Author Topic: Play Rifftrax in sync with Sharecrow!  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Conc

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Steve Concotelli
    • Sharecrow
Play Rifftrax in sync with Sharecrow!
« on: October 07, 2006, 06:59:33 PM »
Hey Everybody,

Most of you know about Sharecrow already.  But for those of you that don't, I wanted to briefly introduce ourselves.

Sharecrow is a free DVD player specifically built to play Rifftrax IN SYNC with any DVD!  So even as you skip around the DVD, Mike's commentary will remain in perfect sync.  Sharecrow lets you play a DVD and a .mp3 at the same time, through one interface.  It's free to download, contains no spyware or adware, and doesn't record onto your DVD in any way. 

Using Sharecrow is easy.  In fact, we've custom built this RIFFTRAX USER'S GUIDE just for you!     

Saving your work is easy with Sharecrow too.  Once you get Mike's audio in perfect sync, save your settings as a .CRO file.  You can then swap your .CRO file with other Rifftrax users, making it easier for them to enjoy Rifftrax!  We've even provided a .CRO for Mike's "Top Gun" Rifftrack, available here.

Feel free to give Sharecrow a try.  If you have suggestions / questions / comments, please send them to me (and not the Rifftrax staff).  Thanks and enjoy!

Steve Concotelli
www.sharecrow.com

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1514
Re: Play Rifftrax in sync with Sharecrow!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 07:32:24 PM »
We already know!  Geeze!  Quit spamming.  You're just trying to boost your post count.  Wait... That's what I'm trying to do...

I love Sharecrow. 

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »
any word on when you can get it to export as a file that will be usable as an audio track to be burnt to DVD?
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1514
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 09:57:58 PM »
This is just my guess... but never.  That's not the point of Sharecrow.  Sharecrow is a program that allows you to play the DVD with the track at the same time, while keeping both things separate.  There are other programs that can do what you're asking.  Check out this topic to find out how http://rifftrax.com/smf/index.php?topic=413.0   

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 01:09:19 PM »
yeah and if you read the thread, you don't need to screw around with stretching or compressing the mp3 to make it fit the sync lines.  The guide is pretty straight forward, if I can do it, so can you!

Offline Conc

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Steve Concotelli
    • Sharecrow
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 08:46:07 AM »
any word on when you can get it to export as a file that will be usable as an audio track to be burnt to DVD?

Sharecrow doesn't actually alter the .mp3 or DVD at all.  It adjusts the position of the Rifftrack against the DVD and the speed at which the .mp3 is played back.