Author Topic: THE COMPUTER THREAD  (Read 342214 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
Re: THE COMPUTER THREAD
« Reply #2820 on: November 16, 2020, 05:00:59 PM »
I was very nervous about that when I bought closed loop liquid cooler.  But the Corsair I had first never leaked, and my current cool master has been going strong for a couple years now.  Would love to liquid cool my gpu, but that's a whole other thing.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3082
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: THE COMPUTER THREAD
« Reply #2821 on: November 16, 2020, 06:33:06 PM »
My first AIO water cooler was a Corsair, lasted 5 years before enough coolant evaporated through the tubing that it started making air bubble noises and not cooling as it did when new.

Only reason I got the Fractal Design one to replace it was that it used standard fittings on the radiator, so it could be expanded to include GPU cooling and easy to refill.  So now if I want to someday build a custom loop I have a rad with fans all set to go.

Took the cold block apart and didn't see anything really wrong, so don't know why it wasn't moving enough liquid.  Those micro-fins on the copper plate are amazing, looked at them with one of those hand held microscope tube things, the channels are only 0.001 inch wide.  They didn't look clogged at all, so without seeing any mechanical reason for it to fail I'm guessing something electronic in the controller was failing.