login

Author Topic: So who owns the most BAD movies on DVD???  (Read 11678 times)

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: So who owns the most BAD movies on DVD???
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 08:34:10 AM »
I was speaking with my wife about this and she reminded me of one of my favorite goob/bad movies ever. I am ashamed I had forgotten about this one:

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

I loved the Lost Skeletion of Cadavra.  Its the kind of movie that I don't imagine will ever be replicated because it is really, really well done.  The way the professor speaks on the movie is so odd, yet so fitting to that style of movie.  Its a total must for anyone who likes 50s B-movies.  Thanks for reminding me about that one JonnyFrag.

Offline Sophie

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Time And Relative Dimension In Space
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 08:56:27 AM »
I had to get rid of most of my really terrible movies when I moved recently, but I kept my small collection of Godfrey Ho movies. For those who aren't in the know about Ho (ooh, catchy), he's a Hong Kong director who was most prolific in the 80s making "ninja" martial arts films. They were so low budget, he would cut and paste footage from many other unfinished movies, film some scenes with a western actor to "link" these stories together then re-dub it all again to give it some coherence (it didn't work). This results in confusing stories, really really cheesy dubbing (even the english-spoken scenes are re-dubbed (badly) into english again), and a general feeling of "What on earth did I just watch?" at the end of every one. But I love them, all the same.

I found a trailer on YouTube for one of my favourites, Ninja Terminator. This is the quality you can expect when you watch a Godfrey Ho movie. ("Show them jaguar style, Jaguar Wong!")

I also have The Ninja Squad, Golden Ninja Warrior, Ninja Dragon, The Ultimate Ninja, Ninja The Protector, Lethal Ninja, Zombie Vs. Ninja (not as awesome as it might sound), To Catch A Ninja (a.k.a Ninja Thunderbolt), Ninja Ultimate Challenge, Bionic Ninja, The Ninja Showdown, Ninja Commandments and Ninja Death Squad. So I may not have the most bad movies, but I possibly have the most bad ninja movies  :D

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 09:02:39 AM »
Pretty much anything with Ninja in the title is a winner. Especially from the 80's.
Anyone ever see The Exterminator? It was a really bad low budget Chuck Norris/Rambo kind of movie. Had a really decent effect of a guy getting his throat slit by a machete in the begining of it. Otherwise it was just 'truckloads of pop rocks."
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 01:40:46 PM »
I love watching bad movies because of MST3K and Rifftrax with groups of friends. Though I dont own many of them. Probably the worst one I own is The Scorpion King and that isn't all that bad.....

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 02:03:32 PM »
I love watching bad movies because of MST3K and Rifftrax with groups of friends. Though I dont own many of them. Probably the worst one I own is The Scorpion King and that isn't all that bad.....

Dude!  I have one word for you: The Rock

'nuff said
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
It's not a DVD, but I DO own a copy of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Coming OUt of their Shells tour on VHS! :^)

Now THERE'S a piece of film that brings on the pain!

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 05:06:59 PM »
I had to get rid of most of my really terrible movies when I moved recently, but I kept my small collection of Godfrey Ho movies. For those who aren't in the know about Ho (ooh, catchy), he's a Hong Kong director who was most prolific in the 80s making "ninja" martial arts films. They were so low budget, he would cut and paste footage from many other unfinished movies, film some scenes with a western actor to "link" these stories together then re-dub it all again to give it some coherence (it didn't work). This results in confusing stories, really really cheesy dubbing (even the english-spoken scenes are re-dubbed (badly) into english again), and a general feeling of "What on earth did I just watch?" at the end of every one. But I love them, all the same.

I found a trailer on YouTube for one of my favourites, Ninja Terminator. This is the quality you can expect when you watch a Godfrey Ho movie. ("Show them jaguar style, Jaguar Wong!")

I also have The Ninja Squad, Golden Ninja Warrior, Ninja Dragon, The Ultimate Ninja, Ninja The Protector, Lethal Ninja, Zombie Vs. Ninja (not as awesome as it might sound), To Catch A Ninja (a.k.a Ninja Thunderbolt), Ninja Ultimate Challenge, Bionic Ninja, The Ninja Showdown, Ninja Commandments and Ninja Death Squad. So I may not have the most bad movies, but I possibly have the most bad ninja movies  :D

I say you definitely have the most bad ninja movies.  Thats awesome that you have all those Godfrey Ho movies.  I have one of his with Cynthia Rothrock and the fights in it are hilarious.  There so bad they border on self parody, but its pretty obvious that Godfrey thinks his movies are awesome.  I was actually considering buying a couple of Ninja movies I noticed on amazon.com (I think they are actually in your list somewhere, I need to check).