login

Author Topic: MAFIA purgatory: corpses only!  (Read 73192 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: MAFIA purgatory: corpses only!
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2007, 09:00:02 AM »
hehe, fair enough.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2007, 11:06:33 AM »
I wonder if doggans realizes that he voted himself out of victory... We were going to let him live had he voted for me. Ah the irony. Anyway, that was pretty fun, congrats to everybody for a game well played...

hey bathtub, just outta curiosity, did you ever know I was in the Mafia? You seemed to make a list of like 8 suspects and they latched onto me?! Those lucky bastards :)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2007, 11:34:42 AM »
I actually thought you played very well, Minnesota. It took me until the 4th citizen vote to spot you, and I wasn't even positive of that until the mob hits for that round went through.

The hardest part about being in the mafia is not making it TOO obvious that you consistently vote along with the same 2 people. This difficulty can be accidentally made even more difficult if 1-2 of the members from the other family happen to vote along with you just by chance. Eventually, the citizens start to see voting blocks everywhere, and paranoia can set in (to your advantage, or not). :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2007, 11:36:53 AM »
I wonder if doggans realizes that he voted himself out of victory... We were going to let him live had he voted for me. Ah the irony. Anyway, that was pretty fun, congrats to everybody for a game well played...

hey bathtub, just outta curiosity, did you ever know I was in the Mafia? You seemed to make a list of like 8 suspects and they latched onto me?! Those lucky bastards :)

Well it went like this.

I knew TempestJonny, he was my first guess, due to his non-voting agreement with YoohooRiffer, only a Mafia dude wins with something like that.

Jasimon1 was my second guess because she wanted YR dead so badly.

The third guess was how I described it in the thread, it came down to Pyro and Doggan because we had been waiting for a bunch of people (you included) check in for that final vote/hit. Pyro and Doggan commented, then the hit came down, so I narrowed it to between those two, asked bout Doggan, got back he was a Citizen, so then knew Pyro which was when I was trying to swing the vote.

The next round started, I actually sent in my in my 4th guess, which, as Wilson Fisk should be able to confirm, was Minnesota, but he wouldn't answer until the Mafia Hit came in, which unfortunately, was me. :(

You never did answer why you didn't vote that round, I viewed not voting as a suspicious since Mafia could use it at a tactic to lay low, since as long as their family  wasn't a target for the citizens voting they got to get a kill anyway, so why bother drawing attention to themselves, like poor YR.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2007, 11:42:53 AM »
I don't remember why I didn't vote, I suppose it had to do with Chris changing up the time schedule several times, but I honestly didn't do it intentionally, in fact are we sure I didn't vote... I never even bothered with trying to figure out what happened, ah well the important thing was I didn't do it on purpose.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2007, 12:50:23 PM »
well it was a reeeally long round and you didn't post at all. until you made the comment about me accusing you of not being on the forum, which was after the hits, which is what we were waiting for to start the next round.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »
Unless I'm missing something, this is the round that I supposedly didn't vote, lol. My vote gets erased by Fisk on the next page.

http://www.rifftrax.com/smf/index.php/topic,4837.msg139559.html#msg139559

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »
nevermind it gets erased like three posts later, on the same page no less?!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2007, 01:07:37 PM »
Ok so thats what happened to it.

Wilson Fisk

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2007, 01:13:27 PM »
**thunks head on desk repeatedly**

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2007, 01:24:18 PM »
Its all good, both those guys were gonna be toast by us anyway :)

I took some heat for it, but it made the game more interesting and (almost) didn't matter. In fact I might have even noticed it before but chose not to say anything, I don't remember exactly.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2007, 01:39:50 PM »
I actually thought you played very well, Minnesota. It took me until the 4th citizen vote to spot you, and I wasn't even positive of that until the mob hits for that round went through.

The hardest part about being in the mafia is not making it TOO obvious that you consistently vote along with the same 2 people. This difficulty can be accidentally made even more difficult if 1-2 of the members from the other family happen to vote along with you just by chance. Eventually, the citizens start to see voting blocks everywhere, and paranoia can set in (to your advantage, or not). :)

I guess it partly helped my case then that I didn't care who jasimon or johnny were voting for

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2007, 01:42:21 PM »
I wonder if Ortega's telling the truth or if he's in the mafia

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »
I wonder if doggans realizes that he voted himself out of victory...

Figures. Maybe next time I should second-guess myself more. :P

YoohooRiffer

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2007, 02:13:07 PM »
I wonder if Ortega's telling the truth or if he's in the mafia

Well he's the only left who never voted against me so I think he's telling the truth.  I never heard from my informant so I can't be sure.