login

Author Topic: No Tobey Maguire in ROBOTECH - YET  (Read 6633 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
Re: Tobey Maguire in ROBOTECH.
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 07:31:04 AM »
the mod's should just  take Tobey Maguire out of the topic title.

NO!

why not, he is not going to be in the movie.
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3808
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 07:52:07 AM »
WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN BY SHEER FORCE OF WILL!

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2015, 10:57:28 AM »
WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN BY SHEER FORCE OF WILL!

like that ever works.
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2051
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
It did for Star Trek...

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2166
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: No Tobey Maguire in ROBOTECH - YET
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2015, 11:12:04 AM »
There. I fixed it to make it accurate and kept Mr. Unusual's sense of optimism!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3808
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
Pak... You know what I like!

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 04:26:52 PM »
a bit old mind you.
Sony Confirms 'CHARLIE'S ANGELS' Reboot, 'ROBOTECH' Flick, and More!
Quote from: Joseph Medina
Also up on the confirmation slate was the live-action ROBOTECH film. We last heard from this film back in April of last year, when Wan was juggling the prospects of taking either that film on, or AQUAMAN and FURIOUS 8. FURIOUS 8 ended up going to STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON director F. Gary Gray, while Wan hopped on board the DCEU train with AQUAMAN. The latter film is slated for a July 2018 release date, so while Wan looks to be busy with that behemoth for the foreseeable future, it looks like Sony is willing to put ROBOTECH on the back burner until that film is done.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »
THR JULY 17, 2017:
'It' Director Andy Muschietti to Tackle 'Robotech' for Sony (Exclusive)
Quote from: Borys Kit
Sony’s Robotech is getting It status.

Andy Muschietti, who directed the upcoming film version of Stephen King’s It, has been tapped to develop and helm the studio’s adaptation of the anime featuring giant armored warriors.

Muschietti's creative partner Barbara Muschietti will join Gianni Nunnari and Mark Canton in producing the project, which is based on the 1980s cartoon series from Harmony Gold USA and Japan's Tatsunoko Productions. It was re-edited and re-dialogued to combine three Japanese anime series to give the producers enough episodes to air as a daily syndicated series.

Robotech is a sprawling sci-fi epic that takes place in a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology of an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific island. The technology comes in handy when the humankind has to fend off a wave of alien invasions.

Hollywood has been trying to bring the mechas to the big screen for over a decade, with Sony picking up the rights in 2015. The studio previously courted James Wan to direct the potential franchise before the filmmaker committed to Aquaman.

The project currently has no writer but the studio expects to work with the Muschietti siblings to find someone to execute Andy Muschietti's filmmaker. The project is a high priority for Sony and it is moving quickly.

Sanford Panitch and Matthew Milam are overseeing for Columbia. David Hopwood is shepherding for Canton, while Shannon Gaulding runs point for Hollywood Gang.

Frank and Jehan Agrama, who produced the original series, are also involved.

Muschietti got his start in horror — he made his English-language debut with the 2013 surprise hit Mama — and is awaiting the September release of It from New Line Cinema. The movie's trailer scored one of the largest views ever in a 24-hour period, with prerelease interest at stratospheric levels. The same applies to Hollywood interest in Muschietti, who looks with It to have pulled off the difficult task of adapting one of King’s classics.

The filmmaker recently came on board to direct the pilot for Hulu’s television series adaptation of the Joe Hill comic book Locke and Key.

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2017, 07:52:27 AM »
Still don't see this ever making it off the ground. No pun intended.

"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2017, 09:55:02 AM »
Still don't see this ever making it off the ground. No pun intended.

I would have said the same thing years ago. But with the resurgence of giant monster and giant robot movies lately, if there is any time it's going to happen it'd be now.
That doesn't mean it'll actually be good, though. I still doubt that.

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2017, 08:40:13 PM »
It won't be good. From what I've heard Harmony Gold can't actually use the mech designs outside merch (which is hilarious in itself, look no further than them using a traced version of a Hi-Metal Strike Valkyrie product photo for a shirt) so presumably they would have to draw up completely different designs for the Valkyrie, Destroids etc or just have transforming jets/bikes/whatever and say "Hey here's Rick Hunter" and call it a day.

I'll laugh if it's a shot for shot version of the infamous "Robotech The Movie" that Cannon distributed. Or it's that aborted Robotech Academy series they tried to kickstart (and failed) as a film. Or [insert any of the canceled Robotech projects here]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:42:52 PM by Zeether »
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2017, 06:30:39 AM »
It won't be good. From what I've heard Harmony Gold can't actually use the mech designs outside merch (which is hilarious in itself, look no further than them using a traced version of a Hi-Metal Strike Valkyrie product photo for a shirt) so presumably they would have to draw up completely different designs for the Valkyrie, Destroids etc or just have transforming jets/bikes/whatever and say "Hey here's Rick Hunter" and call it a day.

I'll laugh if it's a shot for shot version of the infamous "Robotech The Movie" that Cannon distributed. Or it's that aborted Robotech Academy series they tried to kickstart (and failed) as a film. Or [insert any of the canceled Robotech projects here]
You know they'll just make the designs overcomplicated messes, like the Bayformers.  :P

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 09:51:21 PM »
Deadline September 12, 2017:
Wonder Woman’s Jason Fuchs To Write ‘Robotech’ For Sony
Quote from: Dominic Patten
EXCLUSIVE: Sony’s adaptation of Robotech found its director in Andy Muschietti back in July, and now Jason Fuchs is on board to write the screenplay for the feature based on the popular ’80s anime TV series.

Fuchs, who co-wrote the story for Warner Bros’ Wonder Woman with Zack Snyder and Allan Heinsberg, will be working with Muschetti to create the new Rototech from scratch, I’ve learned.

The high-priority Robotech takes place in an era when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology of an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific island. The residents of the third planet from the sun are now using that converted tech to fight off an impending alien invasion – aka big tentpole stuff.

Based on the Harmony Gold USA and Japan’s Tatsunoko Productions TV show, the big-screen version will be produced by Barbara Muschietti, Andy’s sister and creative partner; and 300 producers Mark Canton; and Gianni Nunnari. David Hopwood will be overseeing for Canton while Shannon Gaulding is doing the same for Hollywood Gang. Frank and Jehan Agrama, who produced the original TV series, brought the project in.

Having made his blockbuster bones with Ice Age: Continental Drift in 2012, Fuchs saw his Pan script hit the Black List the following year. Directed by Joe Wright, the Peter Pan prequel of sorts came out in 2015.

Fuchs is repped by WME and Brookside Artist Management.