login

Author Topic: Futurama! Bender's Big Score  (Read 7198 times)

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
Re: Futurama! Bender's Big Score
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2007, 02:50:33 AM »
I just watched it a couple of days ago.  It started out kinda slow, for about the first 10 minutes, then once Bender started stealing the show...it took off!..I liked it. 

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2007, 07:10:01 AM »
I highly recommend watching the whole movie before writing it off as a failure.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2007, 02:32:37 PM »
This was so bad I turned it off 20 seconds into the first song. Even bad movies have entertained me. This was just terrible.

Wow!
On timeout

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2007, 02:55:07 PM »
This was so bad I turned it off 20 seconds into the first song. Even bad movies have entertained me. This was just terrible.

Seriously, you can't judge this movie just by the cold open and the additions into the opening theme.  Give it a shot, if you were a Futurama fan before it's well worth it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Big Blonde

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • Hear the thunder of our chorus...
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2007, 10:06:35 PM »
Just watched it today, and I died laughing everytime torgo's executive powder was on the screen. Overall it was a great movie, and I'm glad that I finally got to see something new from the Futurama people.
ive seen it three times.  twice without commentary once with.  It was great.  when bender does the speeded code i just die laughing.  but i had one question

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well,

Side question, does anyone know which episode is the one where they walk into a movie theater and tom and servo tell them they're making to much noise?
"The struggle of man against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting."
Milan Kundera

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2007, 10:14:01 PM »
"Side question, does anyone know which episode is the one where they walk into a movie theater and tom and servo tell them they're making to much noise?"

"Raging Bender" is the title of that episode. It's from Season Two if I remember correctly.

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2007, 10:59:56 PM »
I watched it and I loved it. It was like thy never lost a step
I really do like pie.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2007, 04:11:42 AM »
Side question, does anyone know which episode is the one where they walk into a movie theater and tom and servo tell them they're making to much noise?

When did Tom and Servo split into different bodies?

Ford's right, it's "Raging Bender" season 2.  Love that episode, and that was one of the truly great "What the?" references.  I was completely unprepared for an MST3K reference on that show for some reason...and now we get Torgo's Executive Powder, guess I should have known better.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2007, 05:32:13 AM »
Just watched it today, and I died laughing everytime torgo's executive powder was on the screen. Overall it was a great movie, and I'm glad that I finally got to see something new from the Futurama people.
ive seen it three times.  twice without commentary once with.  It was great.  when bender does the speeded code i just die laughing.  but i had one question

Well,

On timeout

Offline homerjayla

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Rich in heady goodness!
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2007, 03:28:05 PM »

That's what my parents thought of the movie. I liked the movie a tiny bit better than they did.
Global warming, where?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2007, 10:57:26 AM »
My only problem with this movie was the way they kept sucking up to Al Gore.
If Matt Greoing really wanted to save the world he would refuse to make another episode of anything ever again.
other then that it was a great movie.
7.5/10.

???

Hmm. What kind of a curve are you working with there? And I dunno about you but Matt Groening can keep making episodes until he doesn't know what an episode is anymore.

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »
Were they sucking up to Al Gore when they had him immediately sell out his aide to the homicidal robot with a gun?
Or when they showed him as a taxi driver screaming like an idiot or when he was spinning out of control in the big space fight screaming like an idiot?

The ad for his movie was an extra from that they originally did for youtube, it's pretty usual for dvds to have extras on them that the fans might be interested in and I think some fans might have been interested to know there was a little piece done that had Bender in it even if it wasn't that great, so they threw it on there

Also your whole Carbon footprint rant is stupid, your basically saying if you can't do it 100% you shouldn't bother at all which is a frankly pathetic statement.

I thought the movie was really good and look forward to the other three and beyond...

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2007, 11:29:06 AM »
Plus one of Gore's daughters wrote/writes for the show.
On timeout

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »
Damn, I thought I was the most jaded environmentalist on the board. Doctor Who? just stole my title.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:01:59 AM by Minnesota »

Doctor Who?

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2007, 08:35:19 PM »
Sorry about dragging this thread down.

I watched the movie again and i liked it more the second time.

I don't take back anything i said,but i don't think this was the place to say it so i removed my post.

Sorry again.

you are now free to return to talking about how great this movie was.