Author Topic: Any Love for Bill O'Reilly??  (Read 5391 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3662
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Any Love for Bill O'Reilly??
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 11:03:13 AM »
I have Meat Puppets II, the album those covers are from.  It's like low-production punk country.
Yeah.. I'm not a fan of country, so my description may have been off a little :P

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 11:03:28 AM »
See the only Punk I really enjoy is the early Irish stuff: The Pogues,  The Stiff Little Fingers, otherwise it all leaves me cold.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 11:06:40 AM »
Well the Meat Puppets don't exactly conform to a specific style.  Every album is different.  Kinda like Ween, but not as tongue in cheek.
On timeout

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 12:34:51 PM »
I really don't care for O'Reilly; I find him excessively bellicose, and far more interested in himself than in the issues he talks about.

Worse yet, his success has caused the left to scramble about desperately looking for their own counterpart, resulting in everyone else having to put up with empty suits like Keith Olbermann, or Utter Goddamned Fools like Al Franken.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 12:40:50 PM »
Keith Olbermann > *

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 12:46:02 PM »
Utter Goddamned Fools like Al Franken.

You know I hear that said a lot but I never hear examples of his foolishness given. Whereas there's lots of materiel in O'Reilly to illustrait the assertion that he's a creepy bore.

Not overly interested in Franken really but I'd like to see more than just the assertion made all the time.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 12:49:15 PM »
al franken is the only highlight of next years election ... politics are soooooo boring, thank god for people like Franken, Olberman, and Colbert that can make an otherwise boring subject interesting (also I share their opinions)

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 01:19:22 PM »
O'Reilly can't even call Franken by his real name.  He calls him Stuart Smally. 
How can you call Franken a fool.  He's the one who got Fox News to sue him for using Fair and Balanced in the title of one of his books.
He won that argument in court and used it to propel book sales.  He's funny!
On timeout

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »
My problem with Bill O'Reilly is that he mislabels, deceives, and flat-out lies about issues. When someone makes a point against any statement he has made he reduces himself to juvenile tactics, such as shouting over them, telling them to shut up and cutting off their mics. He'll label people for his audience so they can make their prejudgment before all the facts are learned. Usually he won't even present all the facts. He tries to set his argument on the platform of common sense then immediately will push his argument off the platform. I've (unfortunately) sat through many full shows of his before and it's not any different from the clips you see on youtube. When people quote Bill O'Reilly he usually will lie and say he never said whatever was quoted. He's a liar that has no business being on anyone's television. If anyone wants examples I will happily present them via the mouth of Bill O'Reilly. "No Spin-Zone" my ass.

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »
Bill wrote a book

I would love to get the audiobook of it.  It actually reads it.  He talks about pimps and hos, blowjobs, and fun stuff.  Hearing it from his mouth would be fun.
On timeout

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »
Bill wrote a book

I would love to get the audiobook of it.  It actually reads it.  He talks about pimps and hos, blowjobs, and fun stuff.  Hearing it from his mouth would be fun.

That's what I'm talking about!

I find his writing about teenaged girls performing Oral Sex to be a little disquieting really.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 05:16:29 PM »
I've watched his show a couple of times but I can't stand the screaming matches that break out on any of the Political Talk shows.  I do think it's hilarious when O'Reilly goes on the Colbert Report.  It's entertaining to say the least.    I think that those shows should be watched for entertainment purposes only, and not for any real information.  All of them are biased to the point that you don't know which way is up half the time. 

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
no
I really do like pie.

Offline Mr.Nobody

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I blue myself
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 07:46:50 PM »
I wanted to post my favorite clip ever from the O'Reilly Factor, where him and Geraldo go at it.  I don't think I've ever seen him get more pissed off, and thats really saying something.  It appears that the real way to piss him off is to point your finger at him.

[yt=425,350]tLPuGuaZTx8[/yt]
I've sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit.

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 09:45:03 PM »
I've seen Bill O'Reilly's show only once, and it was enough for me to decide that I don't like it.  My decision is based on the way the debates on the show are structured.  Things just evolve from a debate to a shouting match, where it seems like the louder they yell, the smarter they'll sound, and I can't stand listening to situations like that.  I mean, at least let somebody try to rationalize their point properly before breaking into their argument.  Wait your turn to talk and play nicely, kids, and remember to use your inside voices and don't take your grape juice into the living room; we don't want it to spill on the new carpet.