login

Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS)  (Read 116211 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5320
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS)
« Reply #810 on: July 29, 2008, 10:21:34 AM »
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to go stand in the Geek Corner of Shame (TM) for not knowing where the troll picture came from. While there, the rest of us will point and laugh at you. You are free to use this public scorn as an excuse to later become a masked vigilante if you so desire.
It's a Guy painted Blue from the Tribal Smurfs to me :D :D

I can't stop laughing :D :D

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #811 on: July 29, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »
Dignan, Tripe, RVR?

My name's Compound. I'm with the Geek Patrol.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to go stand in the Geek Corner of Shame (TM) for not knowing where the troll picture came from. While there, the rest of us will point and laugh at you. You are free to use this public scorn as an excuse to later become a masked vigilante if you so desire.

ooh, you guys got busted by the Geek Patrol, that's like being arrested by a mall security cop
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #812 on: July 29, 2008, 12:03:33 PM »
I know where the troll is from... diy.despair.com :P
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #813 on: July 29, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
I have said multiple times I liked this movie,  Is it as great as everyone says it is? Test of time will tell more than likely and even then it's opinions. There were several things wrong with the film however and seeing as I am able to at least admit  this was a good movie, you all should be able to admit there were several things wrong with the movie.
Round about now! Since they say! I am the sexiest man in Jamaica!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #814 on: July 29, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »
There you go again telling people that they have to think the same way you do.

Noone said you had to like the movie.

I found the movie to be pretty near flawless i think it's the best movie to come out since Lord of the Rings.

You are not our king and you are not better or smarter then the rest of us.

Just because you say something is so doesn't make it so.

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #815 on: July 29, 2008, 12:40:34 PM »
You strike me as the type of person who would get offended with a hello. I criticize the film while giving it credit, You throw a bitch fit. I mention several times I don't think I am better than you all and that it is opinions, You throw a bitch fit. I say you all should not have to, you throw a bitch fit.

Going on a pattern here, I think there is only one conclussion left, nurse.

Calm down, even when I'm beyond mild people still find a way to get "angry" and "offended".

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #816 on: July 29, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »
Very well, I'll admit it was in no way a flawless movie.  A lot of the action scenes, in particular, were filmed and edited in a way that it made it difficult to tell exactly what was going on at any given moment.  The whole bit in the parking garage at the beginning was a little bit confusing and felt a bit like it was tacked on at the last minute.  And the acting of those who were cast as the Gotham City mobsters often felt like they were participating in an entirely different movie, what with their "dese guys ovuh dere" accents.  Those things bothered me.  I'm sure they didn't bother other people.  It's all cool by me, whatever.    

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #817 on: July 29, 2008, 12:48:07 PM »
The Main reason people are getting offended and out of shape is that your are incessant in your dislike for the movie.   I mean, if you simply didn't like the movie, you would have posted as such, given your reasons for not liking the movie, and you would have moved on.  But instead you simply repeat the same thing over and over ad nauseam, trying to get a reaction out of people.  That, in and of itself, is the definition of trolling.  You want to have an argument.  What this says about your character is troubling.  Do you have some sort of self-esteem isssue that must be satiated by "winning" arguments about trivial subjects like movies?  You've said your piece, now let's move on.

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #818 on: July 29, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
The Main reason people are getting offended and out of shape is that your are incessant in your dislike for the movie.   I mean, if you simply didn't like the movie, you would have posted as such, given your reasons for not liking the movie, and you would have moved on.  But instead you simply repeat the same thing over and over ad nauseam, trying to get a reaction out of people.  That, in and of itself, is the definition of trolling.  You want to have an argument.  What this says about your character is troubling.  Do you have some sort of self-esteem isssue that must be satiated by "winning" arguments about trivial subjects like movies?  You've said your piece, now let's move on.

Originally I did say my piece. I said I didn't like the movie, gave my reasons. Then was attacked for it. Several times. I even went as far as ignoring this thread for the better part of it, only to have people still attacck me for my opinion. Even now, I onlly said what I said because I was brought up as being the same person as Ingrown.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #819 on: July 29, 2008, 01:06:37 PM »
Yes, i'm sorry that you've been attacked for your opinions.  BUt continuing to sulk in the corner, throwing peices of food at the tables insn't going to prove anything.  IF you were a bit more congenial in your disagreements, then maybe there would have been such a scuffle.  But simply proporting your subjective view as the only valid one is not a way go about it.  From what i've seen, you took issue during the Movie Poll, where you waere apprently upset about Batman Begins winning the poll.  And you employed the same tactics as you've used here, taking issue with any positive post and any in direct opposition to yours. So then you took the fight into THIS thread.  So people were already on the offensive.  So might i suggest this bit of advice, drop it.  Say in driect terms, why you like the mmvoe or dislike it.  Then please, fucking drop it.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #820 on: July 29, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »
Oh man, did you fall off your cross again Dr. ?  Well .... let's get you back up there.
On timeout

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #821 on: July 29, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »

Time to move on people.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #822 on: July 29, 2008, 07:22:10 PM »

Time to move on people.

Wait 6 billion, that still leaves way too many that care.

Table 094. Midyear Population, by Age and Sex
---------------- --------------- -------------- -------------- ----------- -------- -------- ------
Country or area/                                                                                   
Year/                 Population     Population     Population     Percent  Percent  Percent    Sex
Age                   both sexes           male         female  both sexes     male   female  ratio
---------------- --------------- -------------- -------------- ----------- -------- -------- ------

WORLD/2008

Total, all ages    6,706,992,932  3,376,791,855  3,330,201,077       100.0    100.0    100.0  101.4

Source: U.S. Census Bureau, International Data Base.

That's 706,992,932 people who care!
On timeout

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5320
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #823 on: July 29, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »
Uh huh.. Yeah.. ::)

They didn't participate :-X

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #824 on: July 29, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »
Yes.  The poll numbers were:

6,000,000,000-don't care
706,992,932-abstaining

Granted there was a 1% margin of error, so take it with a grain of salt.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky