6 (6.3%)
2 (2.1%)
3 (3.2%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.1%)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: Rank-a-Riff  (Read 16017 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Rank-a-Riff
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 01:57:11 AM »
Wow. A lot of love and some intense hate for this one.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 09:33:18 AM »
lol yeah bringing a few lurkers out of the woodwork to rail on it.  I finally got it mixed and burnt yesterday, so I will be watching it this weekend.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Re: Ashamed
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
Anybody who rates this high is a die-hard MST fan who is simply and purely in deep, deep denial.  This was a horrible, thrown together riff that is actually more painful to listen to than watching the actual movie (which I believe is the exact opposite of what the riffs are made to do).  The whole point of rifftrax and MST is for Mike and his friends to sound witty and hilarious while watching bad movies.  This made them sound stupid and made me want to slap Kevin Murphy for not having one joke worth laughing at in the whole movie (he obviously would disagree since he laughed more through the movie than his audience).  I love Mike, he is hilarious...but if he slaps another piece of sh@t on this site like 300 I probably won't buy another rifftrax.  He obviously knows what is funny, this was rushed and horrible.

Stick to movies that deserve riffing (dennis quaid quality movies) and you can't go wrong.  Shame on Mike and the gang for producing this god-awful waste of time and money.

Jeez, I hope you are using hyperbole to prove a point.  That you are trying to be over the top, because 300 was funny.  No need for the acid bath.  If you don't want to get Rifftrax anymore don't.  Nobody really cares. 
On timeout

Offline DoctorZ

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • It may stop, but it never ends.
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 03:15:37 AM »
I really liked this one.  The movie was interesting to me personally since I like graphic novels and the sword and sandal genre.  It was also overacted so rich fodder for Mike, Bill and Kevin.  This one kept me laughing all the way through.  Great Trax  :clap:
" A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it." SAKI

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
I gave it a 7, for the continuous chuckle I got from it, plus a few big laughs, but not the best out there.

Still, I'll take a Rifftrax with the three mighty riffers over just about any comedy in theaters at ANY GIVEN TIME!!!

Offline Behonkiss

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • Escapist
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 07:09:03 PM »

Like some other longer movies, this is a tough one to sit through and there are a good number of duds to stretch out the whole length, but there was still a lot of great material in here.  The guys are at their best during the battle scenes and the queen's stupid subplot, but they made the same jokes about Xerxes that everyone else has been doing, so they could have been a little more creative there.  This was a great movie for riffing, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Offline Voyeur

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 08:00:24 PM »
I totally give this the highest rating. So hilarious!

"CAN I HAVE SOME NACHOS?"

Offline erlanger

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »
I gave it a 9.  I watched 300 when it came out on dvd, and wasn't impressed.  The riffing made it much, much better.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 12:27:16 PM »
9 here, very close to 10.  One of the riffs I end up watching many times over.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 12:38:29 PM »
I gave this one a 9. It took a bit to really get going, but when it did there was some hilarious ones. All the various 'This is Sparta!' jokes were great, though my favorite joke was probably the Red Rover one (love that one so much :D). It was also nice to see that the gay jokes were kept to a good level (as opposed to making them the basis for every single joke, as others have done).

Offline ninjacat11

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Literal Surrealist
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 11:55:59 PM »
9 out of 10. 300 definitely deserves a good riff. It helps that said riff was hilarious. The Ann Coulter line was great.

Offline not so bad really

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 08:33:54 AM »
This movie was painfully bad. And the rifftrax was impossibly good.
Whoever wrote this one is a genius.

Offline jenlight

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »
This movie was painfully bad. And the rifftrax was impossibly good.
Whoever wrote this one is a genius.

With this I do agree.

My favorite riff, "Oh come on, there's bleeding and then there's just plain showing off!"
I howled throughout the whole thing! 10/10 My favorite rifftrax so far.
 :clap:

THIS IS SPARTA A BALANCED BREAKFAST! <-- Seriously? That's NOT funny? On what planet?
Steve?

Offline Elijah Baley

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Magic Robot Space Detective of the Future
Re: Ashamed
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 03:18:13 AM »
Anybody who rates this high is a die-hard MST fan who is simply and purely in deep, deep denial.  This was a horrible, thrown together riff that is actually more painful to listen to than watching the actual movie (which I believe is the exact opposite of what the riffs are made to do).  The whole point of rifftrax and MST is for Mike and his friends to sound witty and hilarious while watching bad movies.  This made them sound stupid and made me want to slap Kevin Murphy for not having one joke worth laughing at in the whole movie (he obviously would disagree since he laughed more through the movie than his audience).  I love Mike, he is hilarious...but if he slaps another piece of sh@t on this site like 300 I probably won't buy another rifftrax.  He obviously knows what is funny, this was rushed and horrible.

Stick to movies that deserve riffing (dennis quaid quality movies) and you can't go wrong.  Shame on Mike and the gang for producing this god-awful waste of time and money.

Jeez, I hope you are using hyperbole to prove a point.  That you are trying to be over the top, because 300 was funny.  No need for the acid bath.  If you don't want to get Rifftrax anymore don't.  Nobody really cares. 

I'm actually on the not-troll's side on this one. It didn't have stupid podracing jokes and only a minimum of "please kill me now," but it didn't have the continuous string of guffaws. Much like the Matrix commenter who noted he ending up being wrapped up in the film rather than the commentary, I found myself more annoyed than entertained by many of the jokes. Weak track.

That said, RiffTrax is like Pixar: there's so much great stuff coming out from these guys that their worst is still relatively respectable, and better than any competitors. The Bug's Life, the worst Pixar movie, is about as good as Happy Feet, the best non-Pixar animation from the same period.\\

Considering the average RiffTrax is absolutely hilarious --- see: the first 45 minutes of D War: Dragon Wars or the whole of Matrix Reloaded --- and this was merely sort of funny, I'd have to give this RiffTrax a solid D. I restrain myself from adding a minus.
Average RiffTrax earn a C.

Star Wars Holiday Special: A+; The Room: A; Twilight: A; Eragon: A-; Firewall: A-; Batman and Robin: B+; Battlefield Earth: B; Titanic: B-
Casablanca: C+; The Matrix: C;  Aeon Flux: C-; The Sixth Sense: C-; Spider-Man: D+; X-Men: D; Island of Dr. Moreau: D; 300: F

Offline Steel Monkey

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »
Finally got to see this, crappy movie good riff but not great.