Author Topic: X-Mas Poll  (Read 14955 times)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: X-Mas Poll
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 12:56:28 PM »
Hey, y'all can riff Earnest movies all you want, as long as you leave Ernest Goes to Jail alone!!!

;D

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »
Woo! Electroman! I'm less ashamed than I'd like to admit to say I have seen and ENJOYED nigh every Ernest movie. I'm a sucker for cartoon slapstick. :^)

Offline ambitiously stupid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I'm not a nerd. Nerds are smart.
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 08:59:33 PM »
I love Ernest too.  I've seen every one of his films. (even the straight to video)  I don't think Mike will ever do one or Jingle all the way, because they are comedies.  I don't think they ever did a straight comedy on MST3K.  I would like to them try one.  But there may be too many jokes thrown around for a good riffing.
When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my buisness!

Listen Murdock, I'm sick and tired of your dead lobster...

Offline Torgo's Helper

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Knew your father, I did!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 12:31:27 AM »
I don't think they ever did a straight comedy on MST3K.

I know it's been discussed before, but Catalina Caper probably qualifies as a straight comedy.  And that episode turned out really funny.  But I like Mike's thoughts on Riffing comedies from the teevee.org interview, and I could see why he wouldn't want to make a habit out of it.
Think about it, won't you?

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 07:45:14 AM »
The big question is, if they ever do an Ernest movie, how will they decide between Ernest Goes to the Beach and Ernest DOESN'T Go to the Beach.  It's a tough decision gentlemen.

Offline NCYDR

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »
Ever been to a forum where there are 20 different conversations going on about the exact same topic and you don't know were to jump in so you leave more confused than when you were when you arrived?  It's all over the place.  So lets try and keep our little corner of the intranets tidy so that it is more accessable to newcomers.

were:  be  /bi; unstressed bi, bɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bee; unstressed bee, bi] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb and auxiliary verb, present singular 1st person am, 2nd are or (Archaic) art, 3rd is, present plural are; past singular 1st person was, 2nd were or (Archaic) wast or wert, 3rd was, past plural were; present subjunctive be; past subjunctive singular 1st person were, 2nd were or (Archaic) wert, 3rd were; past subjunctive plural were; past participle been; present participle be‧ing.
?verb (used without object)

where:  where  /ʰwɛər, wɛər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hwair, wair] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
?adverb
1.   in or at what place?: Where is he? Where do you live?
2.   in what position or circumstances?: Where do you stand on this question? Without money, where are you?
3.   in what particular respect, way, etc.?: Where does this affect us?
4.   to what place, point, or end? whither?: Where are you going?
5.   from what source? whence?: Where did you get such a notion?
?conjunction
6.   in or at what place, part, point, etc.: Find where he is. Find where the trouble is.
7.   in or at the place, part, point, etc., in or at which: The book is where you left it.
8.   in a position, case, etc., in which: Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
9.   in any place, position, case, etc., in which; wherever: Use the ointment where pain is felt.
10.   to what or whatever place; to the place or any place to which: I will go where you go.
11.   in or at which place; and there: They came to the town, where they lodged for the night.
?pronoun
12.   what place?: Where did you come from?
13.   the place in which; point at which: This is where the boat docks. That was where the phone rang.
?noun
14.   a place; that place in which something is located or occurs: the wheres and hows of job hunting.
?Idiom
15.   where it's at, Slang. where the most exciting, prestigious, or profitable activity or circumstance is to be found.

Note:  Us and y'all make MSTakes...

I'm not dead yet....

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 09:12:55 AM »
In the immortal words of Dr. Cox:

Giant who-cares!

Come on, we're trying here. It's not like we talk like a bunch of retarded monkeys on crack... like on just about every other forum.

It's not like YOU wrote any of that yourself.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 10:41:16 AM »
How about the two best Xmas movies ever? (besides Muppert Christmas Carol)

DIE HARD and GREMLINS?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 10:43:31 AM »
Come on, we're trying here. It's not like we talk like a bunch of retarded monkeys on crack... like on just about every other forum.

we dont??  how would you know until if you have a valid comparison.  Its time to do some serious harm to some retarded monkeys i say. 

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 11:40:49 AM »
I need to find a retarded monkey forum...

IGN forums?

Die Hard would be a great Christmas Rifftrax. And I base this on nothing at all.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 11:46:06 AM »
Check the Adultswim.com forums. I do believe that not only is it populated by retarded monkeys, but that a great deal of Crack is involved in their posting process as well. :^)

Seriously it is SO cool to find a forum where people can speak in complete sentances and words! :^)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 12:47:17 PM »
How about the two best Xmas movies ever? (besides Muppert Christmas Carol)

DIE HARD and GREMLINS?

I don't know about Gremlins??? I don't think it would work for me.

However, Die Hard would be great. Its a classic late 80's cheesy action flick. I think it would work very well with the RiffTrax genre.

Yippie Kye Aye M... F...

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »
Check the Adultswim.com forums. I do believe that not only is it populated by retarded monkeys, but that a great deal of Crack is involved in their posting process as well. :^)

You made me smile. Damn you.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 09:25:26 AM »
is this anything like the million monkeys with typewriters thingy?

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 10:07:47 AM »
Ever been to a forum where there are 20 different conversations going on about the exact same topic and you don't know were to jump in so you leave more confused than when you were when you arrived?  It's all over the place.  So lets try and keep our little corner of the intranets tidy so that it is more accessable to newcomers.

were:  be  /bi; unstressed bi, bɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bee; unstressed bee, bi] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb and auxiliary verb, present singular 1st person am, 2nd are or (Archaic) art, 3rd is, present plural are; past singular 1st person was, 2nd were or (Archaic) wast or wert, 3rd was, past plural were; present subjunctive be; past subjunctive singular 1st person were, 2nd were or (Archaic) wert, 3rd were; past subjunctive plural were; past participle been; present participle be‧ing.
?verb (used without object)

where:  where  /ʰwɛər, wɛər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hwair, wair] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
?adverb
1.   in or at what place?: Where is he? Where do you live?
2.   in what position or circumstances?: Where do you stand on this question? Without money, where are you?
3.   in what particular respect, way, etc.?: Where does this affect us?
4.   to what place, point, or end? whither?: Where are you going?
5.   from what source? whence?: Where did you get such a notion?
?conjunction
6.   in or at what place, part, point, etc.: Find where he is. Find where the trouble is.
7.   in or at the place, part, point, etc., in or at which: The book is where you left it.
8.   in a position, case, etc., in which: Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
9.   in any place, position, case, etc., in which; wherever: Use the ointment where pain is felt.
10.   to what or whatever place; to the place or any place to which: I will go where you go.
11.   in or at which place; and there: They came to the town, where they lodged for the night.
?pronoun
12.   what place?: Where did you come from?
13.   the place in which; point at which: This is where the boat docks. That was where the phone rang.
?noun
14.   a place; that place in which something is located or occurs: the wheres and hows of job hunting.
?Idiom
15.   where it's at, Slang. where the most exciting, prestigious, or profitable activity or circumstance is to be found.

Note:  Us and y'all make MSTakes...

DAMN YOUR RIGHTNESS!!! <shakes fist>