login

Author Topic: Spiderman: One More Day  (Read 7115 times)

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
Spiderman: One More Day
« on: September 06, 2007, 02:42:32 PM »

The Amazing Spiderman #544
And so, with this glorious issue, Marvel begins another big can't miss event in comics: One More Day.

THRILL... as Peter Parker wallows in self pity (again)!

YAWN... as the entire story revolves around Aunt May on the verge of death (again)!

GIGGLE... at the lame heavy-handed commentary of America's health care system!

PUZZLE... at the new made-up power that can totally incapacitate Iron Man in webbing.

ASK... for your money back if you've already bought this horrible issue.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline GregMcduck

• Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
Re: Spiderman: One More Day
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 02:56:34 PM »
PUZZLE... at the new made-up power that can totally incapacitate Iron Man in webbing.

expound

RhodesWatson

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 02:58:07 PM »
That's the problem with comic books... eventually a series has so many dang issues that you eventually cover a story that was covered 458 issues ago... or run out of ideas. Of course, one obviously indicates the other.

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 02:59:19 PM »
So is the point of this "event" just to split up Mary Jane and Peter?

I don't really get why the guys at Marvel think that's a good idea, they're always complaining that the marriage limits the stories they can tell but it seems like the unmasking thing would have caused way more problems.

I don't know, Luke Cage just got a family and he's arguably  better than he's ever been before, it seems like they just want Peter to be more like a teenager again but...they've got the ultimate book for that

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 03:11:31 PM »
Quote from: Douglin

Is that what's going on? Other than that one image in the corner of like, every single Marvel issue for the last three months... i had no idea what the premise of this thing was going to be. I just stupidly bought into the hype, just like with Civil War. Although i have to admit that World War Hulk is pretty fun!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »
Quote from: Douglin

Is that what's going on?

Yep. The comic forums that I've lurked on have reported numerous times that Quesada really dislikes the pairing and wants to move Peter back to the old days where he was nerdy and loveless.

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 03:37:37 PM »

Great... even more angst and self pity! Just what Spiderman needs.

-Rude

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 04:47:48 PM »
   Turns out Mary Jane is a Skrull!!!

...maybe not

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5829
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 02:40:45 AM »
No but a future issue of Spider-Man promise the debut of Jackpot.

Hmm... Jackpot... Why does that sound so familiar, Tiger?

Detective Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 02:58:33 AM »
Huh..didn't they already kill poor aunt May back in issue 400? I still remember the stupid tombstone cover.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5829
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 03:01:16 AM »
Turns it was bad writing.  I mean, an actress.

No wait, both are correct.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 07:47:19 AM »
I'm just pissed they're turning Eddie Brock into Kletus Cassady apparently by making him nuttier than a fruitcake, not that he wasn't crazy to begin with, but having him hallucinate he's seeing the symbiote and running around in a cloth costume that resembles Venom? That's just plain crazy by Venom standards.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »
    Did you see that the last two parts are running months late?  The third part won't ship until late November and the conclusion will be late December.   How many months will it take before the three-times a month Amazing Spider-Man starts running late even though it doesn't start until January.  I'd already made my decision and dropped the book after One More D(el)ay.  I'm down to about 4 books a month from Marvel but Frank Cho and the soon-arriving Terry Moore will keep me around.
    If you like Frank Cho's work look up some back issues of Liberty Meadows.

Offline KingOfShippers

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 01:38:13 PM »
Dear lord they just erased the last 20 years of continuity  :grr:  :'( why marvel why.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 07:12:32 AM »
Good ol' Joe Quesada. When there's an opportunity to completely alienate the fanbase, he'll jump on it like a pitbull on a rotten steak.

Question is, once he's successfully driven away the "older" readership, what'll be left? The "younger" crowd? I sure don't see 'em. I wish I could meet this strange, nebulous "target audience" Quesada is always striving to capture.