Author Topic: Wild Women of Wongo  (Read 20880 times)

Offline SuperMappy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • SuperMappy's Arcade Homepage
Wild Women of Wongo
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:03:02 PM »
The Film crew finally does a color movie!

My second favorite of the series so far. Killers from Space is still better IMHO.

Favorite lines: "Polly wanna hand grenade", all the buffed men ones are always hilarious, should be plenty of these in the next release.
Stinger: Has to be the Big ugly lady screaming and running away!

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
Re: Wild Women of Wongo
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:29:11 PM »
I thought Hollywood After Dark was great. Although, its the only one I've seen so far. I thought young Rue McCalahan was cute. Although, it's a little odd that even when she was young she had old lady hair.
I really do like pie.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 05:53:32 PM »
Dance!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:08:35 PM »
Dance!

Darn, you beat me to it . . .

This has to be my favorite of the three released so far. I just couldn't really get into Hollywood (hard to watch with little kids around, ya know), but Killers was pretty good. I just found myself laughing at the jokes in Wongo a lot more.

Offline SuperMappy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • SuperMappy's Arcade Homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »
The one riff I don't get is when Bill says about the alligator, "Can someone remove this ticking clock from my stomach?"  ???

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the alligator on the stick "Dragon god", when the guy leaves, looks different in the closeup than it does in the farther away shot.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 06:23:20 PM by SuperMappy »

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 06:21:17 PM »
See: Peter Pan

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 07:00:54 PM »
DVDtalk.com loved this one:

Quote from: dvdtalk.com
the most gut bustingly funny Film Crew release to date. Buy this disk now so that we may see more Film Crew disks in the future.

A pretty strong endorsement.  Here's the full review.

*Still waiting for DeepDiscount to deliver my copy*   :-\
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 10:49:57 PM »
I am delighted to see the guys in matching clothes.  I would pay large amounts of American money if they wore the cardigans from the Turkey Day bumpers should they film further installments. 

Oh, and for your Netflix users, this is available as a "Watch It Now" option.  If you have the Shadowrama insert at the bottom of your computer screen, well then, that's one good time waiting to happen.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 12:26:52 AM »
This was good but not Killers from Space good.  I just wish they would put all the "host segments" back into the feature instead of having them be "bonus" features. 
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 06:55:24 AM »
Heh, I had decided that my credit card bills must come first, so I decided not to buy this one for the moment.

Then yesteday I got an email from Amazon.

"Your Pre-Order has been sent"

D'oh!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 09:58:06 AM »
I got mine today....it came with a bumper sticker.  See torgosPizza, somebody thinks bumper stickers are a good idea.
On timeout

Offline Illusion

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »
Is it just me or do Ed Grimley jokes never get old?  I really liked this one.  Not as much as Killers from Space but oh well.  I'm just anxiously awaiting the announcement that there will be new Film Crew DVDs.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »

Argh! I still haven't received my copy yet. I pre-ordered it, and even got the shipping confirmation a coupla' days ago. I think that the post office hates me... Seriously though. Last year, i had to turn in my mailman for pretending to deliver all of my packages, when he was actually just dropping those little slips in my mailbox instead. Which meant that i had to go to the post office to pick up everything i ordered through the mail. The lazy bastard.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 10:06:46 PM »
Here's a preview:
On timeout

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • Forum Czar
Wild Women of Wongo: Best One Yet
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 10:21:37 PM »

Oh yeah... It finally arrived. And i think that this may be my favorite actually. That dancing bit was a great segment... it's too bad that more of those don't actually make it into the main feature. Like a few people have mentioned before, they look like they were filmed to be cut into the movie as host bits.

Anyway, the actual film is great just by itself. It's exactly the kind of thing that i've been looking forward to when i first heard about The Film Crew. Originally i thought that Killers From Space would be my favorite, since i really like when the guys take on Science Fiction. But The Wild Women Of Wongo has run away with the top spot so far!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>