login

Author Topic: Greencine Changes  (Read 1012 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Greencine Changes
« on: July 30, 2007, 01:33:27 PM »
I just got this email:

Dear GreenCine Member,

You know, hindsight's 20-20, and while we were so excited about the changes a-foot at GreenCine we didn't anticipate there would be the number of glitches and delays in the system that occurred over the past week. We don't just have egg on our face, we have a whole Greek omelet. While we can assure you that there are definitely good changes afoot, we realize that doesn't make up for the fact that some of you experienced some real frustrations both with shipping and communication and for that we profusely apologize. (For those of you who didn't experience any problems, well, just ignore this part of the letter. Move it along here, nothing here to see, move it along.)

Also, as part of our new e-manifesto, we'll be focusing back on the thing we've been doing well all along: DVD rentals. So, for the foreseeable future, our site will be all rentals, all the time. We appreciate the patronage we had from everyone who purchased DVDs through our new DVD store. We may bring back this feature in the future, but for now our focus will be back on rental, which is what the majority of our customers have told us they're most interested in.

More things to expect from us soon:

We're bringing back contests, giving away DVDs and movie memorabilia; upgrades to the site (yes, you've heard this one before, but we mean it); pumping up our inventory, which means fulfilling more requests and getting more copies of our most popular titles; and new, smaller envelopes which will aid in greatly speeding up shipping times through the USPS.
On timeout

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
Re: Greencine Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 01:36:07 PM »
What... what is it?

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 05:36:59 PM »
like netflix, but more weirder titles
On timeout

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 05:48:26 PM »
AUGH! I just realized that if I was using GreenCine, I would have just been able to rent Godzilla's Revenge, instead of buy it! Oh, what an awful waste of money.

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »
I guess I wasn't there when you needed me, sorry buddy.
On timeout

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 07:52:19 PM »
Heh, no problem. I now have a perfectly legal home defense system at my disposal. If anyone breaks in, I'll just show them a clip from Godzilla's Revenge, and once they get to the part where the kid wearing terrycloth Daisy Dukes starts talking to Godzilla's retarded King Kong love child, Minya, AND MINYA STARTS TALKING BACK IN A GOOFY VOICE, they'd have clawed their own eyes out.
I'd hate to see what would have happened to me if I wasn't already partially immune to this kinda stuff.

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »
It would work on me.  I can't stand Godzilla.  Even the MST3k versions put me to sleep.
On timeout