login

Author Topic: Any Love for Bill O'Reilly??  (Read 5571 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Any Love for Bill O'Reilly??
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:34:01 AM »
[yt=425,350]z8c9Q4qL4vY[/yt]
On timeout

• Mr Bungle
Re: Any Love for Bill O'Reilly??
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »
[yt=425,350]SAQzGJ2rEnA[/yt]
On timeout

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 08:39:47 AM »
I actually enjoy watching his 'smugness', even if he is a Communist as my parents think he is :D :D

BUT I Like Colbert Much Better!! :clap: :clap:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:47:26 AM by RVR II »

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »
O'reilly is pretty funny to watch.  It is pretty entertaining when he goes after the really easy stuff, where he is absolutely right and can pat himself on the back for being so righteous.  But most of the time he attacks people who just believe things different than him.  It's also funny when he has people on and doesn't let them speak and then twists what they do say, then they quickly go to commercial.  It's like his guests are a line of straight men that he bounces one-liners off of.  He's entertaining if you like watching a person self-destruct.  Which I do.
On timeout

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:13:33 AM »
What can be said that hasn't been said a million times before?  He's a smug, righteous prick who claims he's in the "no spin zone", when he's anything but. 
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:26:23 AM »
I think he's talented in a strange way that nobody examines.  Everybody talks about how smart Einstein is, but what about O'Reilly?
On timeout

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 09:28:15 AM »
Who can forget about his hard hitting report of the lesbian gangs with pink pistols that are going around attacking children.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 09:39:11 AM »
Or the delightfully sleezy way he has of interviewing people like Jenna Jameson. Hmm outrage is an odd sign of arrousal but it's Bill's.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 09:39:23 AM »
I enjoyed the excerpts of some of the things Bill O'Reilly said to Andrea Mackris the dailykos provided when he started attacking their site so O'Reilly viewers went to the site they got a little more information about Bill O'Reilly than they wanted to know. It's funny that he said he was only going to show that picture once then proceeded to show it a few more times on later dates. He tried to spur some uproar with another picture but then had Dennis Miller on after he showed the picture and then they ended up having a good laugh over the picture, what happened to the outrage?!?! I'm wondering how many people actually watch his show because they agree with the things he says or if all of his viewers have a morbid curiosity with watching insane people rant.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »
Ooh now don't get me started on Miller..

He wasn't funny before he became more vocally conservative and he's not funny now.

I'm wondering how many people actually watch his show because they agree with the things he says or if all of his viewers have a morbid curiosity with watching insane people rant.

Apparently the median age of his viewers is 72 so I'm guessing they watch cause it's what the nursing home put on. :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:47:35 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »
his viewers have a morbid curiosity with watching insane people rant.

That's me.  I wonder if Bill ever sits down and examines who he is in an introspective way?  Like, what are my motivations?
He's so simple, and yet angry at the same time.  If he was an actor playing himself, he would deserve awards.
On timeout

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 10:22:22 AM »
What can be said that hasn't been said a million times before?  He's a smug, righteous prick who claims he's in the "no spin zone", when he's anything but. 

2nd... also, hey mods can we get a politics branch on the forum, just a suggestion for 08'... the thought of an election year is already giving me a headache

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 10:24:56 AM »

2nd... also, hey mods can we get a politics branch on the forum, just a suggestion for 08'... the thought of an election year is already giving me a headache

I'd caution against that, once that was established I'd fear we'd see a huge influx of people just popping up to argue in ALL CAPS and that'd simply be a waste of bandwidth.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 10:25:47 AM »
the thought of an election year is already giving me a headache
Heh, me too.

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »
This is more of a joke about the John Stossel thread, and not really political for me.

I just think both these guys are full of themselves.
On timeout