Author Topic: Wild Women of Wongo  (Read 21170 times)

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 10
Re: Wild Women of Wongo
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »
Personally I blame the blue hair on poorly done fuzzy color.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 52
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 08:54:49 AM »
The blue-haired "WHHHHAAAT?!?!?" guy looks just like Jim Edmonds the baseball player.

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 06:15:25 PM »
I got to say, this episode was funny......Thank you Fry's for carrying this title.....I loved it.

Offline eye_strain

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »
I remember the first time I watched WWW at a club meeting.  Surprisingly enough it was the same place and time I watched Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.  Truth be told both films are equally as bad as equate and sweet n'low combined for your health but if you don't care about such trifles then it's all just par for the course.  Yet, I would have to say WWW is better than SCCM because well, I'm a sucker for tall lanky eastern European women dressed in faux animal skins.  Also I don't think she said anything either, my best relationship was with someone who never said anything, I got a lot of reading done.  So it brought back some memories of that.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 188
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »
I just watched this again and found my pick for stinger:

[yt=425,350]WWhw7uzvT2Q[/yt]

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »
xD it is a perfect weird little moment.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2008, 10:27:09 PM »
Was this movie supposed to be titillating? There was a lot of naked swimming, but it wasn't anything to waste ten cents on.

The whole damn film could have been about three minutes long. One minute of the girls saying, "We've never seen men like THAT before!" one minute of the men saying, "We've never seen girls like THAT before!" and then the ugly people and attractive people pairing off at the end with a wink that suggests you just wasted ten cents on a movie that does nothing but wink to suggest sexual intercourse, which you could have done yourself.

As it is, I didn't understand half the movie. The Wongo women had spears of their own despite being, you know, women, which isn't either anthropologically accurate or historically sexist enough. And apparently they went away (you know, to go shopping or whatever), and then the men got confused and thought the women no longer existed, then they come back and think the men no longer exist because they went out for beer. And it wasn't clear where the other "tribe" was located, why the two didn't know about each other, whether they were supposed to be in Florida, and how the "ape men" were meant to be any uglier than any of the other men on any of the various parts of Florida (present day included). And who the heck was the hideous woman yelling, "DANCE!"? Why did she have her own secret club meetings with the women? Did the men know about her? Why was she ugly? Was she from the other tribe? Why were they afraid of "God" swimming with them? Shouldn't that be considered a transcendental experience? Why try to kill God? And how could you kill an alligator by trying to drown it in exactly the same way an alligator tries to drown other animals? It's pretty much immune to that.

Some pretty raunchy jokes in this one.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 07:21:44 AM »
On the anthropological side of things, the "hunter and gatherer" division of labor is actually a popular myth right up there with Teenage Caveman's fodder. Men did not go off in furs to hunt mastadons while women pounded roots. Most of the stock came from the whole family hunting rabbits with nets.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 08:18:51 AM »
On the anthropological side of things, the "hunter and gatherer" division of labor is actually a popular myth right up there with Teenage Caveman's fodder. Men did not go off in furs to hunt mastadons while women pounded roots. Most of the stock came from the whole family hunting rabbits with nets.

Damn, I have spent my whole life looking for root pounding women, and NOW you tell me that they do not exist   :angry:

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 09:10:23 AM »
Been thinking back on this one and I enjoyed it so much. The lunch break and other segments were always some of my favorite parts on The Film Crew movies and this one really didn't disappoint. Kevin's map of the world:

"Uh..Kevin, I can't help but notice you have Gotham City in Middle Earth."

"Wait a minute, is that Tatooine?"

:D

And then the whole wink ending was perfect.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline Crow T. Robot 666

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Do not offend the chair leg of truth.
    • Teeth of the Divine
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 03:09:20 PM »
Spain, you guys still believe in Spain?

That said there aren't enough movies where the lead actress is a half-naked redhead.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2009, 07:17:12 PM »
Spain, you guys still believe in Spain?

That said there aren't enough movies where the lead actress is a half-naked redhead.

I second that whole-heartedly.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 05:09:04 AM »
The resolution has been seconded.  All those opposed?.......  Good.  The resolution passes and more movies will now be made with half-naked red heads be they men or women.  I open the floor.
On timeout

Offline FatherOfTears

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • VIMEO Channel
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 05:51:53 AM »
They called the lady who kept yelling "DANCE!!!" Paul Stanley  :D They also could have called her Claudia Black  :P
If you are going to say something dirty, say it clearly.

Offline UnkaTony

• Disembaudio's Squadio
    • UnkaTony's profile at BanjoHangout
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
Easily my favorite of the 4 DVDs.

Kevin explaining how to get to Wongo was the best skit in the series.

"Spain? You guys still believe in SPAIN?!"

Giant Of Marathon is my second favorite, followed by Killers From Space.  I guess I'm just not a Rue McClanaFan.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
Adam Savage