Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1581947 times)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #10950 on: June 05, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »
Why don't you save the ghost stories for when the Lord is there?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #10951 on: June 05, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »

I think she already saw it. I could try to get The Woman In Black with Harry Potter this weekend.
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #10952 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:21 PM »

I think she already saw it. I could try to get The Woman In Black with Harry Potter this weekend.

I kind of wanted to see The Woman in Black, too, so if you can get it please do so.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #10953 on: June 05, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
The Woman in Black

A good old fashioned ghost story starring Harry Potter.    Harry plays a lawyer sent to a small town where the children keep dying.  There is a legend of the woman in black who appears every time one dies.  I don't want to give away too much.  But Harry is good in it.  Well, I guess I should start calling him Daniel Ratcliffe now, I think he's proven himself to be a good actor in anything.  Highly recommend it.

And it was made by Hammmer films, I didn't even know they were still making movies.
I still like the radio adaptation best but I enjoyed this one a lot too. Was amazed when I found out Liz White plave Jennet; this is what I tend to think of her looking like:

Just saw this tonight. I know it's a cliche and that there would be no movie if it happened, but . . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10954 on: June 06, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
The Sting

The new Blu-Ray looks and sounds fantastic.  I didn't notice one speck of dust.  I keep loving this movie more every time I watch it.  You would think after you know all the twists that would diminish but it doesn't.

The Blu-Ray has more than normal annoying logos and stuff, the next chapter button skips the preview but they put a long Universal logo before it and then again before the movie, and a very crappy looking non-skipable screen that tells you there is a pop up menu available using your remote, the picture of the remote looks like a 5 year old drew it with MS paint.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #10955 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
The Sting

The new Blu-Ray looks and sounds fantastic.  I didn't notice one speck of dust.  I keep loving this movie more every time I watch it.  You would think after you know all the twists that would diminish but it doesn't.

The Blu-Ray has more than normal annoying logos and stuff, the next chapter button skips the preview but they put a long Universal logo before it and then again before the movie, and a very crappy looking non-skipable screen that tells you there is a pop up menu available using your remote, the picture of the remote looks like a 5 year old drew it with MS paint.

Yeah, Universal pretty much sucks at Blu-Ray menus and operations. Always so irritating and buggy, while also pretty plain (pretty much every menu of theirs is the same, save for swapped backgrounds). Good thing they know how to make a great transfer, it still makes the discs worth it. And I'm happy to hear this one holds up nicely, that's a movie I could probably watch over and over again with no problems.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #10956 on: June 07, 2012, 06:48:47 AM »
The Sting

Yeah, Universal pretty much sucks at Blu-Ray menus and operations. Always so irritating and buggy, while also pretty plain (pretty much every menu of theirs is the same, save for swapped backgrounds). Good thing they know how to make a great transfer, it still makes the discs worth it. And I'm happy to hear this one holds up nicely, that's a movie I could probably watch over and over again with no problems.

Also some time their movies have no extras or instead of putting them on the Blu Ray discs they put them on a DvD so they are not in HD and you have to switch discs. I really don't like Universal Blu Rays.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline doggans

• Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #10957 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:13 AM »
I don't recall ever encountering a combo pack where the features are on the DVD instead of the Blu-Ray.

Not saying they don't exist, but it seems very bizarre to me.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #10958 on: June 07, 2012, 07:12:58 AM »
I have a couple of them.  The third Mummy movie was like that.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #10959 on: June 07, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »
Comic-Con: Episode IV - A Fan's Hope

Really fun and lovely look at the convention, no shocking reveals or anything but just a nice look at nice people
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Starman!

• Liked: 359
« Reply #10960 on: June 07, 2012, 07:40:34 AM »
Battle Royale. It's a messed up movie but it's entertaing. Screw The Hunger Games.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #10961 on: June 07, 2012, 07:55:15 AM »

Really fun and lovely look at the convention, no shocking reveals or anything but just a nice look at nice people

Did they treat the fans respectfully? I hate shows/documentaries where they make fun of the fans.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #10962 on: June 07, 2012, 08:17:01 AM »

Did they treat the fans respectfully? I hate shows/documentaries where they make fun of the fans.

Very much so, the fans are the stars
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Invader_quirk

« Reply #10963 on: June 07, 2012, 09:42:13 AM »
Battle Royale. It's a messed up movie but it's entertaing. Screw The Hunger Games.

HIPSTER!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #10964 on: June 07, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »

I thought both movies were fun
Scottotd on Instagram