Author Topic: Point Break ON DEMAND  (Read 8583 times)

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
Point Break ON DEMAND
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:54:31 PM »
I know that there will be no need for me to rent Point Break, because if you have Comcast Digital Cable, it is On Demand in the Free Movies section. I'll just crank up my computer, and turn on the cable.
Maybe I'll reauthor it once the new dvd version of Point Break goes down in price a little.

Offline Night Goat

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: Point Break ON DEMAND
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 12:59:10 PM »
Maybe I'll reauthor it once the new dvd version of Point Break goes down in price a little.
Yeah, I know what you mean! I went to the store thinking "OK, Point Break'll be $10, tops." Then I saw that they just came out with some fancy version of it for $15! It wasn't a deal breaker and if I win the Point Break surfboard they're giving away it will be worth it, but that was even more expensive than X-Men! X-Men is a superior movie by far. OK, maybe not by far, but it's better.

Back to re-authoring!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:07:29 PM »
I think every one of us should try for the surfboard. It belongs to a Riffaholic!

Offline TreadLayer

• Disembaudio's Squadio
    • business
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 03:52:46 PM »
Netflix doesn't have Point Break in stock?  At least in Minneapolis, it doesn't.

Will I have to buy it and go for the surfboard as well?

Offline fortytwice

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • www.myspace.com/fortytwice
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 06:11:03 PM »
oh wow... i bought this damn movie yesterday...

I've checked EVERY other rifftrax release for an OnDemand showing...

oh well.

Offline Michel Weisnor

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Winter Cometh
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 10:54:28 AM »
If you don't have On Demand, check Encore/Starz this month:

Point Break (1991)
Encore Drama, Fri Oct 13 11:50am EDT

? Point Break (1991)
Encore Drama, Fri Oct 13 10:05pm EDT

? Point Break (1991)
Encore Action, Mon Oct 16 11:15am EDT

? Point Break (1991)
Encore Action, Mon Oct 16 08:10pm EDT

? Point Break (1991)
Starz Edge, Fri Oct 20 10:20am EDT

Offline Qrusher14242

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 04:39:14 PM »
im waiting for it to become available on netflix. Can't buy anymore of these crappy movies lol

Hank

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 07:21:01 AM »
SecretAgentSuperDragon, did you notice the change from widescreen to full frame about 5 minutes in? When I watched it, when the change occured, it looked like it was fake widescreen and they just sort of slid the black bars from the top and bottom.  ???

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 07:51:21 AM »
SecretAgentSuperDragon, did you notice the change from widescreen to full frame about 5 minutes in? When I watched it, when the change occured, it looked like it was fake widescreen and they just sort of slid the black bars from the top and bottom.  ???

That's a technique they use in making full screen movies.  If a scene can't be converted to widescreen, or if its to nice, they'll keep in widescreen and transition it to fullscreen.  This is common for movie beginnings and closings, since that's usually when directors put their big vista shots.  Directors probably demand these scenes stay in widescreen for TV viewing.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »
That's a technique they use in making full screen movies.  If a scene can't be converted to widescreen, or if its to nice, they'll keep in widescreen and transition it to fullscreen.  This is common for movie beginnings and closings, since that's usually when directors put their big vista shots.  Directors probably demand these scenes stay in widescreen for TV viewing.

Mostly to keep from having to redo the credits for a full screen version.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 09:59:31 AM »
Yeah, they do that with a bunch of movies. Oh well. Think of it as 33% less visual pain. :D

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 06:29:59 AM »
Notice it's ON DEMAND, not IN DEMAND.  I don't think this movies ever been In Demand. Until now. For us to laugh at.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 08:40:26 AM »
What boggles my mind is that they would come out with a new dvd release of it. That would be like coming out with a"Extreme Future" edition of Future War. Its like sugarcoating a dog turd.

Hank

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 11:24:50 AM »
Did you notice that the new edition came out around the same time as the riff? Coincidence? I think not!

I think that it's a secret plot by...

BEST BRAINS, INC. !