Author Topic: Sid and Marty Krofft  (Read 1317 times)

Offline ImOscardotcom

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
Sid and Marty Krofft
« on: August 05, 2007, 02:48:08 AM »
I'll leave the actual talking about the Kroffts to you people.  I just wanted to post this...  [yt=425,350]FHqcNj0Pv6c[/yt]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 04:15:10 AM by ImOscardotcom »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Sid and Marty Krofft
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 11:25:23 AM »
Nice one.

The city where I live has a WNBA team coached by one of the Sleestaks (Bill Laimbeer I kid you not).

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:20:38 PM »
Bill Laimbeer was a Sleestack? That is all kinds of awesome.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 03:21:53 PM »
And, by the way, Lidsville makes H.R. Pufnstuf look like an episode of Law & Order.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 04:03:34 PM »

That's a great episode of Mr. Show... In fact, it's the one that i always show to people when i'm trying to uh... "turn them on", to the series. The ironic thing is that most Krofft shows are just as funny as that clip, if not more so. I have a Krofft boxset that features everything from The Bugaloos to Bigfoot & Wildboy. And those shows are just so crappy, and so far out there... that i'm still amazed that they ever made into onto television in the first place. I feel sorry for those of you who only had this kind of crap as entertainment as children.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »

Like I said, I kid you not, it's there on the Wikipedia page  for confirmation, but I actually learned it in the Freepress the first time the Shock Won the WNBA championship. Aparently the eiditors thought the championship wasn't compelling enought news so they threw in the sleestack thing. Actually a couple of other players of Laimbeer's age rage also slid on the insectiod-reptillian body suits.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 05:05:33 AM »

Like I said, I kid you not, it's there on the Wikipedia page  for confirmation, but I actually learned it in the Freepress the first time the Shock Won the WNBA championship. Aparently the eiditors thought the championship wasn't compelling enought news so they threw in the sleestack thing.

Unfortunately, women's sports have always gotten short shrift from male sports writers/editors. In the case of the WNBA, which is at least fifty times as interesting as men's basketball, this is particularly galling.

- Conan O'Brien