Author Topic: Christopher Moore: The Author Guy  (Read 1527 times)

Offline call_me_nuveena

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Your local goddess of mediocrity.
    • Mindless Drivel
Christopher Moore: The Author Guy
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:00:43 PM »
The more posts I read on this forum, the more I think that this is a group of Chris Moore fans in the making.  He is a popular writer, but I'm always amazed at how many people just don't know who he is.

For those of you who are in the dark, Chris Moore is a fiction writer whose stories border on the bizarre but, as far as I'm concerned, still accessible.  He's written ten novels, including the absolutely side-splitting and heart-wrenching Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal, which isn't nearly as blasphemous as it sounds. (But then I might not be the greatest judge of such things for various reasons that aren't worth getting into at the moment.  Also, I might be biased since Lamb is my favorite book, ever.)

He's also written Practical Demonkeeping; Coyote Blue; Bloodsucking Fiends; Island of the Sequined Love Nun; The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove; Fluke, or I Know Why the Winged Whale SIngs; The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror; A Dirty Job; and his latest, You Suck: A Love Story, which is a sequel to Bloodsucking Fiends.

Here in The Frozen Tundra, it's rare to come across another, avid fan of Chris Moore, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to create a space in which old and new Moore fans alike could talk about his work.

If you haven't read any of his books, get thee to a library.  If you have, feel free to drop comments here.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:05:46 PM by call_me_nuveena »

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: Christopher Moore: The Author Guy
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 01:47:49 AM »
I noticed some of his books recently on display at Borders. I'm not familiar with him, but the books seem fun. Is there one you recommedn starting with?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 05:49:27 AM »
I'd say Lamb

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:03:38 AM »
I'm familiar with the name, but haven't read anything by him.  I respect your opinion, though, Nuv and I'll check it out.  I've exhausted my David Sedaris resources, anyway.
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline call_me_nuveena

• Magneto-cent Member
    • Mindless Drivel
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 09:18:49 AM »
I agree with THR: Start with Lamb.

Offline call_me_nuveena

• Magneto-cent Member
    • Mindless Drivel
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:20:53 AM »
I'm familiar with the name, but haven't read anything by him.  I respect your opinion, though, Nuv and I'll check it out.  I've exhausted my David Sedaris resources, anyway.

Aw, shucks.  And we could probably start a new thread for David Sedaris alone.  What a mad, evil genius.