login

Author Topic: News on new Film Crew DVDs?  (Read 11504 times)

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
Re: News on new Film Crew DVDs?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:46:45 AM »

I'm not a very tech savvy person. It took my several hours of struggling and experimentation to get a rifftrax file onto my mp3 player, and i still have no idea how I accomplished it or how I could repeat the attempt.

Do you have that problem with normal MP3s that you put on your MP3 player?  What kind do you have?  There isn't any difference between our MP3s and any others you might have.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 09:36:54 PM »
It sucks to hear but if I had to choose between either The Film Crew or Rifftrax surviving, I'd have to go with Rifftrax.

I'd go with film crew over "some assembly required" type stuff.

I'm not a very tech savvy person. It took my several hours of struggling and experimentation to get a rifftrax file onto my mp3 player, and i still have no idea how I accomplished it or how I could repeat the attempt. Now I just play rifftrax files on my laptop. Then the further things, files that you have to hunt out and uncover in order to play, figure out how to download and use them, then try to get the two synched up (easy to start, but once you have to pause everything goes haywire because you can't unpause at the same time), is a bit beyond my means, and I find out that people are "reauthoring" DVDs, somehow creating a DVD with both trax and movie, synched perfectly, seems nothing short of magical to me.

I like the convenience of having everything you need to enjoy at my disposal just by buying a single dvd.

I have a very easy to made a DvD of a Riff track.

You use a stand alone Dvd recorder for this.

First you burn the Rifftrack to a CD or put it on your MP3 player(this should not be any difforant then using any other MP3 file.)

You hook up your VCR or DvD player with the movie in it to you DvD,you connect the video input cord(that's the yellow one) to the video input plug(again the yellow one) on your DvD recorder and you hook up the left audio cord(that's the white one)to the right audio input(That's the red one).

You then hook up your CD or MP3 player to the recorder by hooking up the left audio input to the left audio plug.

You then use the intro to make sure the volume is louder on the rifftrack then on the movie.

once you have the volume set you pause when Mike says to pause you then start the movie and start recording the movie you hit the play button on the rifftrack at the point Mike said to and it should work.

As long as you know how to hook things up it really is no harder to make a Rifftraax DvD then it is to record a show off of Tv

It has never taken me more then three or four tries to get a Riff synced up, most of the time i get it to work the second time,and sometime it works on the first try.

By the way I prefer Rifftrax.  we already have MST3K,CT,and those Warrior cinema guys for old B&W public domain B movies.

It used to be every time i saw a bad new movie I would say "Boy i wish they could do this on MST3K!" now that dream has come true.

Offline Fig Neutron

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 10:55:14 PM »
Ah, clever and simple!  Thanks for the info!   ;D

And Fuzzy Necromancer, if you read this, check Conor's message above.
I'll Say It. You'll Hear It. You'll Do It. I'll Get It. You'll Learn It. I'll Live With It. And You'll Die Without It.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 06:40:09 PM »
Your welcome.

I started doing it that way because I am not very good with computers either.

I tried reauthering on my computer a few times but i could never get it to work right.

I find my way works just as well.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 01:27:40 AM »

I'm not a very tech savvy person. It took my several hours of struggling and experimentation to get a rifftrax file onto my mp3 player, and i still have no idea how I accomplished it or how I could repeat the attempt.

Do you have that problem with normal MP3s that you put on your MP3 player?  What kind do you have?  There isn't any difference between our MP3s and any others you might have.

Yes. My problem is that I have the tech savvy of a 90 year old amish man. The only files I've managed to get onto my player are Audible.com audiobooks and library audiobooks, and htat's because the transfer dooh-mah-hicky is already set up for me. To the best of my understanding the mp3 player inborn software doesn't recognize the existance of anything.

Any audio file that doesn't come from a software with a big button that says "push this great big button to move the audio file onto your mp3 player, you backwards hick" is utterly beyond me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 01:29:36 AM by Fuzzy Necromancer »
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 01:35:51 AM »
It sucks to hear but if I had to choose between either The Film Crew or Rifftrax surviving, I'd have to go with Rifftrax.

I'd go with film crew over "some assembly required" type stuff.

I'm not a very tech savvy person. It took my several hours of struggling and experimentation to get a rifftrax file onto my mp3 player, and i still have no idea how I accomplished it or how I could repeat the attempt. Now I just play rifftrax files on my laptop. Then the further things, files that you have to hunt out and uncover in order to play, figure out how to download and use them, then try to get the two synched up (easy to start, but once you have to pause everything goes haywire because you can't unpause at the same time), is a bit beyond my means, and I find out that people are "reauthoring" DVDs, somehow creating a DVD with both trax and movie, synched perfectly, seems nothing short of magical to me.

I like the convenience of having everything you need to enjoy at my disposal just by buying a single dvd.

I have a very easy to made a DvD of a Riff track.

You use a stand alone Dvd recorder for this.

Um, is that like, something that does not involve the cd/dvd-rom bit on my laptop? D=
First you burn the Rifftrack to a CD or put it on your MP3 player(this should not be any difforant then using any other MP3 file.)
How do I do that? o_o
You hook up your VCR or DvD player with the movie in it to you DvD,you connect the video input cord(that's the yellow one) to the video input plug(again the yellow one) on your DvD recorder and you hook up the left audio cord(that's the white one)to the right audio input(That's the red one).

I think I might not have this "deevee dee reekorder" of which you speak >_>;
You then hook up your CD or MP3 player to the recorder by hooking up the left audio input to the left audio plug.

You then use the intro to make sure the volume is louder on the rifftrack then on the movie.

once you have the volume set you pause when Mike says to pause you then start the movie and start recording the movie you hit the play button on the rifftrack at the point Mike said to and it should work.

As long as you know how to hook things up it really is no harder to make a Rifftraax DvD then it is to record a show off of Tv

You can record shows off of TV? o_o I haven't been able to do that since I got digital cable, and I could barely figure out how to work the VCR recorder even before then.

It has never taken me more then three or four tries to get a Riff synced up, most of the time i get it to work the second time,and sometime it works on the first try.

By the way I prefer Rifftrax.  we already have MST3K,CT,and those Warrior cinema guys for old B&W public domain B movies.

It used to be every time i saw a bad new movie I would say "Boy i wish they could do this on MST3K!" now that dream has come true.
[/quote]

Doctor Who?

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 04:40:51 PM »

Yes. My problem is that I have the tech savvy of a 90 year old amish man. The only files I've managed to get onto my player are Audible.com audiobooks and library audiobooks, and htat's because the transfer dooh-mah-hicky is already set up for me. To the best of my understanding the mp3 player inborn software doesn't recognize the existance of anything.

Any audio file that doesn't come from a software with a big button that says "push this great big button to move the audio file onto your mp3 player, you backwards hick" is utterly beyond me.

If you hook up your MP3 player using USB and go into My Computer it should show up as a harddrive(depending on the number of drives on your computer it should be d,e,f,or g)and all you have to do is drag the riff file onto it.

Um, is that like, something that does not involve the cd/dvd-rom bit on my laptop?

Yeah all you need is a stand alone DvD recorder that you can now buy for less then $100 at any Wal-Mart.

How do I do that?

Any computer made in the past 8 years should have a CD burner and all the programs you need,there should be a booklet with your computer that tells you how.

I think I might not have this "deevee dee reekorder" of which you speak

This works just as well with a VCR.

You can record shows off of TV? o_o I haven't been able to do that since I got digital cable, and I could barely figure out how to work the VCR recorder even before then.

Cable stops you from recording shows?  I am glad I have Direct TV and a Macrovision decoder.

All you really have to do is hook the stuff up tune your VCR or DvD recorder the input station and hit record.

Hope this helps.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »
Cable doesn't actually stop you from recording shows, it just makes it slightly more complicated, and that slight degree of complication puts the whole process beyond my ability to fathom.

Alright, you're saying I don't need a standalone DVD recorder, that I can use my VCR instead. Is this true? VCRs can burn dvds? o.0

The instructions seem designed for somebody with a DVD recorder standalone. How do I get the yellow and white chords to plug into my computer?

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 21
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 07:29:57 PM »
you do know about the RiffTrax Player , don't you?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »
Cable doesn't actually stop you from recording shows, it just makes it slightly more complicated, and that slight degree of complication puts the whole process beyond my ability to fathom.

Alright, you're saying I don't need a standalone DVD recorder, that I can use my VCR instead. Is this true? VCRs can burn dvds? o.0

The instructions seem designed for somebody with a DVD recorder standalone. How do I get the yellow and white chords to plug into my computer?

No you can record it onto a VHS but i didn't think i needed to point that out,sorry.

You can get a a converter box that plugs into your computer's USB port and has all the plugs you will find on a VCR or standalone DvD Recorder for about $40 if you want to go that rout.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 09:27:50 PM »
Thanks for the advice. That helps a bit, but I still stand by my original point. Paying 40 dollars for an adpater or going to wallmart and getting something that's "less than 100 dollars" (which probably means at least more than 40 dollars), and then hooking this up to two other appliances sounds more than hassle free.

I'd take just buying a DVD over that any time.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »
Well to be fair most computers from the past three years have the adaptor built into their video cards,and I have had a Dvd recorder since 2002 i don't really think about any more it's as much a part of my tv set up as my VCR was 10 years ago.

You don't have to make your own DvD you can always just play the Rifftrack on your MP3 Player while watching the movie.

The sad fact is no major studio is ever going to have a sense of humor and relise that something like this is money in the bank because even people who didn't like the movie will watch it now.

It's not Mike fault and Film Crew had been over for 2 years when he started Rifftrax so it's not like one killed the other.

I love the freedom that Rifftrax has.

You should really try CT or ICWXP,they have a lot of what you seemed to have liked about film crew and they are on DvD.

Hope this helps.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 07:54:25 AM »
Yeah...

I think I just feel really uncomfortable and out of place when I go to try and read "the super-simple reauthoring DVD guide for bed-wetting morons" and I find myself going "What the heck does 'reauthor' mean? x.x". I really do feel like a 90 year old amish man amongst teenage MIT students.

Alas, my only computer that was made in the past three years has come on with a sudden case of the deads.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 08:39:27 AM »
I know how that feels.

I only came up with my way of doing it because i couldn't figure out have to reauther using a computer.

Also the newest computer in my house(but it is still pretty old)gives my family less trouble then our first computer that we got more then ten years ago.

Offline Fig Neutron

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »
You mean more trouble, right?
I'll Say It. You'll Hear It. You'll Do It. I'll Get It. You'll Learn It. I'll Live With It. And You'll Die Without It.