login

Author Topic: MAFIA purgatory: corpses only!  (Read 79998 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: MAFIA purgatory: corpses only!
« Reply #1005 on: May 08, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »
TripeHoundRedux is gonna kill them all, one by one.  He's pure evil I tell you.  Pure evil.

In retrospect, that was pretty dumb of me to say "if I die, go after him".  I didn't think about how that would make it appealing to use me to frame him.  I still stand by my conviction.

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 312
  • I used to be cool dag nabbit!
« Reply #1006 on: May 08, 2009, 02:51:34 PM »
I am starting an unholy army of the dead to take revenge on those that have killed us (and for yelling at me for posting in the thread after I was dead) I say we unite and kill all of them!! Unless you guys have something else going on, I'm up for just about anything. Anybody have UNO?

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1007 on: May 08, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »
Hey... glad to see you guys could make it to the afterlife!  There are finger sandwiches and Stella Artois in the fridge.  Help yourselves.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1008 on: May 12, 2009, 11:15:32 AM »
Srsly, TripeHoundRedux is mafia, pulling everyone's strings.  When are they going to realize that two families are running around out there picking them off, and vote to kill obvious mafia?

That's the problem with this game; if you try to convince everybody that someone is mafia, the mafia spot you and take you out.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #1009 on: May 12, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »
That's the problem with this game; if you try to convince everybody that someone is mafia, the mafia spot you and take you out.

Not always.  It all depends on who's playing and if they're taking the game seriously.

I will say that this particular game would have benefited the citizens much more if Ax and TeamRAD would have stuck around and voted, instead of not voting for three rounds in a row.  They end up dead without having much input, giving the mafia members more and more pull with each round.

But who knows?  Perhaps the citizens will turn it around this round.  It's not too late.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #1010 on: May 12, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »
Also, I'm fairly certain we're not supposed to talk about active games while the game is going on, since you know, people still playing can come in and check out this thread and then vote based on what they read in here.

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #1011 on: May 12, 2009, 11:30:53 AM »
Also, I'm fairly certain we're not supposed to talk about active games while the game is going on, since you know, people still playing can come in and check out this thread and then vote based on what they read in here.

Indeed.  I was about to mention this.  Although, it would be silly of someone to vote based on what's being said in here.

Anyway, please keep the current game discussion down in here.  My above post is about as close to current game discussion as I'd like to see in here (Since it's not specific to living players).  Thanks!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1012 on: May 12, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »
Well then what the Hell am I supposed to talk about in here?

"Hey, nice weather we're having in this part of the world that I'm in but you're not."

"Have you seen trendy new movie?"

"I think local sports team is really going to kick ass this year.  They might even win the big tournament.  I hope they beat rival sports team."

"Did you play online gaming last night?  I did.  I got so many frags."

I can't talk about it here because it might (god forbid) influence an opinion.  I can't post in the active thread.  May I discuss it in Riffchat, or are the baliffs patrolling there too?

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1013 on: May 12, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »
Dead men tell no tales.  You'll have to wait until after to discuss it.  It's the only way to have a fair game for those that are still playing.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #1014 on: May 12, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »

I still cannot believe I survived all the way into Round 5 by only voting once!  :D

*was away or sidetracked from Round 2-5*

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1015 on: May 12, 2009, 12:00:41 PM »
You must have been distracted... 'cause you voted twice.    :D

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #1016 on: May 12, 2009, 12:18:12 PM »

...hahahahahaha.

Did I really? *checks* 

The Fish Taco!  :D

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #1017 on: May 12, 2009, 01:00:42 PM »
I can't talk about it here because it might (god forbid) influence an opinion.  I can't post in the active thread.  May I discuss it in Riffchat, or are the baliffs patrolling there too?

Dude, it's been a rule of the game since we very first started playing it.  Don't start getting on my case just because I enforce said rules.  Cool it.

EDIT:  You may want to read the very first post of this thread.  It goes over what the purpose of this thread is:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,4963.0.html
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:09:14 PM by James of LinHood »

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #1018 on: May 12, 2009, 01:08:09 PM »
Besides, you're dead.  What do you care about the game anymore anyway? YOU LOST!

Anyway, the point of mafia is that you can't stand out too much or you get taken out.  You also can't blend in too much or you get taken out by the citizens. It's a psychological game about non-verbal communication and being informed vs. uninformed.  It is the whole damn point of the game you're poo-pooing.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1019 on: May 12, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »
Besides, you're dead.  What do you care about the game anymore anyway? YOU LOST!

Anyway, the point of mafia is that you can't stand out too much or you get taken out.  You also can't blend in too much or you get taken out by the citizens. It's a psychological game about non-verbal communication and being informed vs. uninformed.  It is the whole damn point of the game you're poo-pooing.

I'm not complaining about that, as much as people would like to believe that everything that isn't all sunshine and buttercups is cantankerous bitching.