Author Topic: Scrubs... SO LAME!  (Read 17484 times)

Offline Reductio_ad_absurdum

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • A Singular Way
Re: Scrubs... SO LAME!
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2007, 05:48:35 PM »
Seriously, what's with everyone's love of South Park?

I like South Park mainly because I watch it with my friends, and it makes it more enjoyable.

By the dark Raspberry blood of Cthulu's mother's pies, arise servant of the foul ones!  Live again, bloated and very nasty smelling beast from the obsidian gates of Nar Num Mon!

Is there a rule against necromancy here?

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2007, 12:58:48 PM »
Well, so long as it's active...

I really, really love The Office AND My Name Is Earl.  I also have recently discovered that I thoroughly enjoy 30 Rock.  I don't watch Scrubs anymore, but I often enjoyed it when I did.  If it makes me laugh, it makes me laugh, and there's no bad there. 

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2007, 02:32:54 PM »
All of my favorite shows got canceled.

Scrubs was amusing for a bit, but after I discovered the pattern of the jokes, plot, and the "moral lesson" at the end of each episode, I lost interest.

anais.jude

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2007, 12:27:10 PM »
There are no laugh tracks. Okay, save for a few moments of mockery. This is vital because it doesn't "teach" people what's funny, it allows them to laugh at what THEY think is funny.

Scrubs doesn't have a laugh track. I think scrubs is really enjoyable, i love the cartoon aspect of it. All the cuts into what is going on in j.d.'s mind are awesome. plus dr. jan itor  :D

I also really enjoy my name is earl, great acting, and the cliffhanger for this second season ending was really interesting.
i love the american office because a) they have already had more episodes than the british ones and that gives the characters more time to develop, b) they don't do british humour, they just stole the concept from a british tv show (although ricky gervais and partner are laughing all the way to the bank), and c) Michael Scott is way funnier, well-rounded, and easier to watch than ricky gervais. Watching gervais was like watching retarded people and then laughing. although steve carrell does this sometimes too, that is my least fave quality of the show (both versions)

but as long as we are talking about comedy shows, all i can say is
Arrested Development. Best. Comedy. Ever.

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »
Arrested Development. Best. Comedy. Ever.
Further backing my first statement.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »
My favorite Scrubs episode (the Star Wars one)...
"Easy Chewy..."

Offline optimus357

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »
I like* how at the end of every episode Doctor Shnozola recaps on what his job as a doctor has taught him that week and how the longer the series runs, the less I agree with the things he has learned.  I also like* how every 4th show on television is about doctors.  * By like I actually meant profusely dislike.