( a.k.a. Guyver: Dark Hero )( 1994 )
Two hours?? Two f$#king hours?! Would someone please explain to me why this film had to be two hours long? Did someone bet director Steve Wang that he couldn't take 90 minutes of material and stretch it out to two hours? Because that's the only explanation I can think of.  No film needs to be two hours long. Once you reach 90 minutes then it is officially a feature film. I am sure distributors would have preferred a 90 minute run time because that is three less reels they need to print and distribute, cutting down on costs by 25%. I mean, I could understand if this film needed to be two hour long because there was nothing the film maker could cut. But God damn it, this film was filled with tons of stuff that could have been cut! Longer than needed establishing shots. Characters walking from one tent to another tent. Long pauses in dialogue. Long pauses when a character enters the room before he does anything. Even some stuff that was slowed down for no reason. I'm telling you, a film editor could cut this down to 90 minutes or less and loose nothing. Not one bit of dialogue, not one scene. Nothing. There is just so much here that films normally trim out Now, I have seen other films padded out. Most notably the TomCat superhero films where hack director Brett Kelly took the 20 minutes of actual footage he shot and by using a lot of slow motion, repeated footage, overlong establishing shots, unnecessary transition shots of the moon, footage of the same radio station bikini contest  that was edited into the middle of a bunch of his films, really bad animated scenes which consisted of panning over still drawings instead of real animation, and lets not forget slowing down credits so they last for 12 minutes even though less than 50 people actually worked on the film. But in that case it was padding to reach 90 minutes.  Not taking 90 minutes and padding it out longer. I mean, the first film was only 90 minutes long. The sequel didn't need to be longer than that!

So why complain? Because this sequel was way better than the first one. It's been a couple of years since Sean Baker has received the Guyver unit, the symbiotic armor that gives him super powers and can retract back under his skin once he is finished using it. He has been fighting crime like a superhero, but mostly because the Guyver unit has been compelling him to do it. Also, it has been compelling him to kill many of the criminals he has been fighting. Wanting to get his life back, Sean searches to find answers as to where the Guyver came from and how it can be removed. He discovers an archeological site where they discovered cave drawings that are the same ones the Guyver was giving him dreams of. Sean heads to the site and after befriending the daughter of the lead archeologist, joins the group excavating the cave. They discover a buried space ship that has been there for centuries which may have been the one that brought the Guyver suit to Earth. However, the dig is secretly being paid for by the Zoanoid, the half human-half monster creatures Sean fought in the first film, who want the ship because it contains a second Guyver unit. The campy comedy from the first film is toned down to almost non existant. And the fighting and other action  is far superior to what was in the first film, although no better than something you would find in an episode of Power Rangers. Even the acting, although not good, is by far better than the first film. Even the music score is better. But the entire film is f$#ked up by being padded out! Why?!

Satisfaction ( 1988 )
A while back I decided to expand on my favorite film, Times Square ( 1980 ), by adding the other films it's stars and director worked on. I had already bought every film Robin Johnson appeared in, and two from director Allen Moyle, Pump up the Volume ( 1990 ) and Empire Records ( 1995 ), and had begun collecting the film's of Trini Alverado with her debut in Rich Kids ( 1979 ), after which I got preoccupied with other collections such as The Marx Brothers films and continuing the Superhero collection. I had done a brief search on Amazon to see which of her films were available on home video, and discovered that Satisfaction was OOP and used copies were selling for over $50, so I decided to put that one on hold and hope for a rerelease, or a good deal on eBay. A few weeks ago someone put a brand new factory sealed copy on eBay for $10, so I snatched it.

A brief history of a film which is part of a weird 80s cultural footnote. That decade there was a hit sitcom called Family Ties about two former hippies liberals who had sense settled down to raise a family, one of which became a conservative Republican. Just imagine the mirth such a premise would generate, with the son and the hippie parents fighting over social issues each week. Or don't bother. Because like most sitcoms, the premise was abandoned midway through the first season, and it became an average 80s sitcom like Growing Pains, Who's the Boss or Full House, or all the other sitcoms of the era that abandoned their premise after a few episodes for average sitcom episodes.

Like most 80s sitcoms, the show was originally supposed to be a starring vehicle for the adult actors who played the parents, but then quickly shifted to being about the kids once they became popular. And the two breakout stars of Family Ties were Michael J Fox and Justine Bateman. Fox because of his comedic talent, and Bateman because she was beautiful. When Fox got Back to the Future in 1985, his career really took off.  In 1987 Paul Schrader to cast him as the leader of a rock band in Light of Day with Joan Jett making her acting debut. At the time Bruce Willis and Don Johnson were branching out from television by attempting to be recording artists. When the title song for Light Of Day was released as a single, and both Fox and Jett were singing on it, there was an assumption that Fox would be recording further rock albums.  There was also an assumption that Jett would become a major movie star the way Prince and Madonna had. The movie only earned $10 million at the box office, barely breaking even, and the single peaked at #33 on the Billboard chart. If Fox had any real ambition of becoming a rock star, it ended there.

Meanwhile, there was NBC Productions, a production company that began having illusions of grandeur. Created specifically to produce inhouse television films for NBC, in 1987 they decided they were good enough to produce theatrical films.  NBC Productions ace in the hole was being able to cast actors under contract to the network. They already had Fox do a telefilm called Poison Ivy shortly before he filmed Back to the Future, which they released overseas as a feature film. Unable to get Fox again, because his contractual obligation was for one film, they decided to make a movie with his TV sister, Justine Bateman, instead. Furthermore, they decided the Bateman film would be their first theatrical release. And since Fox was just about to start in Light of Day, NBC Productions decided the Bateman movie would be about a rock band as well. Truth be told, most of the telefilms coming from NBC Productions were rip-offs of theatrical films. But this time NBC was ripping off a theatrical movie that was about to bomb. Is it any wonder that Satisfaction was an even bigger bomb that ended NBC Productions from making any more theatrical films, even though they aired the music video for the film every week for a month on Friday Night Videos?

One other thing to note before I get to the movie. While both Michael J Fox and Justine Bateman's musical careers began and ended with their respective Rock and Roll films,  Tina Yothers who played the third and often forgotten child on Family Ties began a for real music career as a lead singer of a rock band. While she was never asked to star in a musical film, she did talk the producers of Family Ties into writing an episode where her character performs with a band. ( Although not her real band. Guest stars Rain Phoenix and Christina Applegate lip synced and pretend played to the background track. )  Tina Yothers musical career would peak with an appearance on the Howard Stern Show where she competed against Howard Stern's Losers in a battle of the bands where her band lost.

Okay, on to the film. It is a TV movie. Sure, it had a lot of swear words that would never air on 80s network television. But it was your basic forgettable television movie script. Not bad, but not god. And gags that exist without being funny. For example, they band decides to challenge some rich kids to a volleyball game, which is then sped up while old timey piano music plays as they play terribly. That's the level of comedy here. Perfectly acceptable in an 80s television movie. But unforgivable in a theatrical film people paid to see. Justine is the lead singer of a female rock band who's members include Trini Alvarado on drums, Britta Phillips on second vocals and guitar, and Julia Roberts on bass guitar. ( Yep, this was Julia's first film. ) The keyboardist had just quit, so the girls talk Justine's next door neighbor Scott Coffey into joining the band as they have an important audition the next day for a gig as the house band at a beach club for the summer. The owner of the club is Liam Neeson, who was once a successful record producer and song writer, but quit the industry after his wife died in an accident. He hires the girls because they are the best band he has ever seen. And by best I mean really lame cover songs sung by Justine Bateman while the actresses who play the band members do their best to look like they are in an actual rock band, but instead come off like 50 year olds playing Guitar Hero. Each character is then given a sub plot to pad out the movie. Justine falls in love with Liam and teaches him to love again, even though he is clearly too old for her. Scott falls in love with tomboy drummer Trini, and she eventually falls for him. Julia's controlling boyfriend shows up to make her go home, but after they have a fight and then have makeup sex, she decides to marry him, and he decides to allow her to continue being in a band. And Britta takes drugs all the time, has what I guess was suppose to be a really bad overdose, and gives up drugs after a lecture from Justine. Another sub plot has the girls finding out a promoter will be at the club looking for a band to tour Europe. And then the summer ends and the band goes home. The end.

Television movies existed to fill a time slot and not much more. This was back when networks still aired movies in prime time, but for whatever reason could only get enough theatrical films to fill half the season. So for the other half of the season, made for television movies were produced starring television stars under contract to the networks. There was never really any attempt to make these films as good as movies in the theaters, although occasionally you would get something like Duel ( 1971 ). But for the most part they were quickly written scripts that mimicked popular films from the theaters. They were good enough to kill an evening, and you only watched them because there was an actor or actress you liked starring in it. You watched them then forgot them. Theater movies were suppose to be better. You paid for a ticket, so you expected to be really entertained. Satisfaction was far from satisfying. It was a television movie disguised as a theatrical film. It wasn't boring. It just wasn't the level of entertainment you want from a theatrical film. It just exists and nothing more. Had NBC bothered to go through a few more drafts of the script, and given the film a better budget, then they would have had something much better. They did have a cast capable of much better. But it was a film produced by television producers. And they were use to getting films produced as fast and cheaply as possible.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #18589 on: April 29, 2019, 07:09:27 AM »
Saw Devil Wears Prada for the first time, because I heard really good things about it. I think this proves that I really, really don't like this genre. Anne Hathaway's character is an unrelenting brat. She lucks her way into a highly desirable job, gets dragged along by everyone else, and she (and her friends) complain the whole way through. Can't believe I had to wait 30mins for Stanley Tucci to verbally smack her upside her head to tell her what a naive ingrate she was being and that quitting is absolutely an option. So she actually starts taking her high stressful high demand job seriously. Did she lose her soul? No. People want that job. I never found any of the antagonists evil. In fact, everything they all had to say was what I wanted to tell Anne Hathaway's character. My biggest problem is that every tough business decision is taken sooo personally. Meryl Streep's character never crossed the line imo (well, maybe the car ride at the end). But the fact that anyone would equate her character to "the devil" says more about them than her.     

Full disclosure, I thought the high praise was because it would be really quippy, witty, smart, and grounded. Nope. It's the same fairytale Hallmark wish fulfillment bs where characters are never allowed to be too mean or too sad. All the performances were great, and the story was interesting. So, yeah, definitely a high budget Hallmark movie. But nothing here that really transcends the genre. If anyone has seen the movie Swimming With Sharks, THAT is how to do this movie RIGHT.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #18590 on: May 04, 2019, 08:22:05 PM »
Peosoect (2018)
Low budget serious sci-fi movie. Didn't love it, but really liked it. Give me more movies like this and no more crappy super hero movies.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #18591 on: May 05, 2019, 07:17:23 AM »
Avengers: Endgame

Finally saw it, largely unspoiled.  A good movie, particularly with a very fun second act.  A great send-off to the franchise and I look forward to seeing where the MCU goes from here.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5901
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #18592 on: May 05, 2019, 08:11:48 PM »
House Shark - This was reeeeeally bad. Granted, I knew it would be going in. But not quite in all the ways I thought it would be. The shark puppet is pretty funny though. But it's essentially just the SNL Landshark bit stretched to almost 2 hours, so it gets tedious. I will say that the funniest part is the "underwater swimming" scene, which is hysterical.
Normally in a Jaws ripoff, the Quint equivalent is usually fun. No, here he is easily the most insufferable part.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 524
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #18593 on: May 05, 2019, 09:05:00 PM »
Bit late to the party, but I saw Captain Marvel tonight. Damn, I loved the simple feminist message it put out. It was definitely a really fun movie, and I love the fact that Carol ended up giving a fuck you to everyone telling her to stop letting her emotions have control of her. It was really satisfying at the end, too when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Legitimately my favorite movie in the MCU so far; I loved the fuck out of Black Panther, but it's message didn't resonate nearly as closely for me as Captain Marvel's did, which makes sense, because I'm not really the intended target for the message. Captain Marvel struck a chord with me like I haven't felt in a long time. No matter how many times you get knocked down, you get back up.

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 95
« Reply #18594 on: May 05, 2019, 09:44:36 PM »
Blood Brothers  ( 1973 )
Another of the Chang Cheh sword epics. Although, this one looks so cheap I doubt you could call it an epic. A lot of the sets looked more like mounds of dirt, which suggests Cheh may have been forced to begin principle photography before the sets were completed. The plot: A  Ching Dynasty general ( Ti Lung )  has been assassinated. His assassin ( David Chiang ) is brought to court where he willingly pleads guilty in exchange for submitting a full statement. As he writes his testimony on paper, the film cuts to a flashback of the events leading up to the assassination. The assassin, the general and a third martial artist were all leaders of a bandit gang. One of the bandits is given the opportunity to join the army as an officer, and he soon rises to the position of general. Once in power he invites the other two bandits to join his army as his direct subordinates. But he as fallen in love with the wife of one of the bandits, and arranges to have him killed. The other bandit decides to seek revenge, leading to the assassination. This was one of the rare films where David Chiang fought Ti Lung, and the only one I know of where Chiang actually kills him. Chang preferred to cast them as either brothers or close friends, usually having one avenging the murder of another.

El Muerto  ( a.k.a. The Dead One ( 2007 )
This is another one of those films that suddenly appeared on the Wikipedia list of superhero movies. Having never heard of the comic book it was based on, I didn't know what to expect. The only thing I had to go on was that the box art made it look a lot like a rip-off of The Crow. And it basically was. Call it a poor man's version of The Crow. ( That goes for the underground comic book it was based on. ) A year after dying in a car crash, Juan Diego ( Wilmer  Valderrama ) returns to life, still clad in his Day of the Dead costume and makeup he was wearing during the fatal crash. Juan soon discovers he has some abilities, including super strength, and the power to heal. He is one of two chosen ones resurrected, the other one who is hunting down the last three surviving descendants of the first Catholic priests to bring Christianity to the Americas. ( Wait. Doesn't the writer of this know that Catholic priests are forbidden from having wives? So how the hell are there a long line descendants, many who were priests? ) One of the three descendants is  Juan's former girlfriend. The entire film builds to a climatic battle between Juan and the other chosen one  killing the descendants.  But it is not the superpowered showdown you were hoping for, but instead a rather lame knife fight. This is an independent film where the director had such a small budget that there wasn't much he could actually afford to have El Muerto do. Whatever budget this film did have went into casting Wilmer Valderrama  for the lead, and Maria Conchita Alonso as "the nun", a blink and you'll miss it role that had her showing up to the set for a single day's work. Like most independent films, the casting goes to shit as  the producer finds any known actor attached to the film in order to get more investors on board. A lot of the film suffers from poor editing, suggesting either not enough was shot, or a lot of what was shot was unusable. Like I said, the poor man's version of The Crow, missing all the action and the emotional impact. And the ending sets the film up as if there would be more El Muerto films to come. But with 12 years and no sequel, my guess is this attempted franchise is dead.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:47:01 PM by stethacantus »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5901
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #18595 on: May 06, 2019, 06:23:41 AM »
The Crow SUUUUUUUCKED, so I can't even imagine how bad a poor man's version of that schlock must have been.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #18596 on: May 06, 2019, 07:12:06 AM »
Saw Conan The Barbarian for the first time. Since I was a kid in the 80s, I wasn't allowed to watch the R-rated iconic stuff like Rambo, Aliens, RoboCop, etc. Figured it's time to check this one off the list. I... did not expect it to be this good. I think the pacing and character development are top notch. I always thought Conan was a loner, but he actually has a whole gang of characters that were really fun and made the journey enjoyable. Kinda funny how I thought it was a low budget movie for the first half hour which brought a lot of charm, but then it gets bigger and bigger by the end. Special effects hold up too. I plan to watch Red Sonja soon, but I'm tempted to watch Conan The Destroyer. Knowing that it's a not-very-good movie, I may still skip it as to not tarnish the brand for me... well, until I see Red Sonja. Haha.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 524
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #18597 on: May 06, 2019, 07:47:36 AM »
Saw Conan The Barbarian for the first time. Since I was a kid in the 80s, I wasn't allowed to watch the R-rated iconic stuff like Rambo, Aliens, RoboCop, etc. Figured it's time to check this one off the list. I... did not expect it to be this good. I think the pacing and character development are top notch. I always thought Conan was a loner, but he actually has a whole gang of characters that were really fun and made the journey enjoyable. Kinda funny how I thought it was a low budget movie for the first half hour which brought a lot of charm, but then it gets bigger and bigger by the end. Special effects hold up too. I plan to watch Red Sonja soon, but I'm tempted to watch Conan The Destroyer. Knowing that it's a not-very-good movie, I may still skip it as to not tarnish the brand for me... well, until I see Red Sonja. Haha.

I was shocked by how much I liked Conan, it was pretty good.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #18598 on: May 06, 2019, 05:43:11 PM »
Okko's Inn

My Mom's been trying to get out to the theatres more and it isn't always easy to find something to satisfy both of us.  Not a lot of choices in the theatre lately (I think she'd like Shazam! but it was on too late in the evening).  But then I found that the theatre was having a special showing of Okko's Inn, a family anime film.  It's... fine.  It really sags in the middle and I feel like the demographic didn't extend far beyond someone in their early teens.  But it was largely pleasant and it had a nice ending.  Still, this is really more something to catch if it is streaming or something.  At least I found an anime my Mom also liked (though she agreed it went on too long in the middle).

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
« Reply #18599 on: May 06, 2019, 06:05:20 PM »
Rewatched Dog Day Afternoon yesterday. Previous viewings of this film showed me a climate very different from what I was used to. One with a lot of social angst, especially toward the police. It seemed like a very different time.

So it was strange to watch this again and understand it in a new way, and in some respects relate to it even more. This absolutely feels like something that could happen today.