login

Author Topic: Steve Burns (guy from Blues Clues)  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
Steve Burns (guy from Blues Clues)
« on: August 13, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »
This album was released a little while ago, but i wanted to know if anyone else has listened to it and what you think about it.  Steve Burns (who is the guy that was on blues clues) left the show to work on his music and his first album is Songs for Dustmites. 

I kind of took this song and made it my theme song (since im actually a short guy and thought it suited me well). Its called Mighty Little Man and its my favorite song on the album. 

[yt=425,350]iJMNhkb1I8c[/yt]

Also he is working on another album which i hope comes out soon. I really liked his first one and hope that the next one will be just as good.  The music video I've always liked, but never have been completely able to understand all of it. 

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
Re: Steve Burns (guy from Blues Clues)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 02:34:06 PM »
I caught wind that Steve Burns was launching a music career from a news bite on Pitchfork a couple of years ago.  I checked his website out, mainly because friends of mine used to say that Steve reminded them of me.  I enjoyed the songs he'd posted, so I bought the album when it came out.

I like several of the individual songs on there, particularly Troposphere and Mighty Little Man, but a lot of the album sort of blends together for me.  I think maybe he let Steven Drozd call the creative shots a bit too much, since the album mostly comes off as the Flaming Lips without Wayne Coyne.  It's a pleasant enough listen, just not hugely memorable.   I'm looking forward to the next album to hear which direction he moves.

I see that he's posted several new songs to his Myspace page.  I'll have to give them a listen when I get a chance..

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 02:51:15 PM »
I listened to it a while back out of curiosity, partly because I know a couple of Flaming Lips guys worked on it (or just the one, I dunno)....  I remember it being ok but nothing special really.... I think my main problem was it seemed a little long for what it was

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 02:56:53 PM »
Yeah i see what you mean with some of his songs on the album. i think at the time i mostly just got it so i could have Mighty Little Man, and What i Do on a Saturday.  I just want his next album to come out soon.  Been itching for some new music and havent had much luck finding any

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 05:23:59 PM »
this is the first that I'm hearing of this, glad that the Blues Clue guy is chasing his dreams... I've always felt bad for him, that Blues Clues job would've sucked pretty hard ... although I'm sure the money eased much of that pain
song was okay, might check out a few more if I find time

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 07:00:29 PM »
That's a great little song.  I'm gonna have to go check out his other stuff.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)